http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MFxcFofkY

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I don't understand why this is so hard, you pay a discount to get to play with the game in an unfinished state, while possibly also lending the developer monetary support to continue developing a game you like. There are going to be negative things that implicitly come with that relationship, one of those meaning dealing with game breaking bugs and bad releases.

If the game hits release and he's still futzing about and breaking the game all the time, sure, complain away, but jesus..it just went into beta this week.

God knows nothing makes me feel more confident about a release then a failure to fix bugs that make it unplayable for people who have already purchased the product.

I'm not saying this isn't a valid point, it is. But thems the breaks when you buy into an alpha from a first time, one man developer, there is a chance he will not perform to your expectation. Don't want to take that chance? Don't buy a game while it's in Alpha.

If I got burned on my cash, I can deal because I knew what I was buying into, and honestly I've easily gotten my money's worth out of the game already. But yeah, I get aggravated with the guy's patches sometimes too...

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Well its not like I'm talking about a bug that happened this week, although there were plenty of those. Plus he has released patches that literally made it impossible for anyone to load the game at all. Like you would hit the loading screen and crash. It shows he doesn't at least even load a patch before releasing it.

Don't be melodramatic. You can still play the game. It messes with servers sometimes. SMP is very very much still in development.

And you seem to assume that the error is something that occurs universally, which is rarely how bugs work. Which is the point of having testers like the people playing the game.

No really a patch released about 3 weeks ago literally made it impossible to load the game at all SSP or SMP. Plus sometimes? You realize any server with any builds of a feasible size have been down for months right? Also the bug affects SSP as well, you don't hear about it as much though because people's SSP structures tend not to be as impressive as SMP ones.

Huh, I logged into the Underdark a few days before Beta killed it, and there were other people.......

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The only part of a human I'll eat is the heart, and that's only to gain courage.

That's not how you consume courage, that's how you eat someone's soul.

Courage is from the gut.

Cinders on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    what is it with you and your old music, ell

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I thought courage was the balls

Elendil on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well its not like I'm talking about a bug that happened this week, although there were plenty of those. Plus he has released patches that literally made it impossible for anyone to load the game at all. Like you would hit the loading screen and crash. It shows he doesn't at least even load a patch before releasing it.

Don't be melodramatic. You can still play the game. It messes with servers sometimes. SMP is very very much still in development.

And you seem to assume that the error is something that occurs universally, which is rarely how bugs work. Which is the point of having testers like the people playing the game.

No really a patch released about 3 weeks ago literally made it impossible to load the game at all SSP or SMP. Plus sometimes? You realize any server with any builds of a feasible size have been down for months right? Also the bug affects SSP as well, you don't hear about it as much though because people's SSP structures tend not to be as impressive as SMP ones.

Huh, I logged into the Underdark a few days before Beta killed it, and there were other people.......

That patch was already fixed. Like I said it was 3 weeks ago. As I'm stating though it shows that he doesn't even load his code before releasing it.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Silas your AV made me want to post this:
    mario comix

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I don't understand why this is so hard, you pay a discount to get to play with the game in an unfinished state, while possibly also lending the developer monetary support to continue developing a game you like. There are going to be negative things that implicitly come with that relationship, one of those meaning dealing with game breaking bugs and bad releases.

If the game hits release and he's still futzing about and breaking the game all the time, sure, complain away, but jesus..it just went into beta this week.

God knows nothing makes me feel more confident about a release then a failure to fix bugs that make it unplayable for people who have already purchased the product.

I'm not saying this isn't a valid point, it is. But thems the breaks when you buy into an alpha from a first time, one man developer, there is a chance he will not perform to your expectation. Don't want to take that chance? Don't buy a game while it's in Alpha.

If I got burned on my cash, I can deal because I knew what I was buying into, and honestly I've easily gotten my money's worth out of the game already. But yeah, I get aggravated with the guy's patches sometimes too...

So then what exactly are you saying? I'm really at a loss?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Man I really like when people passively assault someone elses opinion with group think and imply the other person is dumb. Thats my favorite.

A lot of people disagree with this opinion, man. A lot of smart people.

A lot of smart people disagreed with abolition too Senj. Scientists even.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    The only part of a human I'll eat is the heart, and that's only to gain courage.

That's not how you consume courage, that's how you eat someone's soul.

Courage is from the gut.

Well then I've got some eating to do.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That image host is blocked at work, sadly.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Ahh yes the memorable red x.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gonna go eat a thing. Maybe finish this damn afghan. Dyr better like it.

Try to be good to each other, [chat]. <3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WHERE IS MILA KUNIS

Elendil on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Man I really like when people passively assault someone elses opinion with group think and imply the other person is dumb. Thats my favorite.

A lot of smart people disagreed with slavery too Kagera. Scientists even.

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just saw the end of The Others.

I wish I didn't.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I also enjoy hearing 1 man developer and indie constantly used in these discussions. Especially when he has a team of people working for him, albeit he hired them to create another game instead of working on this one, and he himself admits to not really being indie anymore but prefers the term.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »

A lot of smart people disagreed with the holocaust too Eddy. Bankers even.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

A lot of smart people disagreed with where this quote tree was going Edd. Scientists even.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I thought courage was the balls

it was a really good show, wasn't it?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I called the end of the others so early

and then went "nah that's such a rip off of that other movie, you know the one."

boy was I surprised.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

and then went "nah that's such a rip off of that other movie, you know the one."

boy was I surprised.

what a tweest

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

boy was I surprised.

It's like The Sixth Sense got drunk and ended up in bed with Silent Hill 2.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I also enjoy hearing 1 man developer and indie constantly used in these discussions. Especially when he has a team of people working for him, albeit he hired them to create another game instead of working on this one, and he himself admits to not really being indie anymore but prefers the term.

Which publisher bought him?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2010

boy was I surprised.

Yeah I was like "No way could a movie done a year after the sixth sense rip it off so badly." Oh but I was wrong, so very wrong.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All I'm saying is that sometimes public derision is a good thing. Sometimes it's bad. It's not all one way or another

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elendil drink less caffeine please.

• Options
    edited December 2010

boy was I surprised.

It's like The Sixth Sense got drunk and ended up in bed with Silent Hill 2.

Well that explain how Nicole Kidman wound up with Keith Urban.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

He can be his own publisher. You realize every company not owned by EA and Activision aren't indie right?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

no

never

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2010

no

never

You are the worst El

• Options
    edited December 2010

He can be his own publisher. You realize every company not owned by EA and Activision aren't indie right?

Well no, because by definition they kind of are?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All I'm saying is that sometimes public derision is a good thing. Sometimes it's bad. It's not all one way or another

"I think Murder is wrong, sometimes, maybe."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It isn't indie if you get PA'd.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How could you think of murdering Hitler, man? He doesn't deserve your hate

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's the equivalent of being on the cover of Rolling Stone for a band.

You're mainstream now kid.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    mario comix

so good

come back to us, KC green :(

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

"I think Murder is wrong, sometimes, maybe."

That seems like a fair statement, though.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

no

never

You are the worst El

I thought Mello was the worst L.

I regret nothing.

RMS Oceanic on