Options

[Space Wars] The Next Generation

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That kind of bothered me too.
    I mean, unless their senate was pretty much exactly like ours, two parties where one controls almost the entire thing, I don't get how everyone in the senate would immediately go "hey, this guy is pretty cool. Let's give him ALL of our power! I don't see what could possibly be wrong with doing this!"

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That kind of bothered me too.
    I mean, unless their senate was pretty much exactly like ours, two parties where one controls almost the entire thing, I don't get how everyone in the senate would immediately go "hey, this guy is pretty cool. Let's give him ALL of our power! I don't see what could possibly be wrong with doing this!"

I think the implication is that he had been maneuvering for this moment for some time with bribes and blackmail and other nefarious crap.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    But, again, we never saw that or anything.
    All we saw was "Sure! You want total, complete, and absolute control of everything? You got it!"

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    skip to 1:38 if you can't stand this

this is why he made the prequels

Alegis on
  • Options
    kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I'm thinking of starting up the KotoR line of trade paperbacks. I was wondering if anyone had read them and wanted to share their opinions regarding the series.

kfrooster on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh fuck we're reviewing the review of the review of TPM.

"They've gone to plaid!"

:rotate:

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    still waiting for Lucas to announce a new trilogy based on the Kotor universe (because everything else is either beyond repair or wasn't that good to begin with)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    still waiting for Lucas to announce a new trilogy based on the Kotor universe (because everything else is either beyond repair or wasn't that good to begin with)

I'd prefer Lucas not direct more Star Wars. I wouldn't mind seeing Spielberg take a crack at it, provided he wasn't involved in scripting it (Spielberg's scripts tend to get away from him a little to often IMO).

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Resisting the urge so post so hard right now.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

I'd prefer Lucas not direct more Star Wars. I wouldn't mind seeing Spielberg take a crack at it, provided he wasn't involved in scripting it (Spielberg's scripts tend to get away from him a little to often IMO).

I would like every credit on a movie that Lucas has from now until his death to be "Guy Who Is Contractually Obligated To Only Speak If His Sentence Begins With 'Ignore me if you want, but wouldn't it be cool if' "

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've got a question that's been spinning in the back of me head for a while now.

In the CGI Clone Wars show they're doing right now, Anakin has a padawan named Ahsoka. Whatever happened to her in Episode 3? Is she gonna get killed by all the clone troopers following Order 666? Or does Anakin kill her?

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Looking at the Adywan changelog for A New Hope
    # Re-edited the lightsabre duel to give it a faster pace

Uhmm ... what? This worries me enough that it deters me from using the edit in a SW marathon.

Alegis on
  • Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Looking at the Adywan changelog for A New Hope
    # Re-edited the lightsabre duel to give it a faster pace

Uhmm ... what? This worries me enough that it deters me from using the edit in a SW marathon.

Maybe the backflips he added in for Obi-Wan didn't have enough pop at normal speed.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've got a question that's been spinning in the back of me head for a while now.

In the CGI Clone Wars show they're doing right now, Anakin has a padawan named Ahsoka. Whatever happened to her in Episode 3? Is she gonna get killed by all the clone troopers following Order 666? Or does Anakin kill her?

Who cares?

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Goddammit people stop editing the OT it was fine as it was even when I can see the boxes around the fighters.

ARRGH I HATE YOU ALL

Kagera on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    in general the adywan edit felt weirdly fast for me, like stuff wasn't given enough time to breathe

maybe that's a problem in ANH too but it's been a while since I've seen it so I dunno

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Best guess, she dies before the movie.

There are some that think she might just up and leave the Order before it as well.

I mean you can't kill the poor lil girl Jedi or else the kiddies are going to be shocked right?

In other words most likely they got no freaking idea and are making it up as they go along.

Cade on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cade wrote: »

There are some that think she might just up and leave the Order before it as well.

I mean you can't kill the poor lil girl Jedi or else the kiddies are going to be shocked right?

In other words most likely they got no freaking idea and are making it up as they go along.

But there were [strike]children[/strike] younglings killed in ROTS.

I mean, yeah it's a heavier movie but any kids watching Clone Wars would have had to see the movies by now...

Kagera on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, it seems like it'd be pretty traumatic if they ended the show with her getting slaughtered and all.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Yeah, it seems like it'd be pretty traumatic if they ended the show with her getting slaughtered and all.

Could just have her die in the process of saving Anakin. Giving it great emotional weight in the moment but leaving the audience knowing she was better off having let him die.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh god really? Han says "See you in Hell" in ESB and you just HAVE to retcon hell into an in-universe concept?

Jesus..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos

Kagera on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow, that's a new low for the EU.

And that's saying something.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ESB changelog
    # Dubbed Han Solo's "See you in Hell!" line with "See you in Chaos!"

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ESB changelog

You realize what we're missing here right?

Holy shit a Star Wars/Warhammer 40k crossover series!

Kagera on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fan-fiction has poisoned that potential genre for all time!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Whoever is in charge of that adywan edit has no sense of color.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »

I mean, yeah it's a heavier movie but any kids watching Clone Wars would have had to see the movies by now...

I always thought there should be a special edition where the camera doesn't cut away when he goes on his child murder spree

because...they kinda gloss over the wanton slaughter of children... They kind of gloss over how the emperor got him to do it as well, seeing as 5 seconds ago he almost let the emperor die and was really on the fence about the whole "Becoming sith" thing.

override367 on
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ESB changelog

I would watch/read such a thing. I would watch it so hard.

In fact, in one of my old White Dwarf magazines, there was a guy who'd made a 'Star Warsy' Imperial Guard army. All the vehicle pilots/driver wore orange jumpsuits, there was one commander with a blue power sword (Luke) and another with a plasma pistol dressed like Han; and all the soldiers were painted like the Rebels on the Tantive IV

So awesome.

Nechriah on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ESB changelog

Refer to sig (that I stole from someone but I don't remember where)!!!

So Papa Palpatine is sitting around his throne on Coruscant, bribing (or whatever) his way to the top. Suddenly, a figure appears, and asks him, "so, I hear you like power...."

L Ron Howard on
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nechriah wrote: »
    ESB changelog

I would watch/read such a thing. I would watch it so hard.

In fact, in one of my old White Dwarf magazines, there was a guy who'd made a 'Star Warsy' Imperial Guard army. All the vehicle pilots/driver wore orange jumpsuits, there was one commander with a blue power sword (Luke) and another with a plasma pistol dressed like Han; and all the soldiers were painted like the Rebels on the Tantive IV

So awesome.

My brother did a star wars Necromunda gang, he trawled through their entire back catalog for models that could pass as Star wars guys, including converting a Greater Demon of Nurgle into Jabba the Hutt, who he gave a big machine gun.

GaryO on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

I always thought there should be a special edition where the camera doesn't cut away when he goes on his child murder spree

because...they kinda gloss over the wanton slaughter of children... They kind of gloss over how the emperor got him to do it as well, seeing as 5 seconds ago he almost let the emperor die and was really on the fence about the whole "Becoming sith" thing.

yes obviously what ROTS needed was a more explicit and graphic version of the scene where children are slaughtered en masse

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That scene was absolute perfection - all that needs to be said is in the child's uncontrolled physical reaction to the lightsaber igniting.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This might be unfair to criticize considering it's a kid but I thought the childs reaction was poorly done.

Cade on
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Really? Like, he didn't react enough? He should have screamed or something? I thought his sudden, involuntary motion said all that needed to be said.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Reminded me of a first take.

*Shrugs*

But then like I said it probably is nitpicking and considering Lucas could hardly get a good performance out of anyone can't really expect much out of a little kid.

Cade on
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    That little kid probably has the best acting in the entire movie aside from Obi-Wan's actual pleading anger on Mustafar.

President Rex on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The kid should be so used to lightsabers by now it should be like a guy randomly honking his horn.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Couscous wrote: »
    The kid should be so used to lightsabers by now it should be like a guy randomly honking his horn.

Yeah, the temple's getting attacked, a dark, silent figure comes into the room.

Wait, it's Anakin, he's a Jedi!

But wait, he has a deadly stare and doesn't respond to you. Suddenly he activates his lightsaber.

Yeah, just normal ol' good times.

Hell, forget the fact that they are force sensitive and can feel the dark side creeping in him.

Kagera on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Palpatine made all the Jedi retarded so they shouldn't be able to sense it.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Couscous wrote: »
    Palpatine made all the Jedi retarded so they shouldn't be able to sense it.

Well I mean he did kinda have a pedo stare. They probably learned about space pedos.

Kagera on