As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Browser Recommendations?

124»

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I use Chrome for general browsing.

I use FireFox for work relatedstuff.

Hardly ever use Internet Explorer.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I install IE9, it breaks GFWL and I can't play Dead Rising 2 or any other GFWL games.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    IE9 RC-1 was released today and it features several improvements. It's really worth checking out.

http://www.beautyoftheweb.com/

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't have a PC but a good man who I respect and trust used IE9 and he said it was serious business.

That's good enough for me.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone else noticed that Opera has a little bit of delay between hitting enter at the home page and a new tab popping up? Memory issue, I guess? I didn't have it when I installed it.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I won't install IE9 RC1 because IE9 breaks GFWL.

Or, maybe, GFWL gets broken by IE9.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My high opinion of Opera has lowered somewhat. Javascript errors fucking up the whole 'back' function is avoidable, but still kind of disappointing.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As much as I love Opera, not actually being able to use eBay because of some bizarre inability to follow eBay's JS is really getting on my nerves.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In Opera's defense JS is a big damn mess that's over used.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    dorian graphdorian graph Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I absolutely love Opera. By the way, Ebay works fine for me (?). I swear Opera was built for me with all the little idiosyncrasies built into it like middle clicking on the tab bar for to open a new tab, ctrl+z to open closed tabs, the right-click context menu (Dictionary, search, etc), and so on. I do prefer how Chrome syncs though, much better than Opera Link.

I try Chrome and like it.. and then go back to Opera.. IE9 seems nice.. but then back again. FF feels like a joke to me now, he's the best friend I had in high school who I run into every now and then who is a raging alcoholic who looks like he's been dragged through hell and back - by his current girlfriend - but is always trying to 'improve' and be like others.

But, anyone have a working Adblock for Opera? None of the extensions work for me..

dorian graph on
  • Options
    Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    But, anyone have a working Adblock for Opera? None of the extensions work for me..

Does the built-in blocker not cut it for you? It's served me pretty well, although having JS turned off might contribute to that. I did browse the extension list for a bit, out of curiosity, but didn't find anything that seemed especially worthwhile.

Quake Matt on
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I've been using Fanboy's urlfilter.ini for like forever. Works well enough, even if it's not an extension.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fixed my eBay and Facebook woes. Turned out NoAds was screwing up eBay, and the bizarrely un-updated version of Redirect to HTTPS was causing the mixing up of all the links on Facebook.

So, yeah... NoAds isn't that great and is ultimately unnecessary, anyway. I saw no difference between that and using the in-built filter (which is great for everything except most text ads).

Cyvros on
  • Options
    CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just started using Chrome a few weeks ago, and I'm really loving the speed so far. I've got a couple extensions, but what are some essential extensions I should be using?

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cyvros wrote: »
    So, yeah... NoAds isn't that great and is ultimately unnecessary, anyway. I saw no difference between that and using the in-built filter (which is great for everything except most text ads).
    I know I managed to make it even block Google's text ads once. I think those are generated with javascript, so I probably just accidentally created a rule that blocked it.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png