As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] The Chataclysm Has Come

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There might be a lead in at the earthshrine portal area.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    EviizEviiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There should be a breadcrumb quest starting at either the portal area, or in stormwind harbour, near the northrend boat.

Eviiz on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Since you'll have to grind out the fucking entirety of deepholme anyway, to get Hodir enchants V.2, you might as well do it at 82 and get xp for it.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Since you'll have to grind out the fucking entirety of deepholme anyway, to get Hodir enchants V.2, you might as well do it at 82 and get xp for it.

Thanks, I was just about to ask who were the new Hodir.

Arrath on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »

Thanks, I was just about to ask who were the new Hodir.

I'm pretty glad that I'm a scribe; I've done deepholme anyway, but I imagine it can be quite easy to skip that zone if you're using rest exp, but the fact you can't open up that faction until you've done 120 odd quests strikes me as remarkably daft.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huzzah, 4 hours and 2 heroics bosses down. I still think it's a bit too far tuned to "oh hey let's make it challenging for people in the first 2 sets of raid tier."

I blame our healer though, he couldn't heal us past like 25% on the first boss in SFK because it just chewed through his mana. I almost soloed him from 25% to 0% though, but ran out of cooldowns.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Huzzah, 4 hours and 2 heroics bosses down. I still think it's a bit too far tuned to "oh hey let's make it challenging for people in the first 2 sets of raid tier."

I blame our healer though, he couldn't heal us past like 25% on the first boss in SFK because it just chewed through his mana. I almost soloed him from 25% to 0% though, but ran out of cooldowns.

That guy is a jerk. We ended up beating him by my rolling my face on Necrotic Strike and stacking interrupts in the group. After the second tick of Stay of Execution we interrupted him. Most of the first tick was absorbed by Necrotic Strike. We got unlucky with a few interrupt misses on Mend Rotting Flesh but ended up downing him anyways. After we wiped twice, of course.

Did you do Springvale or Silverlane second? Silverlane is pretty easy if you focus down the adds but Springvale was a nightmare for us until we could figure out a reasonable strategy (kill 2 adds, blow cooldowns, hope).

Oh, and I wiped 11 times in a H Vortex Pinnacle last night because we had to pug 2 DPS and the dungeon is basically unbeatable with 2 DPS who can't do more than 6k. The healer mana gets reamed so hard even with flawless execution by 3/5 group members we were wiping at 30% every time on the second boss. The dungeon single handedly has made me want to level my Paladin and heal again. Looks like they made good on their promise to make healing ultra hard/"mana matters".

Walt on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Found out yesterday my account got hacked, even though I haven't used it in quite awhile. I fucking keep my computer up to date with scans and shit like you wouldn't believe. I also use an address that is rarely used. Weird.

Anyway, got my account back, the guy who used it got a referral bonus month for me, so thanks for that. Decided it was a good time to try out all the new shit. Keep in mind I have not played since before the LFG tool was in. Yeah, that long.

Bought the expansion, decided to see what the guy did with my chars. Only thing I saw was that he used my main to explore the new world, and my inventory was full of a set of cata greens, even though my account at the time didn't have it. Must have brought them over from his chars. Funny thing is, those greens were all upgrades for every piece of gear I had (only naxx/heroic shit). That's all the guy did. Was hoping for my bank to be fill of ores and money, but alas.

Went to Org from Dalaran (which still had some people in it, thought it was gonna be a ghost town. Holy shit, first time flying in the old world is a weird awesome feeling. Org looks fucking different as shit.

Just got one question though, I only have one Winter Veil achievement left, the winter clothing one and eating the fruitcake. I never got the fucking hat from Nexus, and it always pissed me off. Where do the hats drop now? I figured no one will be running the Wrath dungeons anymore.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    You can do her again, but you don't get the nightmare event again.

I didn't realise that you didn't get valour points for her if you failed the nightmare, but as has been mentioned previously on this board, Chaos Orbs are only about an 85% drop rate. You just happened to meet a coincidence in failing the nightmare didnt get one to drop.

Oh, shit - we were under the impression that if you failed the nightmare, the encounter was just done. We went back to the boat and didn't see her. Bugged, maybe?

Wait, really? No. My first run we died to fire walls on the Ogres nightmare, except the mage who manages to blow him up, which started the Goblins nightmare, which kills the mage. When we port back to the forge after the corpse run, it's clear for a moment then OH GOD SPIDERS! From there the nightmares continued as normal. Even dead we never lost the nightmare buff.

I think your problem was you ran to the boat, not the forge.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Walt wrote: »

That guy is a jerk. We ended up beating him by my rolling my face on Necrotic Strike and stacking interrupts in the group. After the second tick of Stay of Execution we interrupted him. Most of the first tick was absorbed by Necrotic Strike. We got unlucky with a few interrupt misses on Mend Rotting Flesh but ended up downing him anyways. After we wiped twice, of course.

Did you do Springvale or Silverlane second? Silverlane is pretty easy if you focus down the adds but Springvale was a nightmare for us until we could figure out a reasonable strategy (kill 2 adds, blow cooldowns, hope).

Oh, and I wiped 11 times in a H Vortex Pinnacle last night because we had to pug 2 DPS and the dungeon is basically unbeatable with 2 DPS who can't do more than 6k. The healer mana gets reamed so hard even with flawless execution by 3/5 group members we were wiping at 30% every time on the second boss. The dungeon single handedly has made me want to level my Paladin and heal again. Looks like they made good on their promise to make healing ultra hard/"mana matters".

We never got past the first boss. :(

We ended up getting BRC twice and killing the first guy twice.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Corla is another boss that is pretty much unPUG-able at the moment.
    People get feared out of the beams and their backup just stands there. Doing 6k DPS. Not... moving... into... the beam...

Sigh.

Walt on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This might be a bit of a weird question, but is there any way to sync addons/WTF folders across two computers? It'd be nice not to have to set my UI up multiple times whenever I change things.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This might be a bit of a weird question, but is there any way to sync addons/WTF folders across two computers? It'd be nice not to have to set my UI up multiple times whenever I change things.
    You just copy the folder from one location to another

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Corla is another boss that is pretty much unPUG-able at the moment.
    People get feared out of the beams and their backup just stands there. Doing 6k DPS. Not... moving... into... the beam...

Sigh.

The good news is we got her to 10% before someone derped, then that person derped like every single attempt after that at 92%.

It got to the point where I was moving in and out of the portals that had someone get feared from.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I use a dropbox and just copy/paste them back and forth.

Still a little effort but less annoying than reconfiguring it constantly.

Walt on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I use a dropbox and just copy/paste them back and forth.

Still a little effort but less annoying than reconfiguring it constantly.

Yeah, I could do that. I was just hoping there was maybe some way to shortcut the folder through dropbox so that I'd only ever have to update the folder in one place or the other. Oh well.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, I'm level 85 and trying to gear myself up to tank. I've got 3/4 tank pieces, but some DPS stuff. I have done all the quests for rep, but can't get the rep I need to get stuff on the quartermasters. I already dumped my stored Justice Points for new gear (getting me a whopping two pieces).

I can't get rep because I'm not geared for heroics, and I can't get justice points reliably because Normals take a hour apiece, even running with guildies.

The one or two heroics I've tried have been a mess, and I'm simply not geared for them.

I feel like I need to be carried to be even ready to do heroics.

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Try to get crafted gear. Unfortunately you need heroic gear to get justice points to get that gear to do heroics. Getting the JP by doing normals for 3 months isn't worth your time.

bowen on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    question, how long should it take a warrior to get to ~60 these days?

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A weekend?

bowen on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got my mage to 60 in a week of maybe three hours every night. I imagine it would take way less time than that if you tanked instances all the time. *shrug*

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Took me about 2 10+ hour days to get to 68 but oh god did I not want to play after that. He's still 68 and he hit it like a month ago.

bowen on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Try to get crafted gear. Unfortunately you need heroic gear to get justice points to get that gear to do heroics. Getting the JP by doing normals for 3 months isn't worth your time.
    You don't need Heroic gear, you just need an average iLevel of 329. There are quite a few quests that reward iLevel 333 blues, and GB/LC/that other Uldum dungeon drop loads of it. Additionally, after completing each zone you should be honored with their associated factions or close to it, and each quartermaster has a smattering of 333 blues as well.

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There's a difference in being able to queue and being able to actually finish them. I'm in full 333, the healer who just meets the queue iLevel can't do it.

Generally, it's why gearscore was a stupid metric to measure success. Even further bad because you can have any gear in your bags that is "usable" by your class and bump up that iLevel.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I meet the minimum requirement to queue, but I'm not GEARED to be queuing, because between a 1/3 and 1/2 my gear isn't for tanking. That's my problem, and yes, I already cleared out the rep quartermasters.

Samphis on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    So, I'm level 85 and trying to gear myself up to tank. I've got 3/4 tank pieces, but some DPS stuff. I have done all the quests for rep, but can't get the rep I need to get stuff on the quartermasters. I already dumped my stored Justice Points for new gear (getting me a whopping two pieces).

I can't get rep because I'm not geared for heroics, and I can't get justice points reliably because Normals take a hour apiece, even running with guildies.

The one or two heroics I've tried have been a mess, and I'm simply not geared for them.

I feel like I need to be carried to be even ready to do heroics.

What class are you?

You get rep in Normals while wearing a Tabard, 60% of what you get in Heroic I think. It was 10 per trash where Heroic is 15 per trash. I just wore Plate items with the most Stam and Master I could fine. As a Warrior Tank the Stat order is Stam > Mastery > Parry > Dodge.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm a paladin. And the three normals I did with the Hyjal tabard (want those tanking epics) on did not give me rep. (Stonecore x 2 and BRC.)

Samphis on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm a paladin. And the three normals I did with the Hyjal tabard (want those tanking epics) on did not give me rep. (Stonecore x 2 and BRC.)

Cata reps won't work unless it's a level 85 dungeon. For the 80-83 dungeons I'd recommend doing one of your home factions (Org, Ironforge, etc). I'm not sure where the breaking point is, but I know BRC, Throne, and Stonecore don't count.

Bobble on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You won't get rep from cata tabards until you hit the 85 dungeons. Grim Batol, Tol'vir, etc.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tabard rep follows the same rules as it did in WotLK: Normals are not supposed to give up unless it's one of the "top level" dungeons and even then it's reduced.

For a while, BRC was giving Hyjal rep if you had the tabard equipped, but they hotfixed that out.

As far as gearing goes, I was one of those people who had stockpiled points before cata dropped, so I immediately stepped into two pieces. I've also made a small fortune off the AH this expac so far so I've been using that to help bankroll my gear.

Really, I think the model they are shooting for (doing normals to get the gear to get heroics) isn't quite working out the way they want it to.

Nobody on
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

Really, I think the model they are shooting for (doing normals to get the gear to get heroics) isn't quite working out the way they want it to.

Well I can get most of my gear from rep vendors and hit about ilevel 333, which is what normal's drop isn't it? The system lets you queue at 329 for heroics.

There's no point in going to a normal if you're wanting to gear up, considering you can nearly get all of your gear outside of the place.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uldum is the best zone.

Arrath on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's a difference in being able to queue and being able to actually finish them. I'm in full 333, the healer who just meets the queue iLevel can't do it.

Generally, it's why gearscore was a stupid metric to measure success. Even further bad because you can have any gear in your bags that is "usable" by your class and bump up that iLevel.

I was about to be a dick and ask why the healer couldn't do it, but then I thought of a question.

The ilevel..is it getting it from your gear or your bags?

Reason I ask is I am at iLevel 334 on my paperdoll at the moment, but when I look at myself in Arms gear for instance on the armory, it said (this was a day or so ago before I hit revered in two factions) 320 or so.

So, if your healer is having issues, it's either..

A). Skill level.

B). Offspec gear messing it up.
    I meet the minimum requirement to queue, but I'm not GEARED to be queuing, because between a 1/3 and 1/2 my gear isn't for tanking. That's my problem, and yes, I already cleared out the rep quartermasters.

Rep gear + quested gear + a bought ring or two and you're set for tanking. Seriously.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I found something yesterday while flying around between digsites.

Something amazing.

In the northwest corner of Mulgore, on the Desolace/Stonetalon boarder, there is a large grassy platue, reachable only by flight. On this grassy plain there are critters. Rabbits, mice, and prarie dogs. But that's not what makes it amazing oh no.

You see, most of the time these critters are normal critters. But not all the time. Every few minutes, some of them will grow to the size of a sheep and engage in combat. The rabbits hold axes in their mouths, and I saw one kill a prarie dog. The Prarie dogs have little helmets and switchblades, and attack the mice. And the mice... the mice put skulls on their heads, cast dark magics that shrink the rabbits and then squish them.

This is a discovery that will change the face of Azeroth as we know it. The critters are arming against us and training. We must prepare for the inevital confrontation.

Decomposey on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »

I was about to be a dick and ask why the healer couldn't do it, but then I thought of a question.

The ilevel..is it getting it from your gear or your bags?

Reason I ask is I am at iLevel 334 on my paperdoll at the moment, but when I look at myself in Arms gear for instance on the armory, it said (this was a day or so ago before I hit revered in two factions) 320 or so.

So, if your healer is having issues, it's either..

A). Skill level.

B). Offspec gear messing it up.

Rep gear + quested gear + a bought ring or two and you're set for tanking. Seriously.

He was a boomkin. Yeah we discussed in officer that we can't take him to heal heroics. It's his boomkin gear and I know for a fact he sucks. He couldn't solo heal razorscale in ulduar with ICC HM healer gear, but the toc geared disc priest had no issues solo healing it.

bowen on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ugh I only got two levels yesterday, my mage is 63. Outland is so tedious and boring and 2007. I hated Zangarmash so I decided to do Terrokar for the first time ever.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, I'm 85 and haven't been able to find a helmet and chestpiece since to replace green quest stuff from Uldum, and I'm like 5 quests from finishing all of the ones in Twilight Highlands. I'm a little behind the curve.

Maybe I should just suck it up, though. I have 125k HP.

Samphis on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, I'm 85 and haven't been able to find a helmet and chestpiece since to replace green quest stuff from Uldum, and I'm like 5 quests from finishing all of the ones in Twilight Highlands. I'm a little behind the curve.

125k HP, unbuffed, is a lot/enough. You're trying to overgear it.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I love Zangarmarsh /shrug.

It's probably better when you can fly, too.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Bizazedo wrote: »

125k HP, unbuffed, is a lot/enough. You're trying to overgear it.

Well, I'm trying to not get splattered. I have like 20% mitigation stats on the gear since it's mostly for DPS.

Samphis on
This discussion has been closed.