Options

Soy Un [Chat]edor

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    When Obama started his term, Dow was at 7000. Now it is at 12000. Yay, Obama!

This is just windfall from Bush.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Must not stab potential customers in the eye. Must not stab potential customers in the eye. Must not stab potential customers in the eye. Must not stab potential customers in the eye. Must not stab potential customers in the eye. Must not stab potential customers in the eye.

Why are they tempting you?

I'm telling them that our software isn't a good fit with what they want to do. They seem to be under the belief that I'm lying to them. It's an idea I don't understand but run into a lot.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heh.

BBC interviewed American tourists in Egypt who are huddled in their hotel room, then immediately followed it up with an interview with a pair of British pensioners in swimwear.

japan on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

Truth be told, the Dow was worth about 12000 all along. There will be papers that realign our understanding of markets and market behavior in the next decade or so. The last 2-3 years have made an unbelievable case for behavioral finance. I don't really see how anyone can cling to the old-guard ideas anymore.

old guard ideas like outright fraud?

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    ITT we learn that Americanized Jews start turning Israeli-jingoist in less than a week after visiting the motherland.

wat

i've always been an israeli xenophobe

down with arabs and persians

etc

Organichu on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This is just windfall from Bush.

Yay, Bush!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

Truth be told, the Dow was worth about 12000 all along. There will be papers that realign our understanding of markets and market behavior in the next decade or so. The last 2-3 years have made an unbelievable case for behavioral finance. I don't really see how anyone can cling to the old-guard ideas anymore.

old guard ideas like outright fraud?

its not our fault you plebes are stupid and weak

P.S. give me more of your money

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    japan wrote: »
    Heh.

BBC interviewed American tourists in Egypt who are huddled in their hotel room, then immediately followed it up with an interview with a pair of British pensioners in swimwear.

Whats that old chap the locals are in revolt? I do say I hope it doesn't interfere with our cricket game. Oh dear look at the time I wonder if tea is ready. cheerio.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heh.

Whats that old chap the locals are in revolt? I do say I hope it doesn't interfere with our cricket game. Oh dear look at the time I wonder if tea is ready. cheerio.

You failed to use wog.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Heh.

1/10 for lack of "pip pip"

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011

what are you going to be doing at your job? when do you start?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Jeep, Rifts is WoW 1.5. It has a lot of similar elements like combat/abilities, loot system, leveling through quest, battlegrounds(called warfronts) and the break between contested and owned zones on open pvp servers. It also pulls from Warhammer Online and other mmos as well. The biggest one is the Rift events. Which can be set off by players at rips in space or happen on there own every 15 to 20 minutes or so. This is basically the big selling point.

A rift event basically portals to a different plane of existence open all over the zone and players have to fight and shut them. If they don't armies of mobs come out and head for the ward stones which are basically in towns and hubs. If they break the ward stone they get control and players have to wrest control from them. These events are worth a lot of experience, give you currency to buy high quality gear and drop artifacts which are used for collections and more gear stuff and kind of fun. The rifts themselves are based on how many people are in the area. They range from minor events which you solo to major which takes basically a raid. This also has an open group system, so you enter an event area, press a button and everyone who does goes into the same raid. Its a really nice system.

The class system is also unique. You start with a role. Warrior, Cleric, Mage or Rogue. From there you choose your souls. You can have 3 souls active. These give you your abilities. This in many ways is your spec but each soul is like its own class. You start with 3 souls, you get quest around level 10 or so to unlock the other souls. You can have up to 4 sets of souls known roles. Now for group roles each of the roles can do up to 3 of the different groups roles:Support, heal, tank, dps. And most do dps while doing the other three. So you can be a rogue tank, a rogue healer or a rogue dps. The rogue healer is support as a bard but they can heal as well. Warriors can tank, support and dps. Mages can heal, dps and support. Clerics tank, dps and heal. Of course they can support as well with buffs and debuffs. So basically if you wanted a cleric in chain and a shield to tank a boss you can be that cleric. If you wanted to rogue tank a dungeon go ahead. Wanted your clothy mage to heal, you can do that. And how the soul system works you can really build your class how you like using your three soul choices. Leads to a lot of customization.

Now on looks. The world is gorgeous. The first dungeon has you fighting through 4 seasons of the fae court. So spring is green and fresh, summer is warm and more yellow, then autumn with the colors of fall and the final winter part which is you fighting through a blizzard. The dungeon wasn't super hard when I did it. To show off the role system I did it as a Necromancer. Which is a pet dps mage soul. And a lot of fun. But my secondary soul was chloromancer which is the healing soul. The third soul was the Archon a debuff soul. I could debuff the enemy, set up my pets buffs for dps and then off heal on boss fights our cleric tank. And the necro has off healing abilities to top with my choloromancer. So I could dps, debuff and heal all at the same time.

I agree the animations are kind of meh. The dances are hilariously bad. The variance of armor graphics is bleh. Those are some of my biggest complaints. Also for some reason plate needs to be the armor bikini on women as it goes up but my cloth armor is basically a huge bathrobe. Basically the more armor the less armor covers you as a women. Its weird.

Those are my thoughts though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    think I might go to the bar with this on tonight :D

get some sympathy :P

Daxon the worlds net Ted bundy

"After more than a decade of vigorous denials, he eventually confessed to over 30 murders, although the actual total of victims remains unknown. Estimates range from 26 to over 100, the general estimate being 35. Typically, Bundy would bludgeon his victims, then strangle them to death. He also engaged in rape and necrophilia."

Sorry what?

Daxon on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011

"After more than a decade of vigorous denials, he eventually confessed to over 30 murders, although the actual total of victims remains unknown. Estimates range from 26 to over 100, the general estimate being 35. Typically, Bundy would bludgeon his victims, then strangle them to death. He also engaged in rape and necrophilia."

Sorry what?

He meant Al Bundy.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »

what are you going to be doing at your job? when do you start?

Same stuff as the summer, model building and deal-making. just let off the leash more and given some more complicated things to manage.

Today.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Heh.

To be fair it was because the Americans were in Cairo and the Brits were in Sharm-el-Sheikh.

I did get a bit of a laugh out of their comment about how "lovely and quiet" it was.

japan on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Sorry what?

he picked up ladies by faking an injury

Elendil on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Sorry what?

Bundy was known for luring women by wearing a fake cast Daxon.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also Dyna you missed it on Saturday.

I had no idea Houston had such a high concentration of millionaires.

where is my rolleyes smiley

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »

Sorry what?

Bundy was known for luring women by wearing a fake cast Daxon.

Common misconception. He did it by being the greatest football player in the history of Polk High.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    god daxon don't you know anything about serial killers

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    3 touchdowns in one game

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    3 touchdowns in one game

I think it was 4 nexus. Obviously you are not a polk high grad.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have to go to the bathroom but what if I go and the tv gets here

I better just go in the corner

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    3 touchdowns in one game

Shame. You bring shame upon us all.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i was listening to something about japan's terrible debt situation, and the ending line is this:
    "Let's hope Japan is like Lindsay Lohan from the perspective of the casual drinker: Not an inevitability, but a cautionary tale of where things can go when they get out of hand."

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    3 touchdowns in one game

Andrew Johnson High sucks!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

And then the UPS guy didn't get there until 9pm.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Britain tends to mythologise thieves rather than murderers.

Or people like Charlie Bronson, who is basically a violent attention whore.

EDIT:
    On 12 November 2010, Bronson was involved in another incident in Wakefield prison’s F Wing, when he stripped naked, covered himself in butter and attacked six guards. Covering himself with butter apparently made him harder to control. Another six warders were brought in and finally restrained him.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I have failed you all

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    3 touchdowns in one game

Andrew Johnson High sucks!

Not as bad as Buchanan High!

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Sorry what?

He meant Al Bundy.

Thank fuck for that, thought it was a bit harsh.

Daxon on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    pfft peanuts schmenuts
    they used to have meals on planes

... they still do?

pfftt this tiny box lunch that i have to pay for is no meal at all

Having the price of the meal and drinks not included is a function of you now making use of low-cost airlines. BA and the like still provide meals.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I have failed you all

Still a classy dude.

And also a good evening.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

One time I waited all day for UPS to show up with my new computer. I stepped out to go to the bathroom for a minute and came back to see the truck driving off. Missed delivery notice on the door to the building. It happens.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Sorry what?

He meant Al Bundy.

I met a girl who's mom dated Ted Bundy for a little bit

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Sorry what?

He meant Al Bundy.

Thank fuck for that, thought it was a bit harsh.

No, Daxon, he did not mean Al Bundy.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

My dad's sister dated the green river killer way back in the day.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Also Dyna you missed it on Saturday.

I had no idea Houston had such a high concentration of millionaires.

where is my rolleyes smiley

yeah, you didn't answer my question about what a 30k millionaire is. it is a new phrase to me.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

My dad's sister dated the green river killer way back in the day.

I once had casual sex with Son of Sam.

Donkey Kong on
This discussion has been closed.