Options

[PHALLA] Sgrub: Rise Up ==> Day 4

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for RMED?

a bunch of people jumped on him because who gives a shit it's day one, but then munkus and charles and TDOT all started acting sort of suspicious so people jumped off of the completely baseless bandwagon and went to ones that were only mostly baseless.

am I just missing something or

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Extermatott sounds fucking stupid when you say it aloud

Oh yeah?

Well your name...

...is...

stupider.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Marshmallow isn't really doing anything suspicious.

I... but... uh...

Son of a bitch, I give up.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There are so many pages and I don't have time to read them all, so what are the reasonings for the vote leaders?

Extermatott on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for RMED?

a bunch of people jumped on him because who gives a shit it's day one, but then munkus and charles and TDOT all started acting sort of suspicious so people jumped off of the completely baseless bandwagon and went to ones that were only mostly baseless.

am I just missing something or

a single, literally last second vote change from another person saved his life, and killed a villager

while that's admittedly the only thing it's a pretty big thing

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure what vopro is doing, but it doesn't seem right

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I'm not sure what vopro is doing, but it doesn't seem right

vopro was the one who did the aforementioned last second vote change

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !Exterewhatever

Speed Racer knows too much

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »
    Marshmallow isn't really doing anything suspicious.

I... but... uh...

Son of a bitch, I give up.

Ok you're being suspicious, but pointing it out at every moment.

Honestly I don't know what to make of it, so I'll just keep an eye on you for now.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay thread, what's the Coles Notes version of the last 47 pages?

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If that's the reasoning the more sensible thing to do to me is to go after vopro, and if he's a mafia and not just a doofus who submitted his vote at the worst possible time, then go after RMED.

I don't think the evidence against vopro is all that strong honestly, but it's more than the hunch that I have about charles

so I'm gonna go ahead and !Charles and !Vopro

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Okay thread, what's the Coles Notes version of the last 47 pages?

munkus was acting shifty so we killed him, turned out he was a villager, vOv

TDOT and Charles are either both terrible at this or one of them's a mafia, it's hard to say

RMED had a bandwagon going on him that dissipated in what some people think are suspicious circumstances

Vopro sniped the vote at the last minute and got munkus killed so people think he was trying to protect a mafia

campion and marsh are both weirdos

The narration suggests the possibility that there is a third faction with vig powers

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was going on Kinbote on nothing but a hunch but I actually suspect RMED now. Plus his name is way long. !Charles Kinbote and !RMED

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It just occurred to me that my flagrant out speaking of those who are not loyal minions to The Black King could land me a strike from one of those people with assassin powers like the stabbing of last night, or the attempted law bringing. There would be no way to tell who killed me and it would be all for naught.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm inclined to believe the idiot theory. If he is a mafia, that kind of shenanigan would be easily picked up, and wouldn't be worth implicating other people this early in the game at the expense of his life. And if he's a villager, well, that kind of idiocy is already covered

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, based on that, I'll vote Vopro, as messing with the vote is somewhat suspicious.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I find it suspicious that Vopro, who's in danger of getting lynched today, is trying to gin up a bandwagon against RMED, who he saved yesterday

If he really was a mafia and saved RMED yesterday because he was on the same team, sacrificing him today seems like a great way to get attention off yourself

I say we get to the bottom of this

!TDOT

!Vopro

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited April 2011
    !Charles Kinbote

!Vopro

changing my vote because it looks like my best chance for surviving the night at this point, and I leave for work soon, and won't be back in time before the day is done

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I still got my eye on you TDOT

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !VoproSTEIN

!RMED, because he is in a poor position and I am a dick

Shock G on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sal wrote: »
    I find it suspicious that Vopro, who's in danger of getting lynched today, is trying to gin up a bandwagon against RMED, who he saved yesterday

If he really was a mafia and saved RMED yesterday because he was on the same team, sacrificing him today seems like a great way to get attention off yourself

!TDOT

!Vopro

That is very interesting reasoning. If RMED turned up to be mafia, then vopro would be more suspicious, not less.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Sal wrote: »

!TDOT

!Vopro

That is very interesting reasoning. If RMED turned up to be mafia, then vopro would be more suspicious, not less.

IMO, if vopro turns up mafia, it makes RMED look more suspicious than vopro would if RMED turned up mafia

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm inclined to believe the idiot theory. If he is a mafia, that kind of shenanigan would be easily picked up, and wouldn't be worth implicating other people this early in the game at the expense of his life. And if he's a villager, well, that kind of idiocy is already covered

Didn't you tie the vote once in a game?

I have never, ever seen a mafia try to "tie the vote", but have seen a silly villager get bandwagoned for it.

Vopro's voting pattern smells to me of confused villager more than anything else.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Campion wrote: »
    It just occurred to me that my flagrant out speaking of those who are not loyal minions to The Black King could land me a strike from one of those people with assassin powers like the stabbing of last night, or the attempted law bringing. There would be no way to tell who killed me and it would be all for naught.

I know that if I was mafia, I would try and get you killed so it would show up in the narration.

And then say "oh shit, the mafia are clearly trying to frame the people who Campion was suspicious about! I'm innocent!"

and if people actually bought that, it would be awesome.

Less unhinged mafia members might stay away from you if you are making bad guesses though, just because you are taking attention away from them and putting it on villagers or maybe even good specials.

Also, what's Butler up to? You got any idea, Camp?

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I have never, ever seen a mafia try to "tie the vote", but have seen a silly villager get bandwagoned for it.

Vopro's voting pattern smells to me of confused villager more than anything else.

I agree with this, especially considering that lots of people continued voting past the poll close because I guess simple deadlines are hard to grasp

that said, we may as well find out one way or the other for certain.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I agree with this, especially considering that lots of people continued voting past the poll close because I guess simple deadlines are hard to grasp

that said, we may as well find out one way or the other for certain.

You can use the last sentence in your post to attempt to justify any bandwagon, and it's probably the kind of thinking that got Munkus lynched, since nobody really had anything on the guy except that he was actually trying to contribute. On day 0 someone contributing is a pretty solid reason NOT to vote someone. Sure, he's apparently an experienced player, but so are a lot of folks who could probably figure out if he was up to no good. Plus seerings and all that.

I'm not convinced that voting out Vopro is going to do us any better than killing an entirely random player as far as finding mafia, so I'm not planning to vote for him. Need to look over things a bit more before I do vote however.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Marsh, if you admit that you're being so suspicious and not being called on it, why'd you vote for me, the only person who's voting for you?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think it would be better to off RMED first.

If he's not mafia, then vopro may very well have just made a mistake since there wasn't any real reason for him to protect RMED over Munkus, and therefore not much reason to go after him too. I'd be reasonably okay with dropping my suspicion on him in that scenario.

Whereas if he is, Vopro is like, double-suspicious, and we go after him next.

Would save time I think, and be less likely to have vopro turning up villager and inadvertantly protecting RMED from further suspicion.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes I agree with that and we should all vote RMED to save my life and prove my suspect innocence.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Marsh, if you admit that you're being so suspicious and not being called on it, why'd you vote for me, the only person who's voting for you?

I didn't vote for you.

You know, why can't I get some CLASSY people out for my blood? I got the guy who can't differentiate from invisible mode and simply being offline, the guy roleplaying, and now we've got mr. "can't read vote posts properly".

This is just insulting now. I deserve better antagonists.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !Marshmallow

you want quality you get quantity

unintentional on
  • Options
    SnitSnit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    just woke up

did anything interesting happen

Snit on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    marshmallow

...kidding. I'm not that easy to get a vote from.

!marshmallow

RMED is my vote for now as I was about to make the same kind of point before you stole it from my mind.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    RMED seems like the best choice for now, but who knows.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nirya is also on my list of suspicious individuals

as is Dogbone

Mafia, the lot of you

Gumpy on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Are people who have the highest votes after midnight Exciting Super Time or 9 Poopy Stinkbutts Time allowed to talk?

Because the whole "1 post containing no strategy talk after you're dead" is kinda pointless if they can still say whatever they want while slated for execution.

Or is that rule only there for the surprise vig/mafia deaths?

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    winning the vote doesn't necessarily guarantee that you die, there might be special roles that protect you

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, Munkus kept talking until the narration, when he did his last post, so I assume you are allowed to keep posting until that goes up.

Nirya on
    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Think of it as screaming while you're being dragged to the noose.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    winning the vote doesn't necessarily guarantee that you die, there might be special roles that protect you

i've never played a mafia game where a special could protect the person getting voted out, only the surprise murders
    how would that even work, they get to save one person over the course of the game?

unintentional on
This discussion has been closed.