As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed - Post in the other thread

UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
So we are here to play and talk about

Assassins_Creed_brotherhood_cover.jpg

A lot of people like it! Reviews are glowing but you aren't here to read reviews, and if you are just head over to its Metacritic page, close your eyes, spin your mouse around really fast and click one because it will be a positive review.

It is the direct sequel to

Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG

Which a lot of people also liked! It is awesome, and it's highly recommended you play it before jumping into ACB. It added a lot to the franchise in terms of crazy Da Vinci Code-like story depth, mission variety, likable and memorable characters, light world-building and a billion other things. All told, it was a stellar sequel to:

Assassin%27s_Creed.jpg

Love it or hate it. Most people hate it. There were small glimmers of the fantastic game that AC2 is hidden underneath layers of repetitive missions, a terribly trite and boring story (until the end, which is the lead-in for AC2), shallow combat (in comparison), tiny weapon selection, motherfucking 300 collectible flags that you're supposed to find by sheer luck, and then like a bunch more Templar dudes that you had to kill but they could be kinda hard and the game was really a mess in a lot of ways. But a mess with potential, dammit, so it's nice that Ubisoft didn't shy away from their game that sold roughly a hojillion copies.

On the plus side, Kristen Bell for whatever reason looks much better in AC1 than in 2 or Brotherhood.

I heard there's a lot of face and neck stabbing, how do I stab other PAers in the face and neck?

I don't really play the multi and thus don't know a lot about it, I gathered this from Kadoken's OP. If you feel I'm missing something vital, let me know.

T4CT was kind enough to make a Brotherhood meta tag on Xbox Live: Simply add the tag PA Brotherhoodas a friend, and select "view friends" to see all the other friends of the meta tag.

PSN doesn't have anything cool like that, so here is the PSN player list Kadoken collected from the last AC thread. PM me if you want to be added to it.

PessimistMaximus
Kabzilla
Binglesthecat
sojakfa

I am playing AC2, help me find the feathers because there isn't a cool in-game map to find them like in Brotherhood!

GamesRadar has a pretty good guide up for this.

When's the PC version coming out?

Never! Oh wait, actually it's Q1 of next year. It's going to have Ubisoft's retarded DRM, so ask yourself: Is this really a route you want to go down?

Origin of the thread title

UnbreakableVow on

• Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really should try out the multiplayer on AC:B. But that means having to deal with actual people and I'm not sure I like the idea of that.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I finished my first mission wherein someone was supposed to die and I didn't draw a weapon or make an attack last night.

Threw some hired mercs at the target and then called in a brotherhood hit when the clumsy but energetic mercenaries started mixing it up, all while I lounged on a bench down the street.

That was pretty cool, I have to say. I'll still get my hands dirty from time to time, just to keep my skills sharp, but having the option of brotherhood assists introduces a whole new option of how to attack a given mission.

And man, you can spend a shitload of time doing nothing but managing assassin missions.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »
    I really should try out the multiplayer on AC:B. But that means having to deal with actual people and I'm not sure I like the idea of that.

Your dealings with these "actual people" starts and ends with planning their death, sooo~

(It's fantastically fun)

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    GarrisGarris Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I stealth killed a dude with a 2h axe throw, that was awesome

Garris on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I bought my heavy sheath but haven't used it yet

Pure joy is distracting guards with courtesans, then calling assassins on them as they flirt

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I bought my heavy sheath but haven't used it yet

While I like the combo weapon finishing moves, the spadone is just such a kickass weapon. I enjoy the hell out of throwing it at people.

If I have one "complaint" about the game, I think it's that I liked Venice and Florence better than Rome. I like Rome well enough, but Florence and especially Venice just had such great flavor - carnivale and everything.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So MNC Dover just contacted me and apparently he's had dibs on a new AC thread for weeks, and has been working on it for just as long, whereas I just made this on a whim because we were about to hit 100 pages. Dude also works for Ubisoft so he'd be better equipped to handle everything on the multiplayer end, so...don't post in this thread anymore! Let it die. His will be up shortly.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thank you UnbreakableVow. I owe you!

New, new thread here!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Reading the OP...people thought the story in AC1 sucked? I thought it was pretty cool, I forget the exact timing of the story but there was a lot of mystery within Altairs story that kept me playing. Also there was nothing in that game that was hard, all you had to do with equip assassin blade, counter attack. It was too easy.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I need help cancelling Xbox live. I can't find the options anymore.

They literally BURY them.

I am never signing up for this ever again.

EDIT: They've actually REMOVED the page.
    Does anyone know how to do this?

Do I have to put a stop payment on it from my bank or something?

Endomatic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Why would you cancel xbox live? Such a terrible mistake!

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So like

I played through AC and it was pretty neat so I'm gonna get this videogame here

should I play the 2nd one first? I heard this one is basically 2.5 so would I be better off skipping 2 and just doing this

guide me AC thread

guide me in the ways of game buying

(the storyline isn't a big deal for me I just want to have fun parkouring around and maybe stabbing strangers)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    should I play the 2nd one first?

Unequivocally yes, play the 2nd game. This game is probably a little better, but 2 is still a damn fine game. Plus I feel the plot of 2 should not be missed.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    AC2 was an amazing game, I think I beat it in about two 10 hour sittings, I have never done that before with any game...that wasn't an MMO.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    AC2 is really great. play it! plus, AC:B basically starts right after AC2 ends, or so I hear. Plus Ezio is way better than Altair, might as well get as much as him as you can

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, if you went to the bathroom after beating AC2 and someone got Assbro started up while you were in there you would just think the game is super long and suddenly even better than before.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
This discussion has been closed.