As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fowl [CHAT]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    But Thom, what about all of the people encouraging him to do this stuff?

I think it constitutes Elder Abuse personally.

Who the hell is encouraging him?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

agents I'm sure.

Jews basically

Ludious on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Hello, old friend.

Do not presume to tell me that you do not recognize me. Look past this mortal form I have taken. Look into my all-seeing eyes.

Yes, my friend. It is I. Llanwyn the Unforgiving. Lord of the Plains of Fire. Undisputed commander of the Legions of Onyx.

No, I don't want any of whatever hot flavored beverage this establishment serves.

Do you remember when last we met? Of course you do. We struggled on the edge of the Cliffs of Exidor. Your Wolf Army scattered my Legion, and we were alone, locked in single combat. You were the stronger that day, and you banished me to the Abyss of the Souls.

Do you know the years that I spent there? Do you know of the torment I experienced? Do you understand that I spent every moment cursing your name and waiting for the moment when I could escape and wreak my terrible vengeance upon you?

Yes, I know there are people behind me in line. I care nothing for them. Let them wait, as I waited for millennium after millennium.

Once I made my escape, I tracked you from one corner of this plane of existence to another. I thought I had you on the Outer Rings of Thanatos-Seven, but you slipped away from me again. But I have found you at last. And by the Seven Stones of the Cytherians, I will have my satisfaction. I will take back what has been owed to me.

I may not have the power I had when last we met. The force of my laughter may no longer shatter plate armor. This weak mortal body can no longer withstand the inner fire that I once blasted from my fingertips to roast my enemies. But these limitations are nothing compared to my desire for ultimate retribution.

I cannot be placated by your selection of scones and muffins.

How, then, shall I make you suffer as I have suffered? Shall I whip the living flesh from your bones? Shall I make the blood run in your veins like living acid? Shall I call forth a host of my termite servants and have them infest your every orifice?

That, old friend, would be too easy. I have a different fate in mind for you. Revenge, as they say on this planet, is a dish best served cold. I will take my time. I will consider the most appropriate and thorough manner for working out my wrath. Perhaps—perhaps, I will allow you to live, but as a slave, as a lowly thrall in my service. Perhaps I will make you my cupbearer. That would be a delicious irony indeed.

Of course.

I have reconsidered. You will make me one of your lowly beverages. Yes. I will have the skinny caramel macchiato. Take care in its making, old friend. Be sure that the water in which the beans are infused is at an adequate temperature.

I rejoice in your humiliation! Ha! HA HA HA HA HA! Oh, sweet vengeance!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why does the Legions of Onyx' Commander have a Welsh name?
    Boyo?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Why does the Legions of Onyx' Commander have a Welsh name?
    brock.jpg

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    iq tests are a pain :<

Aldo on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I'm watching this Armored Adventures thing, and looking up the various villains that appear - to see how they differ, primarily.

One of them is a variation on Madam Masque. Wiki has this to say
    Her feelings for Tony appear to be yandere, becoming violent if there is a possible threat to Tony's life,

The use of the bolded word aggravates me

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »

When I was tested at 13 I had an IQ of 134.

Dunno if that would hold up today, since I haven't rubbed shoulders with the finest MENSA has to offer.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Hello, old friend.

Do not presume to tell me that you do not recognize me. Look past this mortal form I have taken. Look into my all-seeing eyes.

Yes, my friend. It is I. Llanwyn the Unforgiving. Lord of the Plains of Fire. Undisputed commander of the Legions of Onyx.

No, I don't want any of whatever hot flavored beverage this establishment serves.

Do you remember when last we met? Of course you do. We struggled on the edge of the Cliffs of Exidor. Your Wolf Army scattered my Legion, and we were alone, locked in single combat. You were the stronger that day, and you banished me to the Abyss of the Souls.

Do you know the years that I spent there? Do you know of the torment I experienced? Do you understand that I spent every moment cursing your name and waiting for the moment when I could escape and wreak my terrible vengeance upon you?

Yes, I know there are people behind me in line. I care nothing for them. Let them wait, as I waited for millennium after millennium.

Once I made my escape, I tracked you from one corner of this plane of existence to another. I thought I had you on the Outer Rings of Thanatos-Seven, but you slipped away from me again. But I have found you at last. And by the Seven Stones of the Cytherians, I will have my satisfaction. I will take back what has been owed to me.

I may not have the power I had when last we met. The force of my laughter may no longer shatter plate armor. This weak mortal body can no longer withstand the inner fire that I once blasted from my fingertips to roast my enemies. But these limitations are nothing compared to my desire for ultimate retribution.

I cannot be placated by your selection of scones and muffins.

How, then, shall I make you suffer as I have suffered? Shall I whip the living flesh from your bones? Shall I make the blood run in your veins like living acid? Shall I call forth a host of my termite servants and have them infest your every orifice?

That, old friend, would be too easy. I have a different fate in mind for you. Revenge, as they say on this planet, is a dish best served cold. I will take my time. I will consider the most appropriate and thorough manner for working out my wrath. Perhaps—perhaps, I will allow you to live, but as a slave, as a lowly thrall in my service. Perhaps I will make you my cupbearer. That would be a delicious irony indeed.

Of course.

I have reconsidered. You will make me one of your lowly beverages. Yes. I will have the skinny caramel macchiato. Take care in its making, old friend. Be sure that the water in which the beans are infused is at an adequate temperature.

I rejoice in your humiliation! Ha! HA HA HA HA HA! Oh, sweet vengeance!

Nice try, Kinbote.

Sheep on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Dunno if that would hold up today, since I haven't rubbed shoulders with the finest MENSA has to offer.

Oh man.

That debate is about to start.

(p.s. what you just said is akin to going 'I can run twelve'.)

Leitner on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

agents I'm sure.

Jews basically

Well we need to fire those guys. Would it be overly hipster if we insisted on wood fired ovens for that?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Leitner wrote: »

Oh man.

I require more Vespene Context regarding "running twelve".

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey, the IQ test has plenty of value as a quantitative metric.

We know for certain that RMS is not mentally retarded outside of autism spectrum disorders.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Oh man.

There's a film on NetFlix called Super High Me. The guy from the Marijuana Logues basically stops smoking for a month, takes IQ tests and ESP tests and performs averagely. Then gets super stoned every waking minute for 30 days and performs markedly better on the exact same tests.

Funniest part of the whole film.

Speaking of Instant Streaming, if any of you have seen Lo on NetFlix and enjoyed it, the guy has a new film out called The Dead Inside and it's also pretty darn good.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Oh man.

:lol: I suck at IQ tests because I don't give a fuck when you're 100 questions in. No sir, I'm not going to spin another box around and will just pick the one that looks best.

I hate how this traineeship has 2 IQ tests you have to take (one online (lawl cheat cheat) and one paper one. It's not like it's a very reliable measurement of how well I'll do at the job anyway.

Aldo on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee, lowered on 20's, blacked out windows, headlights and tail lights.

The license plate said "HIPSTER".

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've never been IQ tested. I assume over 200 since...

Wait, which one makes me sound smarter? Brazenly asserting a high score or downplaying my intelligence as average but then name dropping some smart people stuff?

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EET6lYJqnro

I love the comments to these.
    I can't understand how this sad excuse for a sport still has so many followers. It has utterly betrayed its working-class roots. Last year's final, with the media's darling Pedro De La Staros overcoming Bobby Bugeye was a fix and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Personally I've transferred my allegiance to Thumb War. At least there governing body is still in touch with the essence of that sport. Damn shame because I grew up with Stare-Out, I just can't bear to see what's happening to it.
    Nanak and Duran in the finals - those were the days!

I must say a lot has changed since, not least because of the vast increase of illegal substances being used by the competitors these days. It takes a lot out of the excitement to know that most of the pros are constantly using eye drops and such to boost their performance.

The fact that Uzliam got caught using a glass eye at the European Championships this year just goes to show that it's not about dedication and fun anymore, just winning.

japan on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Wait, which one makes me sound smarter? Brazenly asserting a high score or downplaying my intelligence as average but then name dropping some smart people stuff?
    I believe the only way to win is to not play that game. :^:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Average Intelligence is around 100.

I believe Einstein was around 170 or 180.

Pick a number!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's a lot of problems with that experiment, sheep.

Winky on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

No, no, IQ scores are like golf, the better you get, the lower it should be.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    Hey, the IQ test has plenty of value as a quantitative metric.

We know for certain that RMS is not mentally retarded outside of autism spectrum disorders.

I agree. They're not a perfect measurment by any means, merely the best we have. There's the issue of what intellgence is. And they do have some problems, but they're always tremendously overstated.

But everytime they come up. A) People feel the need to state what their score is. B) People need to put down how worthless they are (especially after telling us how they got 200 but it's no thing). C) Someone bitches about Mensa.

@RMS. Think kmh vs mph. If you state 'I can run 12', what does that tell us?

Except it's wechsler vs katel.

Leitner on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mirrors edge is the hardest goddamn game

I dont feel like i'm playing it right at all

I can't think fast enough to do cool things, I mostly just hop over things then slide-kick dudes

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just saw a Jeep Grand Cherokee, lowered on 20's, blacked out windows, headlights and tail lights.

And my left eye is now twitching.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

A strange game, the only way to win is not to play

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Watching the complete Droopy.

There are only 24 episodes, and quite a few plots and gags feel brazenly rehashed.

It's still Droopy though. <3

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if the people in the next office over are having a very loud conversation about the renaissance or teenage mutant ninja turtles.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Shock and Awe (Extreme) continues to be poop from a butt, by the way.

I wish to go back in time and make Rocksteady give each round an extra 20 seconds.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    And playing Batman:AA last night made me realize how much I loved the developers for having the run/autojump with A thing. I hate jumping in video games, if the controls are the least bit floaty then it's just fucking rage inducing.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if the people in the next office over are having a very loud conversation about the renaissance or teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Listen for key differentiating phrases: 'Sistine', 'Splinter', 'David', 'April', 'DaVinci', 'TURTLE POWER'

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

I can't think fast enough to do cool things, I mostly just hop over things then slide-kick dudes
    As long as you're progressing I don't think you're doing it wrong.

Aldo on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    japan wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EET6lYJqnro

I love the comments to these.
    I can't understand how this sad excuse for a sport still has so many followers. It has utterly betrayed its working-class roots. Last year's final, with the media's darling Pedro De La Staros overcoming Bobby Bugeye was a fix and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot. Personally I've transferred my allegiance to Thumb War. At least there governing body is still in touch with the essence of that sport. Damn shame because I grew up with Stare-Out, I just can't bear to see what's happening to it.
    Nanak and Duran in the finals - those were the days!

I must say a lot has changed since, not least because of the vast increase of illegal substances being used by the competitors these days. It takes a lot out of the excitement to know that most of the pros are constantly using eye drops and such to boost their performance.

The fact that Uzliam got caught using a glass eye at the European Championships this year just goes to show that it's not about dedication and fun anymore, just winning.

It's just like discussing Mornington Crescent.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Nah. That's... pretty much it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

It's also one of those games that can reward repeat attempts. Every once in awhile you'll hit this zen like combo. I loved that damn game, too bad the 2nd one got nixed.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Sounds to me like I need to up my game. Ironically putting 15s in my trunk so everyone could hear me rattling by while I listen to Matt & Kim seems to be some entry level shit.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i will still play mirror's edge to unwind sometimes

it's so good

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »

It's also one of those games that can reward repeat attempts. Every once in awhile you'll hit this zen like combo. I loved that damn game, too bad the 2nd one got nixed.

The complaints about Faith not looking "feminine" enough and the "corrected" portrayals made me :x

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    TehSloth wrote: »

Sounds to me like I need to up my game. Ironically putting 15s in my trunk so everyone could hear me rattling by while I listen to Matt & Kim seems to be some entry level shit.

Shut up Matt & Kim is good.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    TehSloth wrote: »

You'd have to go the other way. Get a roadster and raise it up. Then take it to the track.
    For the love of god, don't do this. Lowering a Jeep Cherokee makes it moderately silly and defeats it's intended use. Raising up a roadster is potentially dangerous.

Thomamelas on
This discussion has been closed.