Options

Is Assassin's Creed for the PS3 like really bad?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
In a nutshell: My Xbox 360 is broken. I have a PS3. I have a really good PC. I 100%-ed Assassin's Creed II on the PC and it looked amazing and worked perfectly with the Xbox 360 controller.

AssBro is on sale today for $34.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 at Best Buy. I am hungering to play it. I know it is coming out on PC in "Q1 2011" but that could mean anything from Saturday to like twelve Saturdays from Saturday.

Is there sufficient reason not to give in to my impatient temptations to buy AssBro for the PS3?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nope it's pretty wonderful!

I get occasional slowdowns when going through a particularly busy part of Rome on a horse but that's it really

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    No. Get it.

You might have had some problems getting used to the controls switching from KBAM but you won't have that problem, of course. It's the same game on both. The only question is of your friends list - the multiplayer is great and works really well with voice chat, so if you don't have as full a roster as you do on PC it'll be slightly diminished. The single-player is fantastic, though, and I'd recommend it on any platform. It really comes down to how comfortable you are with the DS3.

Also, I'm a little surprised that you're not complaining about Ubisoft's DRM, but that's a separate thing entirely.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I haven't encountered any bad performance on my company. Runs great!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    No. Get it.

You might have had some problems getting used to the controls switching from KBAM but you won't have that problem, of course. It's the same game on both. The only question is of your friends list - the multiplayer is great and works really well with voice chat, so if you don't have as full a roster as you do on PC it'll be slightly diminished. The single-player is fantastic, though, and I'd recommend it on any platform. It really comes down to how comfortable you are with the DS3.

Also, I'm a little surprised that you're not complaining about Ubisoft's DRM, but that's a separate thing entirely.

Actually I used a wired Xbox 360 controller on the PC. And I beat AC1 on the Xbox 360. So I'd be going from Xbox 360 controller to Dual Shock 3 which worries me a bit but not that badly.

The DRM in AC2 PC is reprehensible but the game was sooooo good I admit I forgot to get too upset about it. My play was never affected by it. I know that's not the point but what can I say?

Drez on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    No. Get it.

Actually I used a wired Xbox 360 controller on the PC. And I beat AC1 on the Xbox 360. So I'd be going from Xbox 360 controller to Dual Shock 3 which worries me a bit but not that badly.

Yes, I know, I said that. :)

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    No. Get it.

Yes, I know, I said that. :)

Whoops! I misread.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I went ahead and bought it, along with Community Season Uno.

$50 well spent. (I hope!)

Ironically (?), Assassin's Creed II is what broke my Xbox 360 in the first place, a little over a year ago. Bought it on sale...erp, I think last Christmas. I just hope my PS3 doesn't suffer the same fate from AssBro.

Drez on
  • Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm kind of in a same place as you. I beat AC2 a month ago on my 360 and then got ACBro for Christmas for PS3. I was worried about the controller change, as well as performance on the PS3. Neither concern was validated. The game plays great and there don't seem to be any performance hitches.

Ohio on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I've gotten a bit into it and I have no complaints.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice!

Drez on
  • Options
    OhioOhio Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow. After playing this a bit more last night and getting into Rome, the performance tanked. It was so bad I thought there was something wrong with my (brand new) PS3. We're talking sub 20 fps here.

Ohio on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There might be something wrong with your PS3, I haven't encountered anything like that at all.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png