As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Talk Strategy To Me

2»

• Options
    mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    C&C first decade is good for it's price depending on how many C&C games you have already(also gives you an excuse to play renegade). Also google battle of wesnoth which is an open source turn based strategy game.

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You know, I may be one of the ten people in the world who actually enjoyed Impossible Creatures to any reasonable extent. Any of you other nine still hanging around?
    Funny you should mention IC - I'm in the process of installing it on my laptop right now. Woke up feeling the urge to wreck shit with an army of orca-muskox-lobster monsters.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    XinramXinram Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You know, I may be one of the ten people in the world who actually enjoyed Impossible Creatures to any reasonable extent. Any of you other nine still hanging around?

I didn't even finish the single player campaign.

Awesome, awesome game though. And I hate RTS.

Xinram on
  • Options
    Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    For a much older RTS that's a bit different, check out Netstorm if you can find it.

I just googled it, there seems to be a community that's still alive and kicking for it. The game is apparently classified as abandonware now, but I won't go there.

Bouncing_Soul on
    Umlauf.gif
    Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    C&C first decade is good for it's price depending on how many C&C games you have already(also gives you an excuse to play renegade). Also google battle of wesnoth which is an open source turn based strategy game.
    Battle for Wesnoth is incredible. Amazing not only for being an excellent Turn Based Strategy game, but also for being one of the few open-source efforts to actually progress. It's gotten leagues better since I started playing a few years ago, definitely worth a look.

In fact, don't bother with google. Here.

Incidentally, any sprite artists that want to hone their skills would probably be accepted with open arms over there.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just downloaded the Company of Heroes demo again. I always did the tutorials, but now I actually did a few Skirmish rounds, and did the first Omaha Beach run.

<3

My next paycheck will be dedicated to CoH and CoH alone.

Kami on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Not out yet, but World in Conflict. My god, world in conflict.
    wic_0612_us_artyrain2.jpg

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    I just downloaded the Company of Heroes demo again. I always did the tutorials, but now I actually did a few Skirmish rounds, and did the first Omaha Beach run.

<3

That's a small paycheck.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    Kami wrote: »

<3

That's a small paycheck.

Gamestop's not known for paying their employees, silly!

:cry:

Kami on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The CoH demo also has Carenten Counterattack, which basically sold the game to me. Setting up barbed wire and mines, garrisoning Machine Gunners, getting your snipers in position, then pushing back an Axis offensive while they shell your position with artillery. So damn awesome.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.