As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

what time will you show up for pax 2010

pfdanpfdan Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in PAX Archive
In the past to years i have always been one of the first thousand in on all days of pax however this year i have decided to make a new quest for myself apart from getting the glorious concert bracelets. This year I aim to be the first person to enter pax 2010. My current thought is to show up at sometime between 5 and 6 in the morning. what do you think early enough. So what time will you show up for pax?

pfdan on

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll be rolling in around 3pm with bleary eyes and a tremendous hangover.

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    Drizake123Drizake123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I was planning on 7 in the morning. Is that early enough to get the concert band?

Drizake123 on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm going straight from the Triwizard to standing in line for PAX. Maybe. Depends on if I'm drunk enough to convince myself it's a good idea.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Im in line right now

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Im in line right now

Where? I don't see you...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Im in line right now

Are all your worldly possessions in a shopping cart? Are you wearing twelve coats but no shoes?

(If so I can confirm that I saw you standing outside Benaroya)

faits on
    faits.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Shoes are for the weak

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    macbittmacbitt Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm showing up there at the same time as PAX 2010 but I'm not going to PAX 2010. Just starting the line for PAX 2011.

macbitt on
  • Options
    NopeNope Frankfort, KYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I always try to show up pretty early on Friday (6am or 7am) to make sure i can get in line for the Keynote, Saturday & Sundays around 9am as the doors don't open till like what? 10am.

Nope on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gonna try to get there between 5 and 6 also (If I can convince my brother or parents to take me that early), and if not, sometime between 6 and 9 hopefully.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will be onsite starting The Tuesday before.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    I will be onsite starting The Tuesday before.

You enforcer you.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I hope to be there before noon.

The events that occur that night before may make that just a hope.

It's good to have hope though.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought showing up before 8am, (ie. milling about outside) was expressly forbidden....

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    SmallLady wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought showing up before 8am, (ie. milling about outside) was expressly forbidden....

I believe the Que room didn't open til 8... Doesn't stop you from hanging around outside I guess.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We usually queue up around 9am on Friday mornings-by then we are part of the 'outside' crowd and the line is wrapped around the building a couple of times but I have never missed the Keynote and always ended up with a concert bracelet.

Masquerade78 on
  • Options
    pfdanpfdan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drizake123 wrote: »
    I was planning on 7 in the morning. Is that early enough to get the concert band?
    last year i was one of the first 200 in on multiple days and i got there at about 730ish

pfdan on
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    8am for BYOC.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    7:30 am for an Omeganaut meeting, if it's the same as last year.

Heleor on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got here in 2008. :P

Really, I'm rolling in Thursday with the CCST, going back to work, then coming back around 11pm to see if setup is still going.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    faits wrote: »

This + a giant jug of some sort of energy drink.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    asleepypandaasleepypanda Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Probably around 6am depending on if the doors are open to wait inside before the room opens. The last 2 years my boyfriend an I have been among he first 200 people in I think. I also think It's interesting to watch it go from an empty room to completely packed.

asleepypanda on
    fss.png
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    my plan is to get the benaroya around 530 ish...so hopefully there will be some people to keep me company?

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's fun to hang out with folks before it opens, but aside from that, I don't see how showing up before 8 helps anyone get in before anyone else. I mean, they open the doors at 8, and only then do they actually start a line, and that indoors - a person could show up *at* 8 am, and have just as much chance of being first in line as someone who had been waiting there all night. So really, the first person in line is the person who can make it up to the queue room the fastest. And I'm pretty sure folks wouldn't be happy if people were racing through the convention center.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    practice your speed walking...;p

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • Options
    circeramonecirceramone Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    faits wrote: »

Yeah, this is my plan too. Right after hitting up some local dive to get my greasy food requirement.

circeramone on
    PAX East 2013 [x]3 day pass [ ]Airfare [x]Hotel [ ]Coin
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll be there exactly at 8 or a few minutes before. Don't care about being one of the first at PAX, and don't really want a bracelet, but waiting in that four hour line and gaming it up with your neighbors is an event in itself, and I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Gundabad on
  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The answer to this question is highly dependent on how the triwizard tournament goes the night before.

My goal is to get there before the keynote starts. So, I can actually see it and all.

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    iscribbleiscribble Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's fun to hang out with folks before it opens, but aside from that, I don't see how showing up before 8 helps anyone get in before anyone else. I mean, they open the doors at 8, and only then do they actually start a line, and that indoors - a person could show up *at* 8 am, and have just as much chance of being first in line as someone who had been waiting there all night. So really, the first person in line is the person who can make it up to the queue room the fastest. And I'm pretty sure folks wouldn't be happy if people were racing through the convention center.

If I were to show up at 8 sharp and I walked casually to the queue room... are the odds still good (or even excellent) that I would get a concert wristband? Or is it plausible that over 1000 people will be there already?

iscribble on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Randomfool wrote: »
    The answer to this question is highly dependent on how the triwizard tournament goes the night before.

My goal is to get there before the keynote starts. So, I can actually see it and all.

This pretty much my plan as well. It worked out last year, got back to the hotel around 2. Slept till 6:30 or so and had plenty of time to shower and recover from still being drunk to get to the keynote.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    swissyswissy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We got there bout 9am Friday and Sat (hungover and frimly griping our starbucks coffees) and still got wristbands last year

swissy on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Caffeine doesn't do shit for me. Is there a good smoothie place near Hyatt Olive 8 or the WSCC? My Google maps fail me.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Decius wrote: »
    Caffeine doesn't do shit for me. Is there a good smoothie place near Hyatt Olive 8 or the WSCC? My Google maps fail me.

I think there is an Emerald City Smoothie in Westlake Center...that's nearby. But I am not sure how early they open... www.emeraldcitysmoothie.com

Masquerade78 on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last year I showed up about 9am and got a nice spot in the queue room and a concert bracelet.

ravemonger on
  • Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm telling myself I'll be there at 7 or so, but given the Triwizard...it may not happen. Unless we get a group of us that are willing to do what Strebalicious is. Strength in numbers to ward off the hangovers and fatigue, right?

Or maybe more a case of misery loves company.

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Decius wrote: »

http://www.thejuicycafe.com/ it is located in the convention center, and it is awesome.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    iscribble wrote: »

If I were to show up at 8 sharp and I walked casually to the queue room... are the odds still good (or even excellent) that I would get a concert wristband? Or is it plausible that over 1000 people will be there already?

Last year I walked into the WSCTC at 8:00 am all 3 mornings. Friday I was in the second row of the line (near the turn to the 3rd row). Saturday I was in the second row (but next to the turn to the 1st) and Sunday I was in the front row.

So definitely was always in the first 1,000.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Time is an illusion. Me being awake before the sun is a miracle. That being said, I'll be showing up at the BYOC at 8ish.

If I can decide on which computer to bring.

then if I can decide on what games I should load.

(besides world of goo, champions, fallout (1-3),< <shrug>)

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I plan on 7AM at the latest...

last year the line opened at 8AM or something...

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    as early as i can change so no later then 6 am MOOHAAA! last year opening day i didnt get in line quick enough so this year i wanna be able to get a good spot in line. plus i wanna be near the big gap this year talked some cosplay people to dance with me when we get there to keep sprits high and stuff all hail the pokerap group!

itasha on
This discussion has been closed.