As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Merch Problems

King of KickassKing of Kickass Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
Is anyone else having problems with the amount the PAX east shirts are shrinking? I bought one of the Red "Move, Minor, Standard" shirts in Medium. It fit fine before washing, and now it is comically small. Literally a size small shirt. I'm wondering if anyone else had this sam experience? Also, was anyone else besides me expecting more merch at the store? I really wanted a fruit fucker shirt but they only had sweatshirts. Meh.

King of Kickass on

• Options
    WedgeWedge Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Have you contacted the store directly? http://store.penny-arcade.com/pages/help

As to merch quantity, it looked like they brought a ton more merch than they had last year but it sold out even faster. That's almost impossible to anticipate.

Wedge on
    Give a man fire and he has fire for a day, set a man on fire and he has fire for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is anyone else having problems with the amount the PAX east shirts are shrinking? I bought one of the Red "Move, Minor, Standard" shirts in Medium. It fit fine before washing, and now it is comically small. Literally a size small shirt. I'm wondering if anyone else had this sam experience? Also, was anyone else besides me expecting more merch at the store? I really wanted a fruit fucker shirt but they only had sweatshirts. Meh.

I love the designs of PA's shirts, but the material is rather sucky. I had the same issue with the black Move Minor Standard shirt I got at pax last year, and this year I bought a size up from what I usually wear and it's still a bit tight.

I never had that problem with Threadless or Woot stuff, just with PA. :(

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    yeah, after one incident I always buy a full size up with PA merch.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Mottom24Mottom24 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't think any of the PA merch said "pre-washed" which is something threadless does to avoid shrinking. I did find my PA shirts shrink a bit so the ones I bought from the expo I won't dry in the drier. that is the only way I avoid shrinkage when a shirt doesn't say "pre-washed".

Mottom24 on
  • Options
    NickelEdgeNickelEdge Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    only problem I had was my own, I guess I pick up the shirt from the wrong table or someone put it down in the wrong spot. thought I picked up a mens 2xl but picked up a womans 2xl

NickelEdge on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are you drying it in the dryer or hang drying? I'm guessing dryer and not on tumble, which is a bad idea for cotton.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    f0cusf0cus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sadly, just an issue with shoddy material. I was hoping when they started their own warehouse they'd up the quality, but no dice yet.

f0cus on
    XBox - Angry Cremepuff
    PSN - AngryCremepuff
  • Options
    hardreturnhardreturn Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i really wish they'd move to american apparel shirts or whatever threadless uses for theirs.

hardreturn on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PA uses Gildan for their shirts. I haven't had the problem myself with shrinking, are you using cold water for your washes?

As for the selection, with the new style of store in the Expo hall, it didn't allow for the same massive selection as previous years. This was an experimental setup. It was a bit of a trade-off of a better shopping experience for a slightly diminished selection.

If you have any comments or recommendations regarding the merchandise or the store, please "email customer service using this form or directly via email (merch@penny-arcade.com)"

*quoted from Erik below (thanks!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm just saying this because I get this question all the time at my job.

To minimize shrinking (as well as save energy costs), wash on cold, dry on low (if your dryer has a sensordry system that detects how damp the air is, it will help a lot), and immediately take out of the dryer once it's done.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    PA uses Gildan for their shirts. I haven't had the problem myself with shrinking, are you using cold water for your washes?

As for the selection, with the new style of store in the Expo hall, it didn't allow for the same massive selection as previous years. This was an experimental setup. It was a bit of a trade-off of a better shopping experience for a slightly diminished selection.

If you have any comments or recommendations regarding the merchandise or the store, please address them to Brian Sunter, the PA Merch guy :)

We would prefer it if you email customer service using this form or directly via email (merch@penny-arcade.com). You are always welcome to write Brian email directly, but you might have better response times if you email the customer service list.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Älphämönkëy has been kidnapped by Thetheroo and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Not a day goes by without a post from me
    I am a CANINE, but have no fur
    There's many COMICS for you to see
    I am synthetic, but also a CUR
    Which forumer am I?

This discussion has been closed.