As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starting Out

Koragi85Koragi85 Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Artist's Corner
Greetings All!

Ive been kicking around the idea a lot lately, thanks to these forums, of getting back into drawing. I need some feedback though.

What should I buy at first? Any books, certain pads, pencils, etc?

Im really into the more cartoon like art. More simple than anything, not too many details, and Im not looking to publish anything. Just art for fun, and hopefully get good enough to post some of the work here on the forums.

I also have photoshop, and know its pretty useful for coloring the art. But were there any kind of brushes or pens I should get as well to color on paper?

I appreciate any and all responses. You guys are all great artists and really admire a lot of the work on here. :)

"Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?” -Jace Beleren
Koragi85 on

• Options
    melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There is a Questions and Tutorials thread here. Unless you want to post art in your own thread, it is not recommended (see:appreciated) to start a new one. (:

(You might also want to review the Rules Thread as well!)

melting_doll on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Doll. Perfect. :)

Koragi85 on
    "Why fight the body when you can dominate the mind that rules it?” -Jace Beleren
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    PS. Can a Mod please delete this thread? Thanks.

Koragi85 on
This discussion has been closed.