Options

PAX Badges Fun Time Thread

• Options
    DarkZeroPTDarkZeroPT Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Well, I travelled all the way from Portugal to Amsterdam 2 weeks ago. I was asleep today. At 11 AM, who rings the doorbell? A guy from FedEx.Went back in, with the envelope. When I woke up (went and fell asleep. Rough night, obviously) I opened the envelope.
    10oee7t.jpg

Me and my brother = excite. 8D

DarkZeroPT on
  • Options
    itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    none here in seattle yet but i think today might be the day i hope i got 3 3day passes and 1 of each 1 day passes comming i hope they come soon same for my assassination kits i got 10 of those puppies comming

itasha on
  • Options
    ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Last year I was one of the last people to get mine, to the point where I would have had to email them if it had waited one more day. This year, we bought ours the day they went on sale, so I am hoping it comes soon! Of course, since we bought ours together, it's going to my boyfriend's house, so I can't run outside and check my mail every hour. I kind of want to drive over to his house and camp out by his mailbox while he's at work, but I won't.

It's awesome to see people getting theirs! It's already really exciting the closer we get to PAX, but having the badge in your hand makes it real!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got my buttons and two Netflix movies today, but no pass.

P.S. I like how until more people have actually received their passes, this is pretty much a 'whadja get in the mail today' thread.

lemongrenades on
  • Options
    MemmaxMemmax Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yup, another day with more bills and no passes :(

Who knows, maybe I won't even get them like last year when I had to get them at the will call line even though them were supposed to be mailed to me.

But I hope that doesn't happen this year.

Memmax on
  • Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Today: a netflix movie and a Movie from amazon. Tomorrow I have a good feeling about.

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just junk mail today. I have a feeling I will get my passes late next week since I bought single day passes.

Sgt Superman on
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got zombie dice which I may or may not use as loot for my assassin (as if I could be found!). No badge yet.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    AverageToasterAverageToaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    none in spanaway, wa

:(

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Radar is empty here in Everett

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My grandfather got something from GM. Too bad he's been dead for 20 years. I hope my badges aren't that late...

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got samurai champloo and pizza coupons and bills...no passes yet! Ugh

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    ZilpepZilpep Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nothing in Eugene Oregon.

Zilpep on
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there a way that I can find out where my tickets are being sent? I recently moved and the post office is not sure how long it will take for my change of address form to catch everything; if I do not get my physical ticket due to the move can I get one at will call with my barcode and photo id?

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GalFriday wrote: »
    Is there a way that I can find out where my tickets are being sent? I recently moved and the post office is not sure how long it will take for my change of address form to catch everything; if I do not get my physical ticket due to the move can I get one at will call with my barcode and photo id?

I hope they forward it quick. I believe they have said that you have to have your pass and that the print out just will not do by itself.

adester on
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    adester wrote: »
    GalFriday wrote: »

I hope they forward it quick. I believe they have said that you have to have your pass that the print out just will not do by itself.

Is there a mod or enforcer that could shed some definitive light on this??

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    The ClingerThe Clinger Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was wondering why I hadn't gotten it yet. Covington, WA.

The Clinger on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    De nada here on Maui... hopefully these get here before the 28th, else I am well and truly boned.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Uh guys, in case you forgot, badges are mailed out from the east coast now (where Reed HQ is), so people on the east end of the country should be getting these first.

Ugh, then why don't I have mine yet? Obviously a sign of anti-South discrimination. Not that I can blame them (the passes); I wouldn't come here any faster than I had to, either. :(

That said, it hasn't kept me from stalking the mail man every day. This was Tuesday morning, when I was leaving work to drive Brian to an appointment: http://twitpic.com/2fm2vf. Luckily, the property has had the same mailman for like, 7 years, so he's pretty good natured about being stalked for expected packages of any kind. And even if passes don't come tomorrow, I should be getting Think Geek shirts from UPS!

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I should be getting Think Geek shirts from UPS!

I got my TG shirt+stuff +another local paper and advertisment today. But no Pass yet.

adester on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No passes in DC yet so don't get too jealous of us East Coasters. I did, however, get a replacement hotplate today so I can eat something other than cereal and peanut butter & Nutella sandwiches.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    adester wrote: »
    I should be getting Think Geek shirts from UPS!

I got my TG shirt+stuff +another local paper and advertisment today. But no Pass yet.

Yeah, I'm waiting for 2 grab bag shirts & a business card case (from GeekPoints).

No passes in DC yet so don't get too jealous of us East Coasters. I did, however, get a replacement hotplate today so I can eat something other than cereal and peanut butter & Nutella sandwiches.

Mmm, Nutella.... skip the pb, though; can only eat that stuff with strawberry preserves. Nutella, though, I'll just eat from the jar if given the chance.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, like Moe said. They're being shipped from the east coast so those of us on the west wont get them as soon. Even if you live in Washington lol

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    VariVari Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bills with a side of bills. Lamest of the lame.

Vari on
  • Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I want to know how the guy in Sammamish got his already and what kind of favors did he have to perform on his mail carrier to get them! Our PO sucks, they like to hold on to our packages and forget them in the back room.

Reminder letters for all day adventures at Children's Hospital for my girls in the mail today, oh yippie.

GeekyPrincess on
    Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No badges in the mail yet... However in preparation.. I did finish this years lanyard.

a836dadd.jpg

Had to cut apart last years lanyard to steal a few of the letters. I'm a bit peeved that I didnt have a white Z so I could have white on the end. Whatever.

Put last years saturday badge on it because it looks super omega lonely.

Sarahstrasza on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited August 2010
    I want to know how the guy in Sammamish got his already and what kind of favors did he have to perform on his mail carrier to get them! Our PO sucks, they like to hold on to our packages and forget them in the back room.

Reminder letters for all day adventures at Children's Hospital for my girls in the mail today, oh yippie.

He ordered as a group (which you can do if you have 10+ people). Group passes, as well as some international people who paid for it, are sent via FedEx. Many people receiving their passes through FedEx have already received them. The USPS, however, is much slower and it will take time for the passes to make their way from Connecticut to the rest of the country. Be patient, for your passes are forthcoming.

Also, a note to "you know who you are", next time, don't announce the passes are in the mail until after at least two days of them being in the mail system.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

He ordered as a group (which you can do if you have 10+ people). Group passes, as well as some international people who paid for it, are sent via FedEx. Many people receiving their passes through FedEx have already received them. The USPS, however, is much slower and it will take time for the passes to make their way from Connecticut to the rest of the country. Be patient, for your passes are forthcoming.

Also, a note to "you know who you are", next time, don't announce the passes are in the mail until after at least two days of them being in the mail system.

Then we'd have 2 less days to complain.:winky:

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    savagehart wrote: »

Then we'd have 2 less days to complain.:winky:

I like to complain :mrgreen:

Thanks Moe, it's my first weekend away from kids in waaay too long, I'm a little excited!

GeekyPrincess on
    Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh I wasn't complaining. It nice just to see the updates and actually go check my mail everyday for once.

adester on
  • Options
    KillerMcDeadKillerMcDead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PAX.jpg

Received my badges yesterday, in Winnipeg MB Canada. MUAHAHA!

KillerMcDead on
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Here's my picfun
    IMG_8295.jpg
    IMG_8292.jpg
    IMG_8291.jpg
    IMG_8275.jpg
    IMG_8272.jpg
    IMG_8280.jpg
    IMG_8284.jpg
    IMG_8288.jpg
    AND NO I'M NOT SCALPING THESE THEY'RE FOR MY GROUP!

Sorry Moe, No one told me about that. There should be a notice in the package.
    Sorry again! Feels bad :(

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hmm? The "you know who you are" bit was aimed at a particular person who works on PAX who handles the @Official_PAX Twitter feed. I know he reads the forums, and it was just a nudge to him to not get people's hopes up until the mail has time to process the badges.

Sorry for the confusion.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Here's my picfun
    IMG_8295.jpg

Epic win for master chief. Woot!

Sarahstrasza on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    Here's my picfun
    IMG_8295.jpg
    IMG_8292.jpg
    IMG_8291.jpg
    IMG_8275.jpg
    IMG_8272.jpg
    IMG_8280.jpg
    IMG_8284.jpg
    IMG_8288.jpg
    AND NO I'M NOT SCALPING THESE THEY'RE FOR MY GROUP!

Sorry Moe, No one told me about that. There should be a notice in the package.
    Sorry again! Feels bad :(

Now make me a scale model of the Enterprise with your badges, DO EET NAOW!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    imp22bimp22b Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So yesterday I got my Jinx, Think Geek, and part of my Amazon order. No sign of my pass yet. Really hope it didn't get "Returned to Sender" on Monday. Can we get someone official to comment on what happens if you don't get your badge before PAX? I know someone asked before but I didn't see a response.

imp22b on
  • Options
    SurlyDuffSurlyDuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mine came today! PAX 3 day badge FTW!

Oh, and I live in the western US. So my guess is lots and lots of people will be recieving them today or tomorrow.

SurlyDuff on
  • Options
    Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SurlyDuff wrote: »
    Mine came today! PAX 3 day badge FTW!

Oh, and I live in the western US. So my guess is lots and lots of people will be recieving them today or tomorrow.

Oh RLY?
    e63w5h.jpg

Sgt Superman on
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Let's not have this turn into an image macro thread. Thanks.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's HERE! I wonder what crazy picture I can come up with, more on that later *ponder*. BUT IT'S HERE!!! And no advertisement on the back and no plastic thingy in the whole to punch out, darn that's 1/4 of the fun!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This discussion has been closed.