As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista Hangs on Boot? [Solved]

The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Recently I got a message in Vista saying something like, "your machine is infected with a virus, your computer will reboot in 60 seconds", or something similar.

Now, the issue is that the computer "hangs" on the boot screen, the screen that says "Press DEL to enter setup, Press TAB to display BIOS POST message."

I cannot F8 into safe mode, and I tried the Vista recovery disk to no avail. Every time I boot, it hangs. The hard drive just isn't coming on.

I do not have my Vista disk on hand as I just moved and I have no idea what box it may be in. I'm looking, though. I also have access to a separate Vista machine that I suspect I can use to make a boot disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3rddocbottom.jpg
The Crowing One on

• Options
    The Crowing OneThe Crowing One Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jumped the gun.

Mysteriously I got the machine to boot from disk. System Restore and a bunch of scans have taken care of the issue.

The Crowing One on
    3rddocbottom.jpg