As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tactical Pants in IT - User Reviews

helix141helix141 Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern
The wife is asking me what I want for my birthday, and speak of the devil, I just read this on wired, yes, Tactical Pants!

Found another site

http://tacticalpants.com/tactical-pants-guide

I'm in IT and those things look damn handy, but there's a lot of options. Just wondering if there's any folks out there that have first-hand experience and can tell what the real winners and losers of the bunch are.

Thanks!

helix141 on

• Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, if you put the word "tactical" on the label, you can sell a pair of cargo khakis (manufacturing price > $5) for upwards of $80.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got a new pair of 5.11s on eBay for $20 shipped. Just get a pair of those and be happy, cos the retail prices are ridiculous.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Those look like the cargo pants I bought from Eddie Bauer for $35 CAD. When I'm on set and need a jillion pockets they are a godsend, they're super durable, and they are very, very comfortable. Seriously. Mind you, the elastic waist might be nice in some situations if, like the article states, you have a rubenesque physique. I'm kind of slim if that factors into how much salt you take my opinion with.

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like the pair of pants from ScotteVest I got as a birthday present, especially how the inner pockets are large but unobtrusive because of the magnetic closures, but I'd never pay the $70 that they normally cost.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daedalus wrote: »
    Wow, if you put the word "tactical" on the label, you can sell a pair of cargo khakis (manufacturing price > $5) for upwards of $80.

They're a hit at the Tea Party conventions.

GungHo on