As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cheapest way to buy Tahitian Treat Soda?

Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I friend of mine when he was a kid, really loved Tahitian Treat soda. He has wanted to try it again recently, but has not been able to find a cheap way of buying some. He has even tried to contact the company that makes it, but they are not even sure it is still around (really bad customer relations, they even spelled the name of their own product wrong).

Anyway, the only place I've seen to buy it is amazon.com, but it comes out to something ridiculous like over $40 bucks for 2 12 packs.

If anyone knows a cheap, quick way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Steam
Xbox Live: Kunohara
Racist Joke on

• Options
    reddeathreddeath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This is pretty much the only soda I still regularly drink. You can occasionally find it at grocery stores *(I can only get it in the hood in cleveland) but typically not in like a giant eagle/albertsons. Safeway(which I used to go to in washington state) had it, They also tend to have it at gas stations in 20oz bottles, notably I've seen it at citgo and sunoco stations.

Other than that, pretty much you'll be stuck ordering 12 packs off the net for 12 bucks, unless you can find a way to order direct from canada dry. But hey, at least it still exists, unlike my favorite soda, OK soda, which I'm forced to approximate if I get the urge to drink it, by mixing a swill of coca-cola and orange.

reddeath on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    reddeath wrote: »
    This is pretty much the only soda I still regularly drink. You can occasionally find it at grocery stores *(I can only get it in the hood in cleveland) but typically not in like a giant eagle/albertsons. Safeway(which I used to go to in washington state) had it, They also tend to have it at gas stations in 20oz bottles, notably I've seen it at citgo and sunoco stations.

Other than that, pretty much you'll be stuck ordering 12 packs off the net for 12 bucks, unless you can find a way to order direct from canada dry. But hey, at least it still exists, unlike my favorite soda, OK soda, which I'm forced to approximate if I get the urge to drink it, by mixing a swill of coca-cola and orange.

Forgot to mention that I live in Toronto, Canada. No stores sell it here. So I pretty much have to order it from somewhere.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    reddeathreddeath Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    According to the wiki article in C-land it was renamed and sold as 'fruit frenzy', best bet is probly to check a few bodegas(do you guys have bodegas in Canada?) or convenience stores, maybe a novelty candy shop.

It's probably still gonna be a buck a can at cheapest though.

reddeath on
  • Options
    I_SPY227I_SPY227 Registered User new member
    i found "The Real Deal" Tahitian Treat. can be purchased in single 355ml cans in Pickering, Ontario, Canada. I bought 6 cans.

• Options
    I_SPY227I_SPY227 Registered User new member
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Damn....I got got.

Cabezone on
This discussion has been closed.