As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NEW VENUE: Get Wild with SFX-360, 2old2play and Emminentt at Gamers Gone Wild

• Options
    ZiggoZiggo Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Deleted

Ziggo on
    We aren't the beginning, nor the end, but we can sure as hell make a difference if we try.
  • Options
    LugeLuge Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I will definitely be coming to this and now am even more excited about going to PAX and meeting other gamers! How does one acquire a VIP pass?

Luge on
  • Options
    Sm1ttySm1tSm1ttySm1t Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Luge wrote: »
    I will definitely be coming to this and now am even more excited about going to PAX and meeting other gamers! How does one acquire a VIP pass?

@DerekNolan is giving away some VIP passes! Check his Twitter feed to learn how to qualify.

Sm1ttySm1t on
  • Options
    sofreshsodarrylsofreshsodarryl East 2011 Omeganaut Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I missed this event last year but I will definitely make it this year!

Does anyone know if there will be a limited menu for drinks?

sofreshsodarryl on
  • Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I missed this event last year but I will definitely make it this year!

Does anyone know if there will be a limited menu for drinks?

Boston bars are usually very well stocked. MKT brands itself as a "cocktail lounge", so expect them to have just about everything except more unusual stuff like absinthe and some bitters.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    FalloutgirlFalloutgirl Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I'll be there!

Falloutgirl on
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This might end up being one of my favorite events!

cynthetic on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Luge wrote: »

Alright folks... I've been getting this question quite a bit as of late....

In short, we have 5 VIP Badges to give away.

All you have to do to acquire one?

Find 7 SFX Staff members at PAX, get their signatures.

Find Ross "Pallidian" Furman, Owner, Founder, and Bossman of SFX-360 and show him the signatures.

IF you are one of the first five people to do this....

CONGRATULATIONS, A VIP BADGE IS YOURS

Pro Tip: Im the Assistant Professor For Team Red Group 1 on the pokecrawl..... So thats an easy way to get a signature.

(I will accept bribes of booze for my signature that evening, so long as it isnt a signature on your bill)

(I will also just give your my autograph without the booze, but you cant blame me for trying)

More information on the Gamers Gone Wild VIP Badge Scavenger Hunt can be found here

http://sfx-360.com/newsite/03/sfx-360%E2%80%99s-gamers-gone-wild-vip-scavenger-hunt-contest/

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    VjplatinumVjplatinum Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    It'z Vjplatinummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Let me say now, I will be rocking my butt off wit my peeps @ GGW!

I'll be giving away MSP, PSN cards, Free Games (KZ 3, Ded Space 2, yeh the new stuff!) at Pax; And I just might bring a little swag with me to the party....

Yeah, I Definately will!

Who wants a free copy of Fight Night Championship or Killzone 3 just for attending GGW?

Talk to my Homie in PR @ZeroHourHero w/ SFX-360. (Sure a small contest could be worked out)

@ZeroHourHero, I'm looking forward to hanging out with ya! Not sure on the signatures though, lol. I'd probably roll in as num #67, lol.

Vjplatinum on
  • Options
    MahonayMahonay Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I will likely swing by. I'm very familiar with 2old2play being a member of seasonedgamers.com (another community catered toward mature gamers). Either way I was looking for places to party at the end of the night. This looks like as good as one as any.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    WaterbornWaterborn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just wanted to give folks a few updates regarding this event. Admission is still FREE up until 10pm. We are working with the venue to make arrangements so that if you bring your PAXEast Expo badge, you WILL get in for free, regardless of when you arrive. Unfortunately, the venue will charge anyone who shows up after 10pm without a badge a $10 cover charge. So please remember to wear your badge.

We have also received some questions regarding the dress code for the event. We are currently working with the venue to outline what is appropriate, with the goal of making this as little an issue as possible.

Stay tuned for more updates. I have a large stack of boxes containing SWAG from our various vendors and will be shooting some upboxing videos very soon.

Waterborn on
    http://www.2old2play.com/Blog/Waterborn
    East Coast Correspondent for 2Old2Play.com
  • Options
    FirelanceFirelance Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can I come just to hang out in the developer section?
    (under 21 with press pass)

Firelance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for the heads up Waterborn, appreciate it. I will be showing up probably closer to 11 since I will be sitting in on the Giant Bombcast 9:30 - 10:30p. I'll be sure to wear my badge and see where that gets me. Worse comes to worse I will fork up 10 bucks.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Firelance wrote: »
    Can I come just to hang out in the developer section?
    (under 21 with press pass)

Since it's 21 and over you will probably not be able to get past the front door unfortunately.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Guys: Ross, Waterborn and I are working on a solution for the most recent update. Stay tuned for more detail.s.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I really want to meet some industry people in the developer area. Is there any alternatives?

Firelance on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Challenge the bouncer to a duel?

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Challenge accepted.

Firelance on
  • Options
    FranzFranz Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    These VIP passes of which you speak... does it just put us on a list to not have to wait in line, or do we get access to the kickass second-floor area as well?

Franz on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Challenge accepted.

Boston bouncers are extremely anal regarding ID. Don't even try: I've seen them turn down $50 bribes.

lucazzo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I really want to meet some industry people in the developer area. Is there any alternatives?

Theyre not going to be hiding out in the VIP lounge all night garunteed. Its just a place for them to chill away from the crowd.

Franz wrote: »
    These VIP passes of which you speak... does it just put us on a list to not have to wait in line, or do we get access to the kickass second-floor area as well?

The whole shebang. VIP AREA where the industry folks hang out, EVERYTHING and all of their privileges.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lucazzo wrote: »
    Challenge accepted.

Boston bouncers are extremely anal regarding ID. Don't even try: I've seen them turn down $50 bribes.

That's because the City of Boston Licensing Board is extremely tough on businesses that violate the terms of their liquor license, including serving alcohol to minors. They work regularly with the Boston Police to stage sting operations where undercover cops go to bars/clubs/restaurants and try to get served using fake IDs. One slip up, and the business could lose its ability to sell alcohol, effectively killing revenues. It's no wonder bouncers are so anal.

RDubb on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Living in NYC ID checking is VERY lax. I'm not sure what the penalties are here but apparently it's not enough for half the bars here to bother checking ID. When I'm clean shaven I look pretty damn young and I often don't get carded.

Really though, on top of Boston being strict in general you can be sure at a big event like this they we be on complete lock down. If businesses want to continue to be able to host parties like this for big conventions it's the only smart thing to do. I would make zero sense to try and cater to even a few special cases.

If you're under 21 I'd advise avoiding the clubs like this, you're just going to make the already long lines take longer to get through. It's not helping anyone.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I guess that's why we used to go to Providence, RI when were wanted to drink underage. I'm honestly so glad that's over it was always a hassle (although sometimes the thrill was fun).

Also if you just want to meet some of the developers look for other meetups. I know some companies are having their own meetups after the pax expo floor closes. Two that I know of are Turbine and NCSoft both on friday night.

lillb on
  • Options
    MentalMishapMentalMishap Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't wait for this party, is there a dress code? Or is it okay if I wear this?
    5496773159_e8474d209d_b.jpg

MentalMishap on
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Post used to say no baseball hats, sneakers, athletic apparel, or hooded sweatshirts. Think you're set!

Tuft on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thats... kind of awesome... Thrashball Meets Carmine.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was just on Twitter and came across a few tweets saying the venue for this changed:
    The Gamers Gone Wild Pax East Party Just Got Upgraded To A Bigger Amazing Venue http://173.13.70.20/felt/
    Didn't see anything mentioned here yet

lillb on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yep, I saw that Tweet as well. I was worried what it would be like trying to get in, glad they're getting a bigger venue now. I just REALLY hope it's not farther away.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mahonay wrote: »
    Yep, I saw that Tweet as well. I was worried what it would be like trying to get in, glad they're getting a bigger venue now. I just REALLY hope it's not farther away.

Theyre both around 1 mile away on foot, so the same distance, really. (Note this is the distance from the BCEC front door to the felt front door)

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    1 mile on foot? Does that mean if you're in a car they're magically closer or further? ;P

cynthetic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Duh. You know, feet miles, car miles, Segway miles...

Seriously though glad to hear it's still about a mile away. Thanks for the regular updates.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    cynthetic wrote: »
    1 mile on foot? Does that mean if you're in a car they're magically closer or further? ;P

Actually yes, due to things like one way streets.

The joke you were looking to make would involve an "As The Crow Flies" distance, or the military term "Dead Reckoning"

Mahonay wrote: »
    Duh. You know, feet miles, car miles, Segway miles...

Seriously though glad to hear it's still about a mile away. Thanks for the regular updates.

Dude, not a problem at all, Im a PAXER First and a media guy second. I think of the PAX Community as friends and family, and spend most of my time when I do media stuff trying to do right by you all.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    the new venue looks pretty cool, glad you were able to get one on such short notice

zerzhul on
  • Options
    VjplatinumVjplatinum Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Venue is indeed nice! I was hearing all day at work about changes in the venue. SahWeet!

and to you guys question VIP AND ADMISSION

Trying to slip pass security is like trying to Rock Bottom the Rock, it aint gonna happen!
    If you get in, have fun guys and enjoy... Chances of you sneakng in VIP is as slim a Chris Farley resisting a cookie jar (rest his soul).

Media Badges don't mean much to the club (except entry)
    VIP is exactly what the title calls it. If all media was in there, It'd be a Panel Party. Wouldn't be a good look.

Anywayz.. 5 days away til I'm in Boston... could the clock run just a little faster?

Vjplatinum on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah those dying to get into VIP I really wouldn't worry too much about it. I can guarantee you any industry people trying to escape the crowd would not be thrilled to see random people roaming the VIP area. It would kind of negate the whole thing.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wow, new place looks amazing. Great work guys!! Especially on such short notice. Impressive.

Mahonay on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No offense to anyone, but all the comments about the VIP area are making me think of starting a weekly "dinner and drinks with your local developers: they're actual people!" ;-)

lucazzo on
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is the dress code for Felt being relaxed for the party?

cabsy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    cabsy wrote: »
    Is the dress code for Felt being relaxed for the party?

Yep... No Dress Code.... and wait for it....

NO COVER! Wooo.... PRops to Waterborn, Ross, and SFX's new community Manager SFX-Pink for being generally awesome and making stuff happen while Im on military duty.

ZeroHourHero on