Options

[Lost Season 6] Is Over Now. SPOILERS ABOUND

• Options
    retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah, i definitely like the lighthouse and would've kept it as well. and i agree about some of the character suggestions. i'm just finishing the end of my series rewatch and i am still so pissed off at how they really fucked sayid for the final season. what a waste.

retrovm on
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There's some right in that article like how Ilana should've been handled differently, but there was some wrong too like handling Jacks character. Not that I feel like getting into it really.

Lucid on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    just starting the article and I'm super excited to read the rest and share with friends.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    glad you guys dig it! i am also pissed off about ilana the more i think about it, they could have done so much more with her character. she had a mostly useless story arc and a completely inane death.

another bit about ilana from a livejournal community i post in:
    http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_lost/619784.html

retrovm on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I read a good chunk of the way through it, and I like her ideas. Good find.

adytum on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not big into fan fiction.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, that was my issue with a lot of it.

Lucid on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There's a sneak peek of the Season 6 Epilogue online, and if you look in the usual places a write-up of the whole epilogue is already available.

Epilogue preview: http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/08/04/lost-epilogue-new-man-in-charge-sneak-peek/

NMIC.JPG

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So is that
    • Sometime after the last Dharma drop in the show
    • After Ben pushes the donkey wheel
    • After Ben becomes assistant to Hurley?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I read the sypnosis of the epilogue. All I can say is I'm pretty dissapointed they didn't make it part of the finale somehow. It has more of what I actually wanted to see than what ended up in the finale.

I guess I just find it flawed that they couldn't find a way to write this stuff all together into one cohesive ending, as opposed to this dvd/bluray incentive nonsense.

Lucid on
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Neither am I, but the outline for this "fan fiction" is significantly better than the source material. So there's that.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »

Neither am I, but the outline for this "fan fiction" is significantly better than the source material. So there's that.
    I suppose the fan fiction has the advantage of knowing how things will end and they don't have to introduce new characters just to stall for time so they can kill them off later, plus none of the characters are going to have to get killed off because the actors drive drunk. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait. What's this about a season 6 epilogue? Is it bonus content for the DVD/BluRay or what?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yes.

I'll post a spoiler of who it involves, so read at your own risk. This is your ony warning, do not click this if you do not want to know anything at all about the epilogue.
    last chance
    It's about Hurley and Ben

Also, that aticle wasn't significantly better than the source material. Some of it was significantly worse, really.

Lucid on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I mean. Lucid, who the fuck do people think it's about? Isn't that sort of an obvious guess? Not really double spoiler material I mean.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I just don't want anyone to get pissy about it, so I thought I'd make sure there's at least one safeguard for them.

Lucid on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I mean. Lucid, who the fuck do people think it's about? Isn't that sort of an obvious guess? Not really double spoiler material I mean.

especially since they were talking about it in every interview after the finale anyway.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Might be worth mentioning that the full 12-minute epilogue is doing the rounds of the internet as we speak, though apparantly being taken down just as quickly. Spoilers below...
    OoooOOOooooh...
    Well it's taking a stab at explaining a few things in quick succession :

The origin of the food drops;
    The polar bears (though I felt that was hinted at thoroughly enough throughout the series to be obvious but, hey, that's me);
    Yay Hurleybird;
    The pregnancy complications on-island;
    Walt's fate...

I especially love Ben and Hurley's new, serene attitude to all things Island-related. The guys seem totally on top of things and at peace with stuff. Awesome. Need more of those Ben/Hugo comics.

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    mantis23mantis23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah the whole 12 minute clip is out there. I 'll admit I watched it. I have the full series blu ray set preordered so I can kinda justify it to myself.

I enjoyed it, didnt explain everything but it tied up a few loose ends. I was one of the few that really enjoyed the actual ending, but I think if they had made this the "official" ending many more people would have been happy.

mantis23 on
    0y6kx4rwubui.jpg
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I liked the write-up thing, most of it anyway. Gave me a lot to think about.

The thing I liked most, though, was the version of Richard's episode. I did not like that episode at all, and I liked that version much better.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow the epilogue was f*in fantastic. It was rapid fire answers... but felt pretty natural. Not totally, but almost.

I think the best part was...
    Michael. It's good to know he might not be forever fucked, and it's good to know that maybe his son could learn about his father's heroic final act.

Sigh, I still wish the plane would have crashed in the final episode, and everyone pretty much died.

Side note, glad to see my (not literally MINE) Eko theory has caught on over at the Lost wiki. The whole idea that he had moved on with his brother in the episode he died in... ya know... when they were walking into the sunlight as kids. Totally makes sense.

God I wish his actor wasn't such a dick, what a great character.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »

So much this. He was the only taily who was independantly interesting.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can someone explain to me why Sayid wasn't stuck on the island as a whisperer despite all of his brutal murders, but Michael who had just as heroic and selfless of a death and whose murders were far more understandable and less cold blooded then Sayids was damned to stay there?

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    WALT!!!

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That video.. was a bit of a letdown.

adytum on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What?

Michael's murders were far more understandable?

Sayid's generally killing dickwads

Michael's killing Libby

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sayid's kills were generally to help the group or a specific cause. Michael, on the other hand, is a selfish bastard and his kills were motivated by a need to validate himself as a man and as a father.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is the cover of the new album by Weezer, titled Hurley

280869-hurley452_middle.jpg

No, I'm not kidding.

Yes, I will probably buy this even though I haven't been a fan of Weezer since the green album

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm really hoping they release a vinyl, I was just discussing this earlier with a friend, I'll definitely put it in an album frame if they do.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    smeejsmeej Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Haha, how is he a dick? Didn't he quit the show to be with his sick mother or something?

smeej on
    IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Sayid's kills were generally to help the group or a specific cause. Michael, on the other hand, is a selfish bastard and his kills were motivated by a need to validate himself as a man and as a father.
    Nah, Michael killed because the others essentially broke him, causing him to snap. It doesn't absolve him of responsibility but it's not like he was just some asshole. You could see him struggling before he actually went through with his murders. Sayid just coldly assassinated people.

I'm guessing Walt and him have their own little moving on in the alt verse.

Lucid on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucid wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Nah, Michael killed because the others essentially broke him, causing him to snap. It doesn't absolve him of responsibility but it's not like he was just some asshole. You could see him struggling before he actually went through with his murders. Sayid just coldly assassinated people.

I'm guessing Walt and him have their own little moving on in the alt verse.

Or on the island.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    smeej wrote: »

Haha, how is he a dick? Didn't he quit the show to be with his sick mother or something?

He wasn't a total dick, but he implied that it was "to be expected" that the two lone black actors are both killed and written out of the script. He came off as pretty upstanding in interviews but after the fourth season finale you can tell he was more than a little bitter.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »

He wasn't a total dick, but he implied that it was "to be expected" that the two lone black actors are both killed and written out of the script. He came off as pretty upstanding in interviews but after the fourth season finale you can tell he was more than a little bitter.

I think you are talking about to different actors. The one to play Micheal was the one who was upset about the black actors being written out, and the actor who played Eko was the one who left because of his family.

Shaggy on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shaggy wrote: »
    Rikushix wrote: »

I think you are talking about to different actors. The one to play Micheal was the one who was upset about the black actors being written out, and the actor who played Eko was the one who left because of his family.

Sorry, I totally misread another post about Michael and jumped to conclusions.

You're right. I don't know about the actor who plays Eko being a dick. He reportedly left to be with his family.

It's Harold Perrineau that was allegedly written off because no one liked him on the show. I've heard that anyway.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    so, who got the complete collection DVD set? i pre-ordered mine on amazon and it should be here by thursday. i can't wait!

retrovm on
  • Options
    Buster BladeBuster Blade Katy, TxRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I so got mine earlier today on blu ray from amazon. Man i like the little game it came with though i was expecting more from the map i guess. Maybe i should look at it closer

Buster Blade on
    Steam: Buster Blade
    Xbox: CDN_Buster
    3DS: 4957-3435-6477
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i can't wait for mine. i called amazon this morning since i didn't get a ship notification and i pre-ordered, complained, and got free overnight shipping. ugh.

retrovm on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    *smashes face repeatedly into wall*

CHRIST!!!!! I can't believe how stupid people still are. This guy made a blog entry asking people to explain Lost to him as he had never seen it and at least half of the replies were people saying, "OMG the ending was so lame, it turns out that they were dead the WHOLE TIME!"

VomitingAtStupid.jpg

People still believe this?!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/