As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Prime 2010 Shout-Outs Thread

ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
Hey guys! Have shout-outs? Yknow you do! I know I do!

To the girl who I got my pic taken with who was dressed as Tifa Lockheart, I wanna say that you are epic! Best Tifa cosplay Ive seen in a long time!

Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
You can find me on:
Twitter.com: @Shaddz
Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
Shaddz on

• Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dude, there's already a missed connections thread.

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    But Im aiming for this one to contain at least 80 percent less creepy.

Shaddz on
    You can find me on:

• Options
    PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout-outs to...

Avid
    ACC3SS
    B for business
    Kropotkin
    Ironhide
    ooopy
    Kikikat

PimpMethod on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shout out to Cameron and his wife, who I waited in line with at the Make-a-strip panel, and then we hopped over to Acquisitions Incorporated.
    I don't know if you read the forums, but if you do, hit me up so we can network.
    socially.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    LaKangaRueLaKangaRue Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Where's the other shout out thread?! I missed it...

LaKangaRue on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to Mikey Neumann of Gearbox for being a total kickass guy and letting me move to the reserved front row VIP section of the Gearbox panel when there was practically no space for me except like 10 rows back which would have sucked.

parabola on
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    LaKangaRue wrote: »
    Where's the other shout out thread?! I missed it...

There isn't one. And there won't be.

Read the last post here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=127472&page=2

I don't recommend anyone using this thread because it'll just get locked anyways.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to:
    My Aussie Tom! Wish we could've hung out more!

RToombs and his Ghillie suite even though the "I didn't see you there" joke got really old.

The one girl I danced with at the pub crawl, Tasha!

The Enforcer with the camo pants that we shot the breeze with.

The Rat city Roller girls.

Anna the sailor girl, rock band was fun!

Derryl!

Eric, Mel, and the rest of the canadians in ravenclaw.(and Eric, Sumi, and Paul too!)

Ace, Lindsy? for letting me attach to their group in the Rage line(more canadians!)

James at the WotC Magic area for the sample decks and the all the rares he randomly pulled for the single match prizes for me!

And the guy at the HotHead booth who gave me the Thong of Generosity. You sir are a gentlemen .

Shade on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the shoutout dude but you should read the previous post :)

Sumi on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sumi wrote: »
    Thanks for the shoutout dude but you should read the previous post :)

Yes, but this isn't a missed connections.

I have already connected with these people and are thanking them for good time. I am not asking for personal details or names. Merely letting people know they are appreciated.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You have made a point. It's up to the mods anyways.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, this thread is 100 percent free of creepy hotel room pictures.

Shoutout to Joost, Momgamer, ItsATrap, Arnonaut, Tajah, BigRed, Tek, The_DIMD, ACC3SS, Ty1012, and Sumi!

Also a shoutout to my buddy Tony Highwind, who I rocked a considerable amount of face with at the Protomen concert. The alcohol helped, too.

Shoutout to the Cookie Brigade, Hypatia and VT in particular, for allowing me and my friends the opportunity to help out this year. Also, shoutout to Covet! Thanks for providing transportation for both the cookies and my own fat ass! Also, shoutout to Covet's BF and their friend, whose names both escape me at the moment. Cool dudes!

EDIT: Oh snap! I forgot to send a shoutout to Djiem! His Castle Crashers buttons made me rofl with I saw them!

Shaddz on
    You can find me on:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh, also forgot to give a shoutout to Coldbrew from the PAX Community DVD crew... I foolishly came to PAX forgetting my SD card for my digicam, and Coldbrew helped me out. Without him and his 2GB card, I wouldnt have been able to do SHIT for my site or my Facebook, lol.

Thanks Brew!

Shaddz on
    You can find me on:

• Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shade wrote: »
    Shout out to:
    Derryl!

If you're talking about me then thanks, and a shout out back to you man.
    - Toombs
    - The two cannucks rooming with me
    - Serenity for being pretty cool guy
    - Polence for the room space
    - Chris? The guy that took the Hufflepuff donations
    - Juju
    - Millislim Didn't talk much but I thought you were cool
    and many more.. you know who you all are.
    :)

adester on
  • Options
    MeetTheHeavyMeetTheHeavy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shoutout to the guy who had the exactly same shirt as me at the saturday night concert.

MeetTheHeavy on
    16404.gif
  • Options
    ChibipandoraChibipandora Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to those who stood up and did what they could in the tiny space at the Saturday night concert! Way to be awesome!

Chibipandora on
  • Options
    shrapnelshrapnel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shout out to Cameron and his wife, who I waited in line with at the Make-a-strip panel, and then we hopped over to Acquisitions Incorporated.
    I don't know if you read the forums, but if you do, hit me up so we can network.
    socially.

This sounds like ProlixWag on the forums here. I know he was there with his wife, and I think he'd won a VIP pass to Acquisitions Incorporated. Try a PM.

shrapnel on
  • Options
    StrifeROKsStrifeROKs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shout out to any any of the girls working the booths that actually knew about the game and looked like they were having fun. Suck on that "booth babes!"

Also anyone that went to PAX, everyone there is so frickin nice it's scary.

StrifeROKs on
    SotC_Banner_by_StrifeROKs.gif
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    (Here's hoping this thread does not devolve into creepiness.)

- Shoutout to the PAX Pokemon Leaguers - you made this weekend exhausting but awesome.
    - Shoutout to everyone that cheered for me in the Omegathon!
    - Shoutout to all the IRC folks I met. And even the one I haven't met ten times - tek.
    - Shoutout to the 2500 people who came especially to watch me Saturday night. (Hey, I can dream, can't I? :P)
    - Shoutout to the RAVENCLAWS! Ca-Caw!
    - Shoutout to the buttoneers, you made me so much more social, even if the interactions devolved to "BUTTONS?" with a hopeful look on my face.
    - Shoutout to the awesome cosplayers I hung out with.
    - Shoutout to everyone that recognized who I was cosplayi... oh wait. :P

Heleor on
  • Options
    GamingGoddessGamingGoddess Profesh Nerd Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout to Heleor for being the first person to recognize me! Also a shout out to whoever bout my pre-pax dinner ticket, that was awesome!

GamingGoddess on
    Time off[x] Fri-Mon Badges[x] Hotel[x] Plane tickets[x] Pre-Pax plans[TBA] Cosplay[in progress]
    "Pictochat? No. Dicktochat!"
  • Options
    CybitCybit Merch Underling RedmondRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    To the high school age folks playing RB2 on the stage late Saturday night (think one of the females was rocking a really awesome TF2 Scout outfit): thank you for letting me realize that we, gamers, have arrived. :-)

10 years ago, the thought of a group of ostensibly normal high schoolers (especially females, due to the much higher social pressures involved) singing Lady Gaga at 12:30 AM at the top of their lungs at PAX (or the equivalent, since there was none) would have been laughable. Now? Now it's normal.

We. have. arrived.

Cybit on
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A non-creepy shoutout to Cronus, Optimal, Blaine, Season, Nomad, Matt & Ray from the Saturday night concert line (Divorced men powers, activate!), and all the people who played Rock Band with me Sunday night at the Taphouse and indulged me in Pearl Jam and Boston (and Arco for setting it up.) You guys made Pax even better!

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    delphinus wrote: »
    Dude, there's already a missed connections thread.

There had better not be, I already put the kebosh on two of them and officially stated that there will be NO missed connections thread due to creepy this year.

Let that also be a note that if this thread turns creepy it will be locked.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Evidently someone complimented the "Tall red haired enforcer in a cape" during one of the Q&A's in the main theater (or during the make a strip) on me being helpful and nice.

I have no idea who you are

But thanks :)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm terrible with names but I'll see what I can do.

-A big shout out to everyone I stood next to during the Friday night concerts for putting up with my pseudo-epileptic dancing.
    -The guy who gave me his Silent Uproar shirt because I "deserved it"
    -Chris Hecker for bringing SpyParty.
    -The three people who pulled me aside to play Settlers on the Surface and went to cheer for Heleor with me for the entirety of the Omegathon.
    -The Omeganaut I was talking to during the Saturday night concert for easing my mind a bit about my English major
    -Brit for being the only person I actually got to have a pokemon battle with
    - And finally to the group I played Gamma World with for putting up with my noobish, exhausted being.

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    mintyduckmintyduck Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    To the guy who picked up our huge group's tab during post-PAX board games at the Sheraton lounge, thanks again. That was really generous and cool of you.

To everyone else in that group, I had a great time playing with all of you guys. It was a blast getting to try Dixit with a full group. And extra thanks to the east-coaster who stayed up late to let us try Zombie Dice and Back to the Future!

mintyduck on
  • Options
    Lucky MarketLucky Market Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to A-Rival for having a kickass show. And to teh girl cosplaying as a feline character(cute as hell), btw who saw her and knows what that was from? (giant paws). sry, iFPS

Lucky Market on
  • Options
    Aidan_Aidan_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I met two young men from Edmonton the first day of PAX in the med badge/VIP waiting area of Benaroya Hall. They were very cool, and played a lot of tabletop stuff with my brother and sister in law, and if they read the forums I hope they see this. You guys were cool.

Jazzy, the Cookie Brigade girl who I saw like half a dozen times over the weekend. You kept me from collapsing where I stood more than once.

The gentlemen from Air Force IT who sat in front of me at the keynote and in line that morning. Class acts all around.

Those guys who held my spot in line at the book signing while I got a sammich (and one soda) and introduced me to zombie dice. Up the Republic!

Aidan_ on
    Do what now?

"I aim to misbehave."
    - Capt. Mal Reynolds
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shouty outy goodness heading specifically to the range of awesome folks over near the Munchkin booths who were just volunteering their time to run games. Nice work!

Also, big shouts to the UK guy who asked the guys to start a PAX UK during the saturday panel. I was the brit screaming at the top of his lungs from the balcony to support you :D Come join our London PAX group!!

Finally, a polite and moderated shout to the convention center staff. I overheard one of them, an older woman, saying "I've never seen a group of younger people this big that wasn't a problem. It's such a nice surprise." Glad we made a good impression :)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Every single person who had some sort of funny amusing quip when I gave them free candy.

Including: (among others)

"You forgot the black van with the taped up windows!"
    "Free Candy?! From a Stranger?! AWESOME!!"
    "My mom would so yell at me. *nom nom nom on the bag*"

And to the TF 2 cosplayers who raced to get the last bag of candy. Props to the soldier for securing it!

ransim on
  • Options
    VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Folks,

For those of you I got to meet up in the PC/BYOC area, I wave and salute you! Thanks for making PAX, PAX.

For those of you who I didn't meet, and only know through Twitter, hello as well. Gonna try my hardest to be more prevalent on the forums.

PAX East 2011, here we come!

Vapok on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to everyone working behind Rift and End of Nations for Rick-rolling the floor, ridiculous bodysuits and hair + "never gonna give you up" = Pax is never gonna let me down.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    adester wrote: »
    Shade wrote: »
    Shout out to:
    Derryl!

If you're talking about me then thanks, and a shout out back to you man.
    - Toombs
    - The two cannucks rooming with me
    - Serenity for being pretty cool guy
    - Polence for the room space
    - Chris? The guy that took the Hufflepuff donations
    - Juju
    - Millislim Didn't talk much but I thought you were cool
    and many more.. you know who you all are.
    :)

Thanks for the shot out!!!!
    And thanks to those who came up and said hi...I don't know how you recognized me from last year (since my cosplays tend to cover me from head to toe) but it made me feel special to be remembered!

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    btw who saw her and knows what that was from? (giant paws). sry, iFPS

Taokaka from BlazBlue I think.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    KDubs85KDubs85 Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to EdgeofBlade, who seems to have turned off his PM-ing, but wanted to try to trade swag. Contact me if you can!

KDubs85 on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bumping cause these threads are awesome.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    automaticjimautomaticjim Tampa, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shoutout to the RAVENCLAWS!!!

CA-CAW!!!

automaticjim on

See you at PAX Prime!
    Twitter - Automaticjim
    Steam - Outbreak

If you’re winning, play safe and keep the game clean and simple. If you are losing, take risks and complicate the game.
  • Options
    xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shout out to the exhibitor making annoying noises behind me on day three by the PAX 10 Super Meat Boy, i really wanted you to follow me outside so i could punch your lights out. You're lucky that i am the better man because i seriously would've knocked you out.

xibalba on
  • Options
    chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shout out to the dude with a beard who was flirting with me in my Nidalee costume in the hidden level room. I'm married and not interested, but for a con full of nerds I truly applaud your bravery and hope you use it in every day life to find happiness. I know it takes a lot of courage to do what you did, keep it up to find huge success.

Also a shout out to all the wonderful employees at the Riot (Alienware) booth who treated us cosplayers with dignity, respect, and had hella fun. Looking forward to next year - and raising my ELO in the meantime.

Finally to Wil Wheaton for being so darn chill and awesome. You really add something special to nerd-stravaganzas like PAX for being a genuine awesome human being even while being ravaged by fans and what not.

chrisstie on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    chrisstie wrote: »
    Shout out to the dude with a beard who was flirting with me in my Nidalee costume in the hidden level room. I'm married and not interested, but for a con full of nerds I truly applaud your bravery and hope you use it in every day life to find happiness. I know it takes a lot of courage to do what you did, keep it up to find huge success.

There's a non-zero chance that it was me. If so...hello! If not...hello!

MelesMeles on
This discussion has been closed.