As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

indieclick, I want to help you

2»

• Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow! Thanks for fixing this so quickly. I've had this problem before. Alpha, it's really impressive that you just hunker in and fix stuff. A lot of times people are defensive/rude/etc, but you're a class act.

streever on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PA's staff has the best kind of professionals.

Clipping wangs, posting jpegs, and solving problems.

MKR on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    :^:

Chrome 6.0.472.25 dev on Mac OS X 10.6.4

BoomShake on
  • Options
    ogalthineogalthine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    :^: Chrome 5.0.375.125, Windows XP

Wow, works great for me too. Amazing job, alpha.

How are you getting around the AJAX sandbox problem? Normally you're not allowed to make cross-domain requests....

ogalthine on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ogalthine wrote: »
    :^: Chrome 5.0.375.125, Windows XP

Wow, works great for me too. Amazing job, alpha.

How are you getting around the AJAX sandbox problem? Normally you're not allowed to make cross-domain requests....

Cross domain AJAX is done through <script src="..."> tags, which are not restricted by the same domain policy. The technique is called JSONP and works through callbacks.

The spooky part is that jQuery has figured out how to do cross domain for non-json / javascript. This is restricted to GET requests. I believe they use iframes and then just traverse the DOM to find what they want.

Cross domain POSTs are still not allowed, but you can setup your server to proxy requests on the browsers behalf.

Älphämönkëy on