Options

[Team Fortress 2]: Towering pillar of bad opinions about hats

• Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And those damned Dalokohs bars did nothing but extend my stomach size for 30 seconds.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All talk was on tonight, so I may be mistaken that this was directed at someone else but I still think it's worth saying. I will probably get infracted for this but I don't care.

Whoever swore and called me (or someone else) a "worthless medic" can suck a dick. At the time I was trying to keep 4 people alive at once and none of them was shooting the pyro killing me. (Which was happening a lot tonight.) If you are such an authority on good medic playing you can damn well play it yourself and shut the hell up.

El Guaco on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It takes balls to put up with the kinda shit medics have to go through.

My heart goes out to you, sir.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kaliyama wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    You have to have a mic in order to participate in the tourney?

That's dumb.

i think you need more reading practice.

Unfortunately, reading comprehension is a skill required to participate.

tofu on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    On the contrary, he'll become even more visible. What with being turned into several hats and worn by Valve employees.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the ultimate way to play medic is to utterly not care

and blueball-uber whoever insults you

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    After two weeks of working with Valve Support with some general troubleshooting tips, they have at last asked me to help debug the recent performance degradation issues with the team directly.

Gentlemen, I approach the hat epicenter.

While you're there, find out why the Mac update broke alt-tab.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the ultimate way to play medic is to utterly not care

and blueball-uber whoever insults you
    Seriously. Don't be a dick to food service workers, cleaners, or the man with the healing gun.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm never mean to medics, but I will repeatedly tell a team with no medics how dumb they are.

tofu on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I had an awful medic on a pub last night

attacking gravelpit C, they had like 5 soldiers up there spamming away

he was healing me, had a full uber, I blew my buff banner, spammed E a bit, turned the corner and then he went and healed a sandviching heavy

I proceeded to eat at least 2 crit rockets

then I spent much of the next round running around on 50hp with the equalizer behind him calling for medic

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    then I spent much of the next round running around on 50hp with the equalizer behind him calling for medic

Oh god. Just reading that made my blood pressure rise and the little vein on my forehead pop out.
    Nice job. He deserved it.

DogEight on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If I see another medic ignore our demoman in lieu of ubering a heavy against 3 sentries I will fucking slash his intertires

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Fuck demoman

tofu on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Screendump!
    evanohgodwhatisit.jpg
    fellhoundheavy.jpg
    freebooterheavy.jpg
    heyyouheavy.jpg
    icyspy.jpg
    palmersniper.jpg
    sladvanmedic.jpg
    tyrannussoldier.jpg
    alphapyro.jpg

My personal favourites are the sniper on the ground laughing, and the spy tripping over the corpse.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I just want to say that some kills on Undie tonight were most enjoyable.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • Options
    RAGE.RAGE. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If I see another medic ignore our demoman in lieu of ubering a heavy against 3 sentries I will fucking slash his intertires

I basically never uber heavies. They're only incrementally better candidates than snipers or spies. I'll kritz them, sure, but ubering them is stupid.

RAGE. on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Catalase wrote: »
    After two weeks of working with Valve Support with some general troubleshooting tips, they have at last asked me to help debug the recent performance degradation issues with the team directly.

Why are you not using -noborder -window?

Peewi on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I am a bit flawed in that I prefer not to give demomen the time of day as a medic due to my completely rational hatred of that class

But if I know you're a good demoman and can get results, it's heal city

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Time for some morning medifun

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Catalase wrote: »

Why are you not using -noborder -window?

I am *now*. But I get a choppier framerate than I did before.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sladvan wrote: »
    I just want to say that some kills on Undie tonight were most enjoyable.

that bonesaw

most impressive

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    snowlarbearsnowlarbear Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    in the medic's defense, equalizer blocks healing.

snowlarbear on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's kind of the point. On the list of things that medics hate with a passion, a dumb-ass soldier running around yelling for a medic with an equalizer out is pretty high up there. In this case, he was doing it on purpose to grief him for a bit.

Also on the list: Scouts that decide running frantically around the medic is better than standing still, people who adamantly refuse to believe that hurting yourself in spawn doesn't help with the uber, and when someone confuses a kritz for an uber and gets themselves immediately killed.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i just like rocket jumping around in spawn

sue me!

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Your motives are pure, man. You keep on keeping on.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DogEight wrote: »
    That's kind of the point. On the list of things that medics hate with a passion, a dumb-ass soldier running around yelling for a medic with an equalizer out is pretty high up there. In this case, he was doing it on purpose to grief him for a bit.

Also on the list: Scouts that decide running frantically around the medic is better than standing still, people who adamantly refuse to believe that hurting yourself in spawn doesn't help with the uber, and when someone confuses a kritz for an uber and gets themselves immediately killed.

Those

Fucking

Scouts

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

People calling for help just out of range of your medgun, who then decide to run away from you. Come back, damn it, I'm trying to save your life!

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Heh, medics are so bad they can't even target scouts with their autoaim gun

8-)

tofu on
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always rocket jump around the spawn so I can get in the groove. I also practice shooting specific things in the spawn with the hunstman so I don't get rusty, so if you notice the fire alarm with a dozen arrows in it that was me practicing my aim.

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    tofu wrote: »

8-)

deveric on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

sue me!
    I get the same enjoyment from using the FaN for jumping, and it doesn't annoy medics.

Burnage wrote: »

People calling for help just out of range of your medgun, who then decide to run away from you. Come back, damn it, I'm trying to save your life!
    I hate it when people are almost dead, then run right back into the line of fire as soon as they notice you're healing them. I just let them die and heal someone who isn't a waste of space :P

I also hate it when people aren't patient enough to just hang back and wait their turn (preferably at a dispenser, when available) and instead keep popping around a corner to take more damage. Hey chucklenuts, if you haven't taken any damage recently I can heal you much faster. Especially you, fatty. Shut up or eat a fucking sandvich, you take enough of my attention when we push since you actually need the healing when focus fired...assuming you can actually aim (a rare trait among heavies).
    My theory is that the heavy is so fat that his own personal gravity field is what attracts bullets to him, seeing as how lead isn't magnetic.
    tofu wrote: »

8-)
    Nah, it's just that scouts are generally so useless that they aren't worth more effort to heal than a class that actually gets shit done, like a soldier or demoman.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man what is with medics being so hateful

it's a fun game! laser people to make them feel better!

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Bah. Unless you're in some high stakes tournament, there's really no reason to bitch at someone for (perceived) poor performance. Be a part of the community or don't. There's no "be a fucking prick" in between.

Monsty on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Time to not heal unde ever.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Barrakketh wrote: »

sue me!
    I get the same enjoyment from using the FaN for jumping, and it doesn't annoy medics.
    Yeah, just to be clear: Dicking around in spawn is A-okay. It's just when you run into Stubborn McJackass who is frantically mutilating himself and telling you to heal him to "get dem ooberz". This happens to me much less frequently now that I've found you fine gents.

EDIT: You'd be surprised at the bottled rage within the medics. It's part of the job. There's no other class whose job relies so heavily on the intelligence and consideration of the the rest of the team.

DogEight on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Time to not heal unde ever.

i don't get healed often

it's why i use the gunboats

alt post:

i don't get healed often

but when i do

i drink dos equis

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The repressed rage of medickind also has something to do with the fact that we will never get community weapons

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    The repressed rage of medickind also has something to do with the fact that we will never get community weapons

Who cares? Nobody wants weapons, ALL WE NEED ARE HATS!
    many%20hats%20of%20online%20business%20marketing.jpg

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you medics should be HAPPY

you have some of the best hats in the game!!!

also the other night i was playing heavy and i think i got healed maybe once

it was the only way we were going to counter the enemy's heavy medic combo... you think that soldier you ran off to heal is going to do much? it takes four fucking rockets to kill a heavy that ISN'T overhealed

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still think the medic needs a healing shotgun.

Instead of a beam, it heals everyone in the cone of fire. The pellets could look like little hearts.

xzzy on