As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

connecting to XBL in a hotel

NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
anyone know how to hook an xbox up to live in a hotel? my laptop is fine but the xbox finds the hotel wifi but then not the internet, and says to reset the router....grrr.
there is no password.

NakedZergling on

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's possible they block it.

I've been able to get to Web sites on my PSP at a hotel, but not connect to PSN.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    More than likely they block it. It's probably a measure on their part to conserve bandwidth and make sure everyone else in the hotel gets the same speeds.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You can probably ask them about it as well, you'd think a hotel would give a bit more leeway to people in that regard.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What I ended up doing the one time I tried this was:

1) Connect to hotel internet wirelessly via laptop (assuming that's what you have access to)
    2) Sharing my internet connection on my laptop
    3) Hooking up the XBox to the laptop

The reason it wouldn't work directly in my case was while it was unblocked and free, you still had to accept terms and conditions before they'd give you bandwidth. So you'd have to open a browser, click a radio box, and accept, and then you could browse.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif