As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Under ([Chat]) Pressure

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The problem is they have been moving in this direction slowly for a while. But really walk time. Later folks.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    in pathfinder it takes a turn to fumble around your gear to find the potion

then another turn to extract it

then another to uncork it

a turn to put it to your lips

and 10 turns to drink the whole thing

it has slowly been driving me, the healer, insane

THE FUCKING FIGHTERS HAVE LIKE FIVE HEALING POTIONS

addendum: arch is a cleric in a group with 3 fighter-likes and a wizard with a greataxe

and every fucking battle the wizard melees people

Arch on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I dislike micro transactions in formerly free games, especially ones that alter the way the game is played.

I don't really see the point. Like... TF2 was a really good team based FPS.

It seems to be expanding into a bunch of different territories and is deviating from what it was originally. I played it last night, but kept hearing stuff like "Dude, don't take that crate let me have it" or something similar over and over again.

If I'm capturing a flag, I'd appreciate it if no one bailed on me to get phat loot.

Yep. I liked TF2 because there was a chess-like element to it. All options were available to all players at all times.

The more RPG elements they add to it, the less I like it. A lot of games now have RPG elements; I don't mind that, but I want a break from that, and TF2 was my break from that.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Four hours of Intbroduction to Brahdern Brocial and Brolitical Brahught inc :(

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Wait, Sarks, I'm confused. I thought up until like, I don't know, yesterday, you were a guy who thought college was super easy and a joke, and now you do bad on one test and think you have a learning disability?

I am confused.

I may be taking my professor's suggestion too seriously but for awhile now I've thought I had some kind of disadvantage that until now I was managing without outside help.

I've been having trouble the entire semester learning the material. I spent like three hours one day learning how to name chemical compounds and I still got serious points off in that part of the test. I'm good in other subjects but the sciences are kicking my ass. This is my first semester taking science courses.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    thank god my fiancee can heal herself

she is some sort of invincible paladin god thing in a huge set of armor

fairly certain she also killed the boss in our last encounter with a critical hit as well

Arch on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

addendum: arch is a cleric in a group with 3 fighter-likes and a wizard with a greataxe

You should axe him what he's thinking. It doesn't sound like he has a great handle on his class.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I started learning how to fence with a case of rapiers yesterday.
    Man losing to a box would be hella embarrassing.

Bama on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    I dislike micro transactions in formerly free games, especially ones that alter the way the game is played.

It seems to be expanding into a bunch of different territories and is deviating from what it was originally. I played it last night, but kept hearing stuff like "Dude, don't take that crate let me have it" or something similar over and over again.

If I'm capturing a flag, I'd appreciate it if no one bailed on me to get phat loot.

Yep. I liked TF2 because there was a chess-like element to it. All options were available to all players at all times.

The more RPG elements they add to it, the less I like it. A lot of games now have RPG elements; I don't mind that, but I want a break from that, and TF2 was my break from that.
    there is no loot to loot in TF2, sheep is being stupid

tyrannus on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I never wanted to be a wizard anyway...

I wanted to be...

A LUMBERJACK!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    I started learning how to fence with a case of rapiers yesterday.
    Man losing to a box would be hella embarrassing.

Silly Bama, women don't fence.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I love Dino Rossi's senate ads. In one he whines about Murray attacking him with false information, then goes on to make unsubstantiated attacks of his own before complaining Murray voted for Bush's stimulus.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Wait, Sarks, I'm confused. I thought up until like, I don't know, yesterday, you were a guy who thought college was super easy and a joke, and now you do bad on one test and think you have a learning disability?

I am confused.

I may be taking my professor's suggestion too seriously but for awhile now I've thought I had some kind of disadvantage that until now I was managing without outside help.

I've been having trouble the entire semester learning the material. I spent like three hours one day learning how to name chemical compounds and I still got serious points off in that part of the test. I'm good in other subjects but the sciences are kicking my ass. This is my first semester taking science courses.

Hm, its possible that you could just need to change up how you are studying for things or its possible that it could be something else. You should at least check out the learning disability possibility and all that.

I was just surprised to see such a complete 180 from you in regards to the difficulty of college classes. Best of luck in getting this sorted out man.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I played my first game of Lol yesterday. I am pretty terrible at it.

I think I need to strike a better balance between grinding and helping my minions take out turrets/champs

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

I am confused.

Learning stuff like that requires something more like an hour a day for a week, rather than three hours at once... if that helps... and is something you hadn't realized.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I think I need to strike a better balance between grinding and helping my minions take out turrets/champs

I'm slightly confused because taking out the mininions, champs, and turrets slowing your minions basically is grinding.

Make sure to be getting the last hit in on enemy minions as its the only way that they grant you money.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I am confused.

Learning disabilities come in many forms and can range from the very minor to severe. It's worth having a talk with them about it. It may be something as minor as showing you a different way to approach the material or arranging a tutor.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Gragas definitely needs a bro skin with a modern keg.

Fuck that, we need Lady Gragas.

Lady

Giygas.jpg

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

If a crate drops and has stuff in it, that is loot.

Sheep on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

fairly certain she also killed the boss in our last encounter with a critical hit as well

this is becoming something of a tradition

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The crate is one of the possible random item drops that you get as you play the game. It goes directly into your inventory without you having to do anything. It is nothing that shows up on the game map in a tangible way and should prove no distraction to actual gameplay.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't necessarily mind the addition of weapons, I just don't understand the usermade micro transaction weapons and wonder what the qualifications are to get them in game.

I mean, everytime Valve themselves release a new weapon there are often issues with it and they need to be tweaked.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

yes, there is booty in TF2 but you don't need to swagger your fat ARRRRse off the poop deck to pillage the crate.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The crate is one of the possible random item drops that you get as you play the game. It goes directly into your inventory without you having to do anything. It is nothing that shows up on the game map in a tangible way and should prove no distraction to actual gameplay.

Then I have no idea what the heck they were talking about in the game last night.

Is there a way to trade items in game or something? Maybe that's what they were doing.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't necessarily mind the addition of weapons, I just don't understand the usermade micro transaction weapons and wonder what the qualifications are to get them in game.

I mean, everytime Valve themselves release a new weapon there are often issues with it and they need to be tweaked.

Eh, well, if an item is too good that just means more people will buy it. /cynic

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Then I have no idea what the heck they were talking about in the game last night.

Is there a way to trade items in game or something? Maybe that's what they were doing.

There's some way to trade items, and yeah, maybe they were being doofs and deciding to organize trades instead of actually fighting.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

yes, trading is in now

also inq the way I described it was better

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh, hey, France has the right idea.

Bank execs make stupid mistakes that jeopardize the whole country? Jail time!

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

this is becoming something of a tradition

now that I think about it, you are right

Arch on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    man I am a terrible poster today

too tired for real content

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wash my hands of the Flotilla thread. Better that than getting infracted for wanting to kill every single luddite in the thread.

D:

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I'm slightly confused because taking out the mininions, champs, and turrets slowing your minions basically is grinding.

Make sure to be getting the last hit in on enemy minions as its the only way that they grant you money.

It seemed like I was pretty underleveled the whole time, even though I was only a level or two behind the rest of my team. I'm not sure if it's because of who I was (Minotaur guy with the ground pound), or if I was generally leveling up all my skills equally instead of focusing on one or two, but I seemed to do almost no damage, even with decent equipment.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Breakfast time!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    man I am a terrible poster today

too tired for real content

well, if it makes you feel any better, your posts have been hilarious today

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Liebot what is the saddest thing?

The saddest thing is being a forty year old hand model trying to grasp fame from a horrible book you modeled for.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/10/twilight-hand-model-kimbra-hickey?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Fspringboard+%28What%27s+Going+On+At+Uproxx%29

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh, hey, France has the right idea.

Bank execs make stupid mistakes that jeopardize the whole country? Jail time!

someone other than the trader guy making 70k a year got jailed?

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I wash my hands of the Flotilla thread. Better that than getting infracted for wanting to kill every single luddite in the thread.

D:

Thanks isreal.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Liebot what is the saddest thing?

The saddest thing is being a forty year old hand model trying to grasp fame from a horrible book you modeled for.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2010/10/twilight-hand-model-kimbra-hickey?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Fspringboard+%28What%27s+Going+On+At+Uproxx%29

I'd be more ashamed then proud.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »

D:
    I don't think luddite is the word you want

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

It seemed like I was pretty underleveled the whole time, even though I was only a level or two behind the rest of my team. I'm not sure if it's because of who I was (Minotaur guy with the ground pound), or if I was generally leveling up all my skills equally instead of focusing on one or two, but I seemed to do almost no damage, even with decent equipment.

Well, allistar is supposed to be more of a tank and less of a damage dealer, I think. It also depends on the items you were buying. As long as you were in poximity to minions when they were getting kills you should be getting exp. The other dudes may have gotten champion kills and outpaced you that way.

I'm not sure how to build allistar skill wise as I've never really played him.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.