Options

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I guess I always felt that the sci-fi elements to the game weren't that exciting

I solved like maybe five of the scan-the-symbol-and-solve-the-puzzle things, and felt no poorer for it

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The glyphs were awesome.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the scifi stuff is goofy bullshit

but it's the exact kind of goofy bullshit that I like

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    were they.

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The video reward for finding all the glyphs is great.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the problem with the ending was that it came out of left field

it made no goddamn sense and felt completely shoehorned

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    were they.

If you like that sort of stuff yeah.

But you don't so yeah you probably didn't miss anything.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

like someone else said

when a game's premise is something as ridiculous as dna memories and magical mind controlling artifacts that have secretly been the most important part of human history

it's pretty silly to accuse it of suddenly going off the rails for basically anything

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Also you can't stab
    the sun

What's an assassin to do!

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Also you can't stab
    the sun

What's an assassin to do!

get a bigger knife

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

like someone else said

when a game's premise is something as ridiculous as dna memories and magical mind controlling artifacts that have secretly been the most important part of human history

it's pretty silly to accuse it of suddenly going off the rails for basically anything

indiana jones

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    The last game will involve building a space shuttle with a giant hidden blade.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    indiana jones really isn't the same thing at all

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

But it isn't. Parts of it are hinted at throughout the game and it's important to remember that at this point we're only halfway through the story.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

at all

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I disagree with the idea that Assassin's Creed was SO RIDICULOUS anything can happen in it and be completely appropriate.

Like if you assassinated a dude and he burst into a plume of smoke and then turned into a goblin and a fly saucer flew over a tower and started burning the city it wouldn't make much sense.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wouldn't it?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It would be awesome.

But it wouldn't make much sense.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I disagree with the idea that Assassin's Creed was SO RIDICULOUS anything can happen in it and be completely appropriate.

Like if you assassinated a dude and he burst into a plume of smoke and then turned into a goblin and a fly saucer flew over a tower and started burning the city it wouldn't make much sense.

no

because the rule is that anything that happened in the past has to have been either very subtle or covered up so that no one in the present would know about it

also a huge sideplot is explaining that all those religious myths and stories are sort of true, so it makes sense that that would culminate in explaining
    god

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also what did
    The Sun

Actually do?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also what did
    The Sun

Actually do?
    there was like a large solar flare that fucked things up. Which, like, what are you even going to do about that anyway? They'll magic science something i'm sure.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    Also what did
    The Sun

Actually do?
    there was like a large solar flare that fucked things up. Which, like, what are you even going to do about that anyway? They'll magic science something i'm sure.
    That's what I thought. I think that's the part that really bothered me because yeah there's not much a guy who's good at stabbing shit can do about that.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    there is when he has a bunch of magic artifacts

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I also love the whole
    ethereal spirit is like "Oooohhhh I am a spirit, we came before, you guys were pretty much dicks, what was your deeaal anyway? BTW there is a solar flare coming I guess we'll help you out, but seriously you guys suck"

Langly on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh my god

Assassin's Creed 3: Pieces of Eden

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also what did
    The Sun

Actually do?
    released a massive flare that the ones who came before, could've stopped but were fighting a war with humans and were too late to notice and couldn't prevent it. It lead to their extinction, humanity only just survived because they were designed so well.

The ones who came before knew the Sun would eventually flare again and so theysent a warning through time to Desmond, knowing that Desmond would eventually see Ezio's memories.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The whole idea of a meta-plot annoys me, regardless of what it is. The ending was dumb, but I didnt think it was out of left field, I was kinda expecting something like that. I just feel that the whole meta plot is irrelevant and distracts from what could've been a game series about assassins during various periods in history.

I get the whole series is about the DNA memories and such, I just always find those are the least interesting moments.

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Also what did
    The Sun

Actually do?
    released a massive flare that the ones who came before, could've stopped but were fighting a war with humans and were too late to notice and couldn't prevent it. It lead to their extinction, humanity only just survived because they were designed so well.

The ones who came before knew the Sun would eventually flare again and so theysent a warning through time to Desmond, knowing that Desmond would eventually see Ezio's memories.

this is so goddamn retarded I can't even

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ..finish your sentences?

One thing to remember
    it's a video game

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It is so retarded and I love every fucking second of it.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

yes, this

a thousand times this
    There was enough plot with the Templar attempting to take over the world and all

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    cfsbrawlcfsbrawl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I personally enjoyed the ending. My first impression of returning to Ezio for Brotherhood was...WHY?

The only way I will find Brotherhood remotely entertaining is if Ezio has become
    broken and mentally unstable due to what he saw in the vault. I love the idea of creating a narcissistic character and then forcing him to face the fact that his greatest actions were actually only a small piece of much larger circumstances.

cfsbrawl on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Eh, I dunno. That would be too similar to
    Altair. After the events of AC1, he started to go mad thanks to the piece of the Eden.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    cfsbrawlcfsbrawl Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is that in the supplementary material? If so, which? I would be interested to read/watch that.

cfsbrawl on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Read the codecs at the AC wikia. They were written by him.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

yes, this

a thousand times this
    There was enough plot with the Templar attempting to take over the world and all

I think the Vault was only a surprise if you didn't go after Subject 16's glyphs. I don't think Minerva said anything new that wasn't already hinted at in all those puzzles.

The Big Levinsky on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the best part of the ending to AC2 is that Desmond said what the fuck at the exact same time I did

YaYa on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All that is just extra shit I don't care about. What I do care about is eye stabbing guards who are in my way when I'm trying to steal a codex page or walking to my next mission to stab a guy to death.

I don't have time for any of that other stuff. I have people to stab and things to do.

Hunter on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So because of this thread, I am buying this game

When it first came out it seemed that is was just going to be a multiplayer spin off so I completely wrote it off

But now that I see it is a full fledged game

It can have my monies

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hunter did you know you can stab people in this game and then shoot them off your knife?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you