Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I wasn't really serious, screw oil.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The alternative is the cold water hitting me, me screaming like a girl, jumping out of the shower, slipping on the bathroom floor, bashing my head on the sink, and laying dead in the bathroom with the shower running full blast until someone discovers my body.

Have you ever considered turning the shower head away from you for the few seconds it takes to warm up?
    It takes more than a few seconds. I live in an old house with old pipes, the shower is on the second floor and the water heater is in the basement.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Anyone with a Mac know if I can hook it up to my Xbox streaming thing like I do with my Win7 PC?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The alternative is the cold water hitting me, me screaming like a girl, jumping out of the shower, slipping on the bathroom floor, bashing my head on the sink, and laying dead in the bathroom with the shower running full blast until someone discovers my body.

Have you ever considered turning the shower head away from you for the few seconds it takes to warm up?
    It takes more than a few seconds. I live in an old house with old pipes, the shower is on the second floor and the water heater is in the basement.

Fair enough.

Space Coyote on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    Anyone with a Mac know if I can hook it up to my Xbox streaming thing like I do with my Win7 PC?

Nobody has both a Mac and an Xbox. You are required to love one and hate the other. The internet has made this clear several times.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohnHVXKHOw

when in doubt, push the retro british button

desc on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Honk wrote: »

Nobody has both a Mac and an Xbox. You are required to love one and hate the other. The internet has made this clear several times.

Uhhhhh

Anyways, This might be what you want.

http://www.nullriver.com/products/connect360

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got a new desktop at work.

Pros: Much faster. Going from a 2.4 ghz Celeron to a Quad core @ 2.66 ghz. And 1 gig of ram to 2.

Cons: Absolutely nothing is installed on the machine. Our admin acted like this was some massive task for her. I've gotten office installed, I've got it on the domain. Now I get to install all of the day to day software I use and some of the office addon stuff like Viso. Ugh.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

takes a whole hell of a lot of work from what I understand.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Pros: Much faster. Going from a 2.4 ghz Celeron to a Quad core @ 2.66 ghz. And 1 gig of ram to 2.

Cons: Absolutely nothing is installed on the machine. Our admin acted like this was some massive task for her. I've gotten office installed, I've got it on the domain. Now I get to install all of the day to day software I use and some of the office addon stuff like Viso. Ugh.

Sounds like the IT people at my work who still won't update our flash players because we might go to websites and watch tv shows, despite our own fucking website using the updated flash player so we can't trouble shoot people with that part of the site.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rust is gone.

Someone is really going to have to step up to plate and go full fledge cynic to fill the void.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Sounds like the IT people at my work who still won't update our flash players because we might go to websites and watch tv shows, despite our own fucking website using the updated flash player so we can't trouble shoot people with that part of the site.

I got into that argument with IT at comcast. Luckily I was friends with a few people back there so when I would see someone walking around I'd get them to run the install.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    This tune is stuck in my head

Get it out!!! Why is it so catchy???

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I have admin rights to my local PC, so that's not much an issue for me thankfully. I think I have most of the stuff I need installed. But I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rust is gone.

Someone is really going to have to step up to plate and go full fledge cynic to fill the void.

Probably a temp ban like the last one. Someone put Rent on notice.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CNN had nothing about Pearl Harbor day yesterday. Today it's "Where were you when John Lennon died?"

Who cares.

Fuck John Lennon.

I thought it was weird how Pearl Harbor went completely umentioned.

Major news networks tend to avoid playing up the 69th anniversary of things.

You may find that either excellent or bogus, depending.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I have admin rights to my local PC, so that's not much an issue for me thankfully. I think I have most of the stuff I need installed. But I'm sure I'm missing something.

Yeah, I got a new PC last week and it came with almost nothing I needed. Unfortunately I didn't have admin rights but they have a pretty cool system where you can apply to get admin rights on your system, but it takes a couple weeks to go through a bunch of people, or you can get temporary admin rights which usually gets approved in a couple hours but only lasts for 48. My main problem was that I got it on the day before Thanksgiving, so if I applied for my temp admin access to install stuff I'd have to stay late to actually finish all the installs since my two days would mostly be over time when my office was closed down.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tired texting is just as bad as drunk texting! Awoken from a sound slumber at 430 in the morning I can write some strange things

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CNN had nothing about Pearl Harbor day yesterday. Today it's "Where were you when John Lennon died?"

Who cares.

Fuck John Lennon.

Will you teach me to be cool and edgy too?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The combat in the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness is kicking my ass. Opponents have half again my . . . whatever that number at my feet is. I can't beat them.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Who cares.

Fuck John Lennon.

Sure.

Buy a guitar and a leather jacket.

Get a silly haircut.

Join a raw and raucous rock and roll band.

Take your band to another country, then play a whole bunch of shows in a shitty basement club where nobody gives a fuck and you mock and insult your audience.

There, now you're cool and...oh, fuck...
    beatles-leather1.jpg

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »

Who cares.

Fuck John Lennon.

Sure.

Buy a guitar and a leather jacket.

Get a silly haircut.

Join a raw and raucous rock and roll band.

Take your band to another country, then play a whole bunch of shows in a shitty basement club where nobody gives a fuck and you mock and insult your audience.

There, now you're cool and...oh, fuck...
    beatles-leather1.jpg

Always feel bad for that poor sap in the back on the kit.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    holy god nothing to do until 4:30

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Turns out Cataclysm is all kinds of fun.

All the kinds.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That is a different picture than was originally there. The new one is much clearer.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And the girl appears to be avoiding my text messages. Oy.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »

I am sitting here in the jam-packed library, it is crazy how full this place is

until 2:30 when my appointment is

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    WHAT THE FUCK!!?!??

Darren Aronofsky is directing "The Wolverine" starring Hugh Jackman?

I mean, what this man does is fucking art... but there is a great deal of garbage in the series he decided to take the reins on.

I am dubious even he can was the stink of the most recent film out of my head.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

This is likely true.

But what if he can do it and there were actually an awesome Wolverine movie?

desc on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

i found this little nook where there are no people but like 10 computers. it's awesome.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mehhhhhhhhh

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Clever Steam.

If I suddenly decide I must have that TF2 hat, I can still do the achievements from earlier. I'd just have to pay full price for RUSE.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    desc wrote: »

This is likely true.

Someone struggling to remember their past and coping with being better than everyone around you is the kind of material Aronofsky excels at. But he is only the director; Marvel has their fingers in this pie as well, and I seriously doubt they will let him take the material where it should go.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WHAT THE FUCK!!?!??

I mean, what this man does is fucking art... but there is a great deal of garbage in the series he decided to take the reins on.

I like where this is going.

My guess is that he and Hugh got along well when he did The Fountain so he wants to see if he can work with the character.
    During one of the post credits scenes Logan is seen drinking at a bar in Japan. Such a location was the subject of Claremont and Miller's series, which was not in the first film as Jackman felt "what we need to do is establish who [Logan] is and find out how he became Wolverine".[45] Jackman stated the Claremont-Miller series is his favorite Wolverine story.[132] Of the Japanese arc, Jackman also stated that:
    “ ..there are so many areas of that Japanese story, I love the idea of this kind of anarchic character, the outsider, being in this world - I can see it aesthetically, too - full of honor and tradition and customs and someone who’s really anti-all of that, and trying to negotiate his way. The idea of the samurai, too - and the tradition there. It’s really great. In the comic book he gets his ass kicked by a couple of samurai - not even mutants. He’s shocked by that at first.[131]

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

i found this little nook where there are no people but like 10 computers. it's awesome.

yeah not quite the case here

when I get back I'll go see if I can get into the disabled students' study spaces, those should have some free spaces

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

This is likely true.

Someone struggling to remember their past and coping with being better than everyone around you is the kind of material Aronofsky excels at. But he is only the director; Marvel has their fingers in this pie as well, and I seriously doubt they will let him take the material where it should go.

How does marvel have its fingers in the pie when its fox that owns the movie rights to wolverine and its been fox studios making the movies?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited December 2010

This is likely true.

How does marvel have its fingers in the pie when its fox that owns the movie rights to wolverine and its been fox studios making the movies?

Yeah thats what I thought, Marvel with Iron man and the avengers films have been more involved, but the xmen and spiderman series's are owned by their respective studios.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    WHAT THE FUCK!!?!??

My guess is that he and Hugh got along well when he did The Fountain so he wants to see if he can work with the character.
    During one of the post credits scenes Logan is seen drinking at a bar in Japan. Such a location was the subject of Claremont and Miller's series, which was not in the first film as Jackman felt "what we need to do is establish who [Logan] is and find out how he became Wolverine".[45] Jackman stated the Claremont-Miller series is his favorite Wolverine story.[132] Of the Japanese arc, Jackman also stated that:
    “ ..there are so many areas of that Japanese story, I love the idea of this kind of anarchic character, the outsider, being in this world - I can see it aesthetically, too - full of honor and tradition and customs and someone who’s really anti-all of that, and trying to negotiate his way. The idea of the samurai, too - and the tradition there. It’s really great. In the comic book he gets his ass kicked by a couple of samurai - not even mutants. He’s shocked by that at first.[131]

The Claremont/Miller run is one of the better Wolverine runs.
    I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    WHAT THE FUCK!!?!??

oh god

if they actually did that old Claremont story

Ken Watanabe plays every japanese guy

desc on
This discussion has been closed.