As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Blood Bowl - Now with Dark Elves on Steam $36

1464748495052»

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Aw crap, wrong thread.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    According to the update notification, Peggle Nights is up as an expansion to Peggle. You can buy it via an in-app purchase that's 67% off for a limited time, but since I can't update at the moment (no WiFi at work) I'm not sure what the actual price is. Non-updaters get five Peggle Nights levels gratis.

What.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    According to the update notification, Peggle Nights is up as an expansion to Peggle. You can buy it via an in-app purchase that's 67% off for a limited time, but since I can't update at the moment (no WiFi at work) I'm not sure what the actual price is. Non-updaters get five Peggle Nights levels gratis.

What.

My Alzheimers is kicking in and I clicked the wrong thread, that's what.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just feel so left out from all this BB tourney talk. The 360 version is so lonely out here what with all the Legendary Edition talk and such.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, what do you guys think of Wrestle on a Witch Elf instead of Block?

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Buttons wrote: »
    Just checked out the blood bowl website and came across this news, thought I would share.

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=189

Good news for us early adopters, looking in to the forums they say Legendary edition should retail at around $40 before applying this 30%, this has just put this from a no purchase to a definite in my book(even if it will probably see a mark up when converted to £).

Looks like all you need is your player key so as long as you get one of these from steam then the deal should work for steam owners, although they probably won't be able to download Legendary through steam on this offer.

Oh gah this means I can have my HALFLING TEAM!!!!

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I rented this for the Xbox, as I heard good things a while back. Now i'm seeing there's a legendary edition or something? I guess I want it for the PC more, I should wait for the legendary, or go for the Dark Elves version on Steam for 20 bucks?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So I rented this for the Xbox, as I heard good things a while back. Now i'm seeing there's a legendary edition or something? I guess I want it for the PC more, I should wait for the legendary, or go for the Dark Elves version on Steam for 20 bucks?

Either option is fine. You see Cyanide has decided to give people a 30% coupon if they already bought the DE and Standard. So... if you feel like you just need some BB lovin' get it. If not just wait until the end of the month.

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The let's play has totally gotten me back into this game. Also: Undead in a month, whooooooooo.

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lykouragh wrote: »

I take it your using her as a ball-carrier sacker? It certainly helps get ball on the floor but Witch Elves attract heat when they go down on the floor.

Wrestle for me is a linesman's skill, negating the power drive of your opponent, not for position players.

I can't help but feel that Block+Strip Ball is the all round more useful option for a ball sacker even though it (obviously) needs another skill up.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I take it your using her as a ball-carrier sacker? It certainly helps get ball on the floor but Witch Elves attract heat when they go down on the floor.

Wrestle for me is a linesman's skill, negating the power drive of your opponent, not for position players.

I can't help but feel that Block+Strip Ball is the all round more useful option for a ball sacker even though it (obviously) needs another skill up.

Wrestle+Strip ball (with Tackle next) gives you the ball on 5/6 results on a 1 die block, even against someone with Block, which is all you're gonna get when busting a cage. I think +16% odds is worth the risk of taking a foul on your cagebuster- fouling is just so bad in LRB5, does anyone do it to anyone but armor 7 1 turners? Plus, Jump Up negates a lot of the disadvantage of having your Witch Elf lying down.

I'm not sure it's good, but I'm curious. Maybe I should try some Dark Elf when I get home.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hahaahahaha, ball sacker.

If you have a witch elf on the ground at any point, I am wrecking her face so hard. A witch elf with wrestle does not need a retirement plan, she's not going to make it till the end of the season.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Witch Elves are second only to Wardancers as players I will unhesitatingly turn 16 foul if I have the opportunity.

And I never foul.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

If you have a witch elf on the ground at any point, I am wrecking her face so hard. A witch elf with wrestle does not need a retirement plan, she's not going to make it till the end of the season.

So this may just be because of the unique psychological properties of Blood Bowl, and the fact that I usually play the team that's fouling and not the team that should be fouled. But I feel like fouling goes like this;

Go to the trouble of blitzing and knocking down War Dancer. Waste 3-4 actions lining up a +4 foul. Waste a skillup on a lineorc to get Dirty Player. Foul with said Dirty Player. War Dancer: STUNNED Lineorc: OUT OF THE GAME PERMANENTLY

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

So this may just be because of the unique psychological properties of Blood Bowl, and the fact that I usually play the team that's fouling and not the team that should be fouled. But I feel like fouling goes like this;

Go to the trouble of blitzing and knocking down War Dancer. Waste 3-4 actions lining up a +4 foul. Waste a skillup on a lineorc to get Dirty Player. Foul with said Dirty Player. War Dancer: STUNNED Lineorc: OUT OF THE GAME PERMANENTLY

Ha, that certainly happens sometimes. Lately I mostly play goblins, though, which means having a player leave the game permanently doesn't phase me in the slightest.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Ha, that certainly happens sometimes. Lately I mostly play goblins, though, which means having a player leave the game permanently doesn't phase me in the slightest.

Yeah, goblins is a different story, especially because you can probably foul with a Pogoer or whatever that's gonna be out at the end of the drive anyway, and starts off with dirty player.

But if you can win with goblins consistently, you are an amazing player!

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, goblins is a different story, especially because you can probably foul with a Pogoer or whatever that's gonna be out at the end of the drive anyway, and starts off with dirty player.

But if you can win with goblins consistently, you are an amazing player!

I win till mid-season, then I stop winning because I don't have a long term development plan. I would also never be able to play Gobbos in a league like we had with the Penny Arcade group, because without forced games no one trying to win will ever play against a Gobbo team.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I win till mid-season, then I stop winning because I don't have a long term development plan. I would also never be able to play Gobbos in a league like we had with the Penny Arcade group, because without forced games no one trying to win will ever play against a Gobbo team.

I will, I'm willing to trade a hurt blitzer for 20 SPP on my blorcs.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, would people recommend getting Legendary Edition now that it's out?

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think the consensus is yes, also, this seems to be the thread people are using more these days:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=128575

Inquisitor on