As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Case dimensions

DramDram Old SaltRegistered User regular
Righto lads.
I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card from my current Gigabyte HD 5770 (Yes, the fan looks like the Batmobile. Awesome.) to a 6970 or 6870. Now I've been trying to find info on the interior dimensions of my case, so I'll know for certain if one of those cards will even be able to fit. Specifically I'm looking for information on the amount of space I have between the back of the case and the HDD bays. I've been looking for a few days and have found nothing. Anything I have found has been on slightly different models, like the CM690 Advanced

My case is a CM690 deluxe. Basically exactly the same model as this one.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Much obliged.

Dram on

• Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [strike]I can't answer the question with certainty, but AFAIK the 5770s aren't particularly long cards so I wouldn't worry. I have one in a similar sized case and I've got a good 10cm clearance between the card and the HDD bays.[/strike] Brainfart.

It will definitely fit. Unless you go for a 6990, sizes are generally reasonable.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This may seem very assholish of me, but have you tried just using a tape measure and measuring your case then comparing those dimensions with those listed for the card?

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It'll fit.

Azio on