As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] daniels

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    part of my dream involved buying a new router and having a strong internet connection

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    agh.

My nail polish chipping away during the day bugs me like lots.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    I don't understand US government/politicians.

Seems to me that it's all about who can be the biggest douche and therefore satisfy the most conservative elements of the country.

the whole world is pushing politically towards the right / intolerance at the moment it seems

I hope it doesn't take a disaster to stop the way the state of mind is heading.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »

Seems to me that it's all about who can be the biggest douche and therefore satisfy the most conservative elements of the country.

the whole world is pushing politically towards the right / intolerance at the moment it seems

What we need is a good old fashioned Martian invasion.

Or maybe some zombies.

Hm, maybe this is why zombies are so popular.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sometimes I want to build a cabin in the middle of the wood and just guard it with some dogs and a shotgun.

But I don't like dogs : (

Could we get mountain lions instead?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Are there really giant robots in Civilization 5?

Frosteey on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

Or maybe some zombies.

zombies are the teabaggers of the horror movie world

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

Yes : (

they ate my daughter : (

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So apparently a county audit shows Sheriff Joe misused $50 million from the jail fund. So I'm opening up the betting pool on how Sheriff Joe will retaliate. Current front runner is to arrest everyone.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think Civ is one of those games that I get more enjoyment out of hearing other people talk about it, than I would playing it myself.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

Or maybe some zombies.

there are zombie rights groups right

because this is necessary to a safe world

kaleedity on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Is gigabit fiber a reality on desktop PCs yet? I see a lot of 100mbps fiber boards, but am disappointing in the lack of MORE SPEED.

No, but gig Ethernet is pretty common now days.

Got it all over my house. But I'm wondering why Gig fiber hasn't matured at that level.

The cabling is expensive and a little more difficult to work with. Like, you can fold a CAT5 cable at a nearly 180-degree angle and it will still work. You do that with fiber and you can ruin your cable.

There isn't really a reason to bring it to the desktop, generally speaking. I see it in use in backbones for things like video streaming and VOIP. For instance, I have a client who is a hotel that uses gigabit fiber to push HD video on demand over IP to the guest rooms. Even then, they don't have fiber going to each room, they just have a fiber backbone with copper going to each room.

I mean, the big difference between fiber and copper isn't the raw speed, it's the reliability and sensitivity to interference. So you kind of have to be pushing a lot of data, and data that's very sensitive to dropped packets or out-of-sequence packets (like VOIP), before you see a real-world difference between fiber and copper.

Since most desktop applications, even high-bandwidth ones like streaming video or Internet phone or gaming, are already optimized for people on flaky low-end broadband, there's no reason for fiber. Technically there usually isn't much reason for gigabit copper either on the desktop, but the cost increase is negligible over 100 megabit copper.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So apparently a county audit shows Sheriff Joe misused $50 million from the jail fund. So I'm opening up the betting pool on how Sheriff Joe will retaliate. Current front runner is to arrest everyone.

Blame it on illegals, say this is a liberal witch hunt, and get on fox news.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I think Civ is one of those games that I get more enjoyment out of hearing other people talk about it, than I would playing it myself.

that's okay

nobody's perfect

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah like minecraft "Oh man that sounds fun, glad you enjoy yourself."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Everyone? He doesn't have that kind of autho

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

Dingos ate your baby?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    The cabling is expensive and a little more difficult to work with. Like, you can fold a CAT5 cable at a nearly 180-degree angle and it will still work. You do that with fiber and you can ruin your cable.
    feral wrote:
    CAT5 cable at a nearly 180-degree angle
    feral wrote:
    180-degree angle

straight-angles.gif

I would hope you can fold a CAT-5 cable to 180-degree angle.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

Dingos ate your baby?

Incredibly insensitive to women who have lost their babies to sentient canines feral.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    feral wrote:
    feral wrote:
    180-degree angle

straight-angles.gif

If you were to fold a wire, the origin would be at the point at which you fold it and zero degrees would be a straight wire. 180 degrees from the zero position would be folded all the way back on itself.

So there.

Winky on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    feral wrote:
    feral wrote:
    180-degree angle

straight-angles.gif

Guess how many degrees about a point you have to rotate something to reverse the direction it points.

EDIT: Damn it, Winky

japan on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Winky understood.

Feral on

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    That's a 0 degree angle, Winky. Not 180.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dwarf Fortress always sounds so entertaining and full of character. Then I try it and I am like, when does the fun start.

And yes the last military unit you get is called Giant Death Robot. And it is a giant robot with lasers and rockets. But cost almost as much as a nuclear missile to build.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Someone should send this to the guy who writes xkcd, I'm sure he'll make a graph comic about it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    And yes the last military unit you get is called Giant Death Robot. And it is a giant robot with lasers and rockets. But cost almost as much as a nuclear missile to build.

:!::!::!::!::!:

Oh man this is what Civ has always needed!

Feral on

• Options
    taoist drunktaoist drunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Someone should send this to the guy who writes xkcd, I'm sure he'll make a graph comic about it.

and whichever one of you is responsible for xkcdexplained can just screencap [chat] instead of writing the post that day. win/win.

taoist drunk on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Somebody made a dwarf fortress to minecraft converter

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    feral wrote:
    feral wrote:
    180-degree angle

straight-angles.gif

Oh you just got geowned son.

Get your god damn geometry right or get out!

(honestly I just read it as 90 degrees without even thinking)

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dwarf Fortress always sounds so entertaining and full of character. Then I try it and I am like, when does the fun start.

Well considering that any decent giant robot would be able to shoot or grab a nuclear missile out of the air, this seems like a bargain : D

Frosteey on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    fiber gets plenty of use for high end video editing servers and whatnot

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can't believe I had to insert a driver disk to get my 360 connected to the Internet. What is this, 1995?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

A 0 degree angle is the identity transform for a vector. A 180 degree angle is the negative identity. Completely different.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Call to Power had them. It was Call to Power's only redeeming feature.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    there's a guy in g+t that is in bronze after 700 games of sc2

everyone cheers him on

it makes me feel bad to find that funny but I totally do

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    NERDS!!!!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Call to Power had them. It was Call to Power's only redeeming feature.

CTP2 was pretty cool. You could build cities in the sky.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Depends on your frame of reference. If you are bending the wire from a straight line then you are bending it in a 180-degree angle from its reference angle of zero. If you are measuring an already bent wire, you a measuring a zero degree angle.

Winky on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    fiber gets plenty of use for high end video editing servers and whatnot

and cleaning out colons.

Dunadan019 on
This discussion has been closed.