As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: Wear the hood. Be the leader.

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Why do people always draw Jade with her feet sticking straight up at that weird angle

because it's totally anime.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cpGY9.png
    4cWcB.png
    zVshe.png
    yhwQY.jpg

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You gotta flip it turnways.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Look why you gotta hate on people for being upside down? It's a pretty serious problem that a lot of people suffer from, you're just being really insensitive here.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Reaction Formation

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I can't help but feel that sending CD? along on this critical mission could end up being a mistake.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There were more updates between when I woke up this morning and now.

What madness is this.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think CD means well but he's too dumb to keep the whole thing from Jack/DD so he'll probably mess things up sooner or later.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Baidol wrote: »
    There were more updates between when I woke up this morning and now.

What madness is this.

This is why you need to never stop checking for updates.

If Hussie says there won't be an update for a couple days I just start hitting f5 even harder. The browser isn't even open, I just mash away and hope for the best.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't expect a reference to an anime about an irresponsible captain whose happy go lucky team manages to prevent a space war or whatever and helps him get in the pants of royalty. Holy shit, I haven't seen that in forever.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also, oh noooooooo, Wandering Vagrant!

Couscous on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Stilts wrote: »
    Qr8vU.png

omgggggggggggggg too adorable

This picture is driving me nuts because I'm sure I've seen art very similar to this style and I can't put my finger on who drew it

The name's familiar even but it's just not coming to me

stop trying to understand and just look at it oh my gosh it's so cute

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    something just occurred to me

if the scratch starts the whole session over, wouldn't it also erase the current versions of all the exiles?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    EDIT: nvm, thought you meant the trolls

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

if the scratch starts the whole session over, wouldn't it also erase the current versions of all the exiles?

That's what I was thinking. Sure the kids are gonna probably escape the universe before it goes out of exsistance by no one has even thought about the rest of the "people" in habiting the universe

NeoToma on
  • Options
    VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey, uhm, guys

guys

i got this one idea

seeing as andrew seemed less than impressed at the idea of doing an animation for the hella long Rex Duodecim Angelus track..

then why don't WE make one?

as the song is a slow one, rather than quick an action-y-paced one, then it could be done using still shots and maybe a bit of animation, kinda like part of that 3x showdown combo page

and then my idea was something like whoever of all you awesome mspa fartist wants to could get dibs on a troll/a troll pair/the black king, and then they'd draw a few still shots and/or animation for the part of the song they choose, based on the pdf notes that came with the latest album, describing each character's appearance throughout the song

and then people's arts and the music could be compiled together into a movie

if, uh
    that makes sense??

i think it could be kinda cool

VickyBit on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like Jade a lot

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    have we discussed this most recent update wherein john lets the enemy agent help deliver the mission critical bomb to rose?

tayvaan on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like Jade a lot

You

you are a good person

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i like jade a lot more now that she's had a bunch of character development

unintentional on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My favourite character will always be Dave, but Jade comes pretty close.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    tayvaan wrote: »
    have we discussed this most recent update wherein john lets the enemy agent help deliver the mission critical bomb to rose?

He is too incompetent to cause a problem.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh my god

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    oh my god

I lose it at the "Aw, FUCK!" :lol:

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    oh my god

I lose it at the "Aw, FUCK!" :lol:
    My life is complete

Make another

Make a thousand

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Such an excellent youtube.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    yes that is excellent

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I enjoyed that

tayvaan on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tumblr_lik2qtFb1P1qahplio1_400.jpg

motherfuckin_heh__by_jubilations-d3c8nbq.png

tumblr_likp4fEujq1qegji2

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    VickyBit wrote: »
    hey, uhm, guys
    guys
    i got this one idea
    seeing as andrew seemed less than impressed at the idea of doing an animation for the hella long Rex Duodecim Angelus track..
    as the song is a slow one, rather than quick an action-y-paced one, then it could be done using still shots and maybe a bit of animation, kinda like part of that 3x showdown combo page
    and then my idea was something like whoever of all you awesome mspa fartist wants to could get dibs on a troll/a troll pair/the black king, and then they'd draw a few still shots and/or animation for the part of the song they choose, based on the pdf notes that came with the latest album, describing each character's appearance throughout the song
    if, uh
    that makes sense??

That would be kind of cool, but I imagine that without somebody overseeing it it would turn into a big mess like that awful squiddles video. Especially since it is such a long song. I've been wanting to make a Black King showdown video with Valhalla, so I might be interested. Forum battles are around the corner and it would be nice to warm up.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    tumblr_lik2qtFb1P1qahplio1_400.jpg

Love 'dis.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Campion wrote: »
    hey, uhm, guys
    guys
    i got this one idea
    if, uh
    that makes sense??

That would be kind of cool, but I imagine that without somebody overseeing it it would turn into a big mess like that awful squiddles video. Especially since it is such a long song. I've been wanting to make a Black King showdown video with Valhalla, so I might be interested. Forum battles are around the corner and it would be nice to warm up.

So what you're saying is that someone needs to wear the hood and be the leader?

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    NeoToma wrote: »

That's what I was thinking. Sure the kids are gonna probably escape the universe before it goes out of exsistance by no one has even thought about the rest of the "people" in habiting the universe

What if the scratch more "spawns another session with the same starting parameters" more than it actually "resets" anything. After all, we have seen the exiles are already on Earth, albeit in the year 2422.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    the foot pointing up thing indicates she's walking, and about to put her foot down.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Campion wrote: »
    hey, uhm, guys
    guys
    i got this one idea
    if, uh
    that makes sense??

well, some rules could be set up, something like x amount of stills per part (depending on the length), a 'specific' artstyle (hero-mode style rather than sprites for example), certain conditions regarding the backgrounds and colours, etc..?
    i'd be taking on the leader hood if it weren't for me being really not very confident regarding deciding things, ehehehe... and i wouldn't feel right putting up rules and stuff and limiting people before i even know if there are people interested..

also, in any case, then i'd at least be able to put the finished stuff together, as i've used flash for ages, so that's at least something?

EDIT: and you can practically see the PDF notes in the AlterniaBound album as a storyboard, or the start of one

VickyBit on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Let's see these notes, I don't own the album.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    is

is that even ok?? since people have had to PAY to get the pdf and stuff..

VickyBit on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    NO, YOU CAN'T GIVE IT TO HIM HE HASN'T GIVEN ME MONEY.
    You can probably post it or at least message him it.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    oh uh, well, i'll just post the time-tags and some really short descriptions of the events, based on the pdf notes rather than rudely copy-pasting it all directly, i hope that's cool at least, ehehe
    0:00 - Black King's introduced, Aradiabots teleporting in, the recokining beginning, and the Vast Glub being surppressed.
    1:34 - Karkat leaps into action
    2:03 - Terezi follows with a surprise attack.
    2:34 - The King responds.
    2:56 - Tavros in his Jet Car.
    3:15 - Kanaya focuses all attention at her.
    3:34 - Equius steps in, but Nepeta keeps sneaking in some attacks.
    3:53 - Feferi and Eridan move in.
    4:13 - The King responds once again.
    4:36 - Sollux and Aradia get involved.
    4:56 - Gamzee’s contribution to the fight.
    5:14 - The King’s nearly defeated and getting desperate.
    5:39 - Vriska steps up, and finishes it. With one impossi8ly lucky roll.

and with that then i am pretty much off to bed, almost midnight here D:

VickyBit on
This discussion has been closed.