Options

Parking?

ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in PAX Archive
I was checking out the Penny Arcade google map here: http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman/viewit.html and I noticed that the parking at the convention center is $24 a day and that it closes at midnight.... does this mean if you don't leave before midnight your car gets locked in for the night?

Also does anyone know of any nearby parking garages/lots that are cheaper?

Zyzzyvas on

• Options
    teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think My crew is just going to use the parking at the hotel, its right there, and pretty much cab if we have to go far, which I doubt.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Street parking is free after 6 pm, and all day sunday.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    person34person34 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also there are parking lots all around the area as well, though probably not as reputable.

Another thing to think about is the bus system. In Seattle, its amazing and free as long as youre within the city and before a certain time I think. So dont be afraid to use the bus for your mode of transportation as you can pretty much get a bus from anywhere to close enough to the Convention Center to where you could walk.

person34 on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The PAX Google Earth Map (but not the webpage version yet) has info on all local parking facilities, grace à BigRed, who froze his ass off to get them.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sadly there is no cheap parking around :(
    Although across from gameworks and the wsctc theres a 24h parking garage thats the same price as the wsctc parking.

If you are staying until closing I sugguest you use that if you have to park in seattle.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Street parking is free after 6pm, but a pain to find... if you're not from Seattle you probably won't want to be driving all over getting lost looking for it.

Finding a lot far away and taking the bus is always an option, but make sure to find the right route & check times... especially for the late night routes.... again a hassle if you're from out of town.

Best bet would be to use hotel provided parking (if its not free it should certainly be cheaper) or just bite the bullet and pay for the conveinence of a close lot thats open 24 hours.

nearlysober on
  • Options
    padmeamandapadmeamanda Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If bus schedules coincide with your arrival/departure times to and from the convention, I highly recommend just driving to a park & ride and taking a bus downtown. There are lots of choices of busses from park & rides and pretty much all of the downtown busses go straight through the city (down 5th or 4th) and will get you there easily. If you're coming from the north, there's a P&R off of the Greenlake 65th Street exit. From the east side (north), there's Houghton P&R, from the south-east side there's a P&R off exit 9 on I-405. Or just go to the King County Metro website and plot your route from your door to the convention center. :)

padmeamanda on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    When I was walking by the convention center today I saw a sign that said $17 overnight parking. It was on the west corner of the convention center access to it was off Pine.

atray on
This discussion has been closed.