As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Concerts

M374LxH34DM374LxH34D Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in PAX Archive
Are they open to everyone?

also, is there room for everyone or do you have to get a pass or something?

M374LxH34D on

• Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    They are open to anybody who stands in line to get passes. There is not room for everybody, but then also not every PAX attendee goes to the concerts.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Still? Things aren't going to change with it being in a newer larger space?

futility on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Larger space does not mean that all 20000+ people are going to fit into one room. Diffused into the whole convention center is one thing, but I don't think the concert area is going to be too much bigger than last year.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    I've heard rumors of getting as many as 6000 in this year (whereas I believe last year was on the order of 2-3000). Can anybody verify any of these numbers for me?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited May 2007
    We'll be able to get about 5,500 people into the theatre this year, which although is a major improvement from last year, is obviously still not enough to accommodate everyone that attends PAX. Like last year, we'll be using wristbands to try and manage the crowd.

On Friday, the first 4,000 people in line (when the doors to PAX actually open) will receive a wristband to get into the concert later that evening, and the remaining will be distributed throughout the day through various means. This wristband is only good for the Friday concert.

On Saturday, the first 3,000 people in line will receive a wristband to get into the Saturday night concert, with the rest being distributed throughout the day.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    uc4lifeuc4life Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Maybe get some implanted RFID chips, that way you can be sure of the headcount

uc4life on
  • Options
    Venomhp1Venomhp1 Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    How has the demand been for these in past PAX's? This will be my first year at PAX and Optimus Rhyme is my favorite band ever. Will getting into the show be difficult? Will I have to show up hours early to make sure I get a wristband? Can I just pay more money somewhere to ensure my access?

Venomhp1 on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Alternately you can just sit in the BYOC room and listen on vent while watching the wall projection. If you've got a BYOC pass anyways.

Made it much easier to get away and outright turn off when bands were on that I didn't care for.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Venomhp1 wrote: »
    How has the demand been for these in past PAX's? This will be my first year at PAX and Optimus Rhyme is my favorite band ever. Will getting into the show be difficult? Will I have to show up hours early to make sure I get a wristband? Can I just pay more money somewhere to ensure my access?

Your question was already answered in khoos post.

No you cant pay more money to get access.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.