As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mobile printer

VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
I have a need for a very small, lightweight printer.

So far, the only one I've been able to find was this.

31w%2BBkCMy9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only problem is that it's almost $300. Considering I'll be using this for maybe 3 months tops, is there anything else out there? I don't really want something much larger or expensive.

Size and weight are very important, as I will need to (literally) run around with it and transport it in a rush. I will also have it hooked up to the wall, so it doesn't need a battery. I also don't care about Bluetooth or wireless at all. Scanning is not an issue either. Connection to a laptop via USB is critical, since I don't think my netbook has anything other than an ethernet port and USB inputs.

CoH_infantry.jpg
Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
VeritasVR on

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HP has one for $180 The H470.

c01179559.jpg

Canon has one for about the same. PIXMA iP100

41qdR8QVA-L.jpg

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    HP has one for $180 The H470.

<snip>

Canon has one for about the same. PIXMA iP100

<snip>

Yeah. I saw those.

They're actually larger than I can manage.

VeritasVR on
    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    I have a need for a very small, lightweight printer.

So far, the only one I've been able to find was this.

31w%2BBkCMy9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only problem is that it's almost $300. Considering I'll be using this for maybe 3 months tops, is there anything else out there? I don't really want something much larger or expensive.

Size and weight are very important, as I will need to (literally) run around with it and transport it in a rush. I will also have it hooked up to the wall, so it doesn't need a battery. I also don't care about Bluetooth or wireless at all. Scanning is not an issue either. Connection to a laptop via USB is critical, since I don't think my netbook has anything other than an ethernet port and USB inputs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SGBW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I was just gonna say to get one of these on ebay, but I looked and the buy-now options are around $300. These amazon ones are considerably cheaper, but this is definitely the model I'd go looking for.

Ego on
    Erik