Options

[CHAT]sgiving is over; onward to [CHAT]smas!

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I had armorer as one of my main skills, so that wasn't much of a problem for me. Favorite enchantment: make a 100% chameleon armor set (edit: actually, enchanting clothes is a better idea here since they basically have no weight). Though it kind of breaks the game, because there is literally nothing anyone can do to kill you.

Tam on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I keep armorer as a main skill just because it's something you can level up at will.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I was disappointed in the Glass armor in Oblivion because I loved how it looked in Morrowind.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    One of my friends bought a crappy reproduction katana for $40 at a market. It broke pretty soon after when he used it to make a sandwich.

If your sandwich bread has become petrified, to the point that it can break steel...at that point I'd consider buying a new loaf.

The metal itself didn't break, the handle just fell off.
    02828.gif

EDIT:
    Tam wrote: »
    I had armorer as one of my main skills, so that wasn't much of a problem for me. Favorite enchantment: make a 100% chameleon armor set (edit: actually, enchanting clothes is a better idea here since they basically have no weight). Though it kind of breaks the game, because there is literally nothing anyone can do to kill you.

Yeah, the game kind of lost its fun when I had a 100% chameleon ring. I think I ended up dropping it in some lava somewhere, it seemed fitting.

Flay on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not so long ago, I went to my old University... people were LARPing on campus.... Ive never felt nerdyness at such high levels.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    One of my friends bought a crappy reproduction katana for $40 at a market. It broke pretty soon after when he used it to make a sandwich.

If your sandwich bread has become petrified, to the point that it can break steel...at that point I'd consider buying a new loaf.

The metal itself didn't break, the handle just fell off.
    02828.gif

Well, that's when you use a Wiimote for a replacement handle and get it posted on Kotaku for 5.5 nanoseconds of quasi-fame.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    When I was a kid, I used to play live action warcraft with my cousins and some of the neighborhood kids. We would gather gold (rocks from the neighbor's landscaping), wood (which we actually used to build fortifications), and create various weapons (axes, bows ...shit that we literally could have killed/maimed ourselves with at any moment). At one point we had even tilled some land and planted corn for our "farms" with seeds that we had pilfered from my grandmother.

God, I don't know what I was on back then.

e: People wonder if kids emulate things they see in games sometimes. I sure as fuck did. My cousin and me used to beat the piss out of each other after playing Street Fighter or watching a particularly dramatic episode of Dragonball Z. I was always armed in my backyard. I had a couple of accidents with traps we had set that could have hurt/killed me (bricks falling from decent heights, triggered by trip wires, etc)

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not so long ago, I went to my old University... people were LARPing on campus.... Ive never felt nerdyness at such high levels.

i had this little buddy in high school (he was my age, just tiny) and we hung out a lot during class because we had similar interests, except he played warhammer and was a bit more into the vidya than I
    he moved to australia the next semester
    i remember seeing pictures on his facebook of him dressed as a goblin fighting with a bunch of other LARPers

I just
    I don't understand how
    its
    i dont even

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just bought a car.

PROX on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gah, i'm stuck on rendering this stupid apple!

I'll just call it a night and show it to my teacher tomorrow. He'll help me figure out an easier way to paint this thing.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    PROX wrote: »
    I just bought a car.

Nice! What kind.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Gah, i'm stuck on rendering this stupid apple!

I'll just call it a night and show it to my teacher tomorrow. He'll help me figure out an easier way to paint this thing.

Just put some paint down. Whatever doesn't look right, paint with a different color.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i bet its a sweet proxmobile

2188-carrot-car.jpg

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    :lol: Amazing.
    Prox always gave me more of a 'white windowless van' sort of vibe though.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A brand new honda accord.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I want that car

Gimme that damn car adam

edit: PROX you made a good choice. A stereotypical one, but a good one, nonetheless.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I kinda wish I bought that carrot car though...

PROX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    we all do, PROX

we all do

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think that when I get a car it will either be a Camry or an Accord. Also I've been looking at the Ford Fiesta just because it seems like a crazy economical car for a single person.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    Way to not buy an AMERICAN car you communist!

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Fiesta is apparently a great car. Also, it looks damn good.

Also, why do I like Oblivion so much. I am so critical of this game and yet I can't stop myself from playing it at least a few hours on the weekends.

edit: hot

ford-fiesta-ny.jpg

of course the shit ugly blue button always ruins it a little, but it's still a great looking small car

Tam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everyone knows that American cars are doodoo boxes with wheels. American trucks on the other hand, are badass harbringers of testosterone and anti-terrorism.

Also you should totally put a bangin system in that shit Prox.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    who the hell designed the Ford logo?
    who thought cursive writing in a blue oval was a good design for a car company?
    did the designer think he was designing for Ford Frozen Foods?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Some of their logos were a lot dumber (about 1/4 way down):
    http://www.neatorama.com/2008/02/18/evolution-of-car-logos/

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Some of their logos were a lot dumber (about 1/4 way down):
    http://www.neatorama.com/2008/02/18/evolution-of-car-logos/

dear lord

is the Caddy badge the only good one we have?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I guess.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I mean, what else do we have that looks good?

And I'm not saying everyone else has masterpieces- normal Toyota and Lexus, Renault, Nissan and Infiniti, have boring ass logos. Fiat's is even uglier than Ford's. Neither Ferrari's nor Lamborghini's are anything to write home about either. But BMW, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Mitsubishi- all pretty solid stuff

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I dunno. I was tempted to say that Chevy's logo is passable but I know fuck-all about design so my opinion means nothing.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Everyone knows that American cars are doodoo boxes with wheels. American trucks on the other hand, are badass harbringers of testosterone and anti-terrorism.

Also you should totally put a bangin system in that shit Prox.

The sound system is really good. MP3 cds! and also an ipod thingie.

Also I wouldn't be talking about communism...CANADIAN.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Tesla logo is alright, in that 'fictional evil corporation in a sci-fi anime series' kinda way.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Man, I have been staring at a blank piece of paper for hours. I know I should be drawing something. ANYTHING.

I've spent so much time thinking about what the most effective thing for me to study next would be that I have wasted an entire evening.

Obviously my hands need more work. I mean, I could draw them clasped together, doing about a million things, and maybe I should. Maybe I could do another page of hands tomorrow. But damn it's getting kind of boring. I don't want to burn myself out.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Tesla logo is alright, in that 'fictional evil corporation in a sci-fi anime series' kinda way.

well when you name your company after a mad scientist...

Tam on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't mind the peugeot logo actually.

Flay on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone know how to make these "stamps" I hear about in the sculpting world? To be more specific, I was looking for various methods of sculpting scales for dragons and what not, and I'm having trouble finding any that don't look cheesy. But I did see a lot of people mention just using some stamping method, but not go in to an detail on how to make a stamp.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

well when you name your company after a mad scientist...

No, I'm pretty sure they named it after the coil things from Red Alert.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Another eventful stream by Wakka! Of course, you'll probably never see the 'unfinished' piece. He thinks less of himself than anyone else on the planet. He's greatness!

Mangoes on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hi eveybody. Been off the grid for a week and a bits, my wife gave birth to a girl, which was also mine, according to the serious brow line.

Anyway this is her.
    ella2c.jpg

I recommend bulk packs of stimulants if one is looking to have children. Seriously though, babies that are your own are 100% cooler than other peoples, but they are hard work. Waking up at 3am to feed is all kinds of wrong.

Mustang on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    Congrats mustang! Shes adorable!

Iruka on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Who knew Mustang could help make something so adorable.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
This discussion has been closed.