Options

Wheel of [MiniPhalla]- Game Over, Seanchan/Village victory!

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Incoming BIG POST About the deaths from last night.

I love knowing something about the setting material it's fun!!!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm taking my pants off.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Incoming BIG POST About the deaths from last night.

I love knowing something about the setting material it's fun!!!

Is it about how many mafias you are?

I guess twelve..no wait..fourteen.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    if there are fourteen mafias, i think we'd be outnumbered already.

i guess there are still vigs floating around, though

:D

Lucedes on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Voidslayer, Leane Sharif- voted out
    mEEksa, Cadsuane Melaidhrin- killed by the Forsaken
    Oldmanken, Dragonsworn- killed by the Forsaken
    Spoit, Gareth Bryne- Stabbed by Padan Fain
    38thDoe, Logain Ablar- Balefired

OK, so that's the list of the dead last night.

meeksa and oldmanken are probably the easiest explained deaths on the surface. But why them? With so many good players to choose from, why would the mafia go for some relatively newer players. Could it be that they don't have anybody who has played with Skid and Grundl and Drez before and therefore don't know just how dangerous those guys can be if left alive? Maybe the mafia is all fairly new players, Or maybe the mafia is made up of a nice mix and the older players decided to leave their friends from days gone by alive a bit longer. Hmmm. Simple on the surface, but not always.

Now, the VoidSlayer and Spoit thing confuses me a bit. Although, the vote comes last. So that means that even though Spoit died to the vote technically, when Padan Fain stabbed him into little pieces, the Vote trickled to Void Slayer, removing another one of our seer.

Padan Fain is most definitely a survival Serial Killer. he wants the world to end and the best way to do that is to kill everybody. Everybody. He might even be happen to kill himself.

Now that brings us to the fun one. The Balefire. There are a few people in the book who can use this. Well ok, there are lots of people now, but originally it was seen being used by Moiraine. She taught Rand how to use it, and in turn also taught Nynaeve, Elayne, and Egwene. The Forsaken have known how to use it for Ages, and i'm fairly sure that while it is called "the Forbidden Weave" others who can channel know how to use it. The question is, who. Here is a list of the possible characters I think we could expect to see not only tossing this around, but using it as a vigilante type kill

Moiraine
    Logain (died)
    Mazrim Taim
    Elayne
    Nynaeve

Of those, I figure that Moiraine is the most likely followed by the other girls. Mazrim Taim, however, could be a village vigilante, although I would not trust him to save my life ever.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh the verbosity....Why won't anyone think of the children :P

Also leaving this here in case people missed it
    [QUOTE=Spoit;19215989
    So if the counts are right, I should be voted out. I sure hope there's other guards in this game, because I was masoned with zanmatto, and had an auto-guard on him. Hopefully my death will allow at least some networking to be done, with the seer dead.

And for what it's worth, ahava's declared power sounds an awful lot like mine, except that she wasn't masoned with the person she got to protect [tiny](man I'm going to be so grudged if that was a shot in the dark and she's mafia)[/tiny][/QUOTE]

Zanmatto, don't just take people at their word, it wouldn't be very hard to make a believeable cover role so wait until people start proving themselves to you before you go ahead and start connecting all our specials.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ahava.

There's not a lot to say.

Actually, I'm totally lying. There's lots to say but I don't have time.

I like how you tried to remove suspicion from yourself by saying that the mafia is made of all new players.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm not really sure where this vote on me is coming from

but hey, if you guys don't want analysis, just tell me, i'll let you flounder on without me

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm not sure who to vote for. On one hand, I'm not convinced either way about ahava. On another hand, I don't have a better idea of who to vote out. On a third hand, it seems inevitable at this point. On a fourth hand, I don't know where I got so many extra hands.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    i rather she doesnt die just yet, shes smart

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Actually, reading back, !kuhlmeye sounds like a good vote.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Just yet he says.

nice to see you too, Reffy.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    weh weh

Zandracon on
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !Kulhlmeye... must die!

Also, guardian, if you aren't a corpse, message me / protect me! :3

zanmatto on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kulhlmeye bandwagon, hooo!

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hmmmm...

alt_raven

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Id rather khul doesnt die tonight as well, im ok with Ringo dying. The idea of getting us to tie the vote when ties kill both people is sketchy as fuck

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm still kinda curious about the pants thing,

I wonder if drez was taking them off in his room? what time is it over there anyways?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    fine, server, eat my post. see if i care.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ringo?

We all know that I'm fine with a Ringo vote.

Tying the vote is never good for the village. never

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    nullifying the vote seems..

I dunno it doesn't seem friendly to the village.

i'm going to type outloud for a bit and see what tumbles out...

The vote is often considered by almost everybody to be the one sacred ting of the villages. The one surefire way to make sure somebody dies. It's the voice of the people.

To have the vote be nullified, to have it removed from effectiveness, which is what Ringo said he could do yesterday, is to essentially take the free will of the village away.

And there's only one thing that I can think of in the WoT that takes away a person's free will.

And that's Compulsion.

Compulsion being an ability of the One Power that can be used, essentially, to turn your target into your puppet. While a few of the 'good' Aes Sedai know it, they almost always refuse to use it. This leaves us once again to Forsaken. Some might say Asha'man, but I don't remember if Logain (dead) or Mazrim Taim knew Compulsion.

I could be far off, but it seems like a logical almost trail to follow. And Ringo is the kind of player to try and pull that. He loves to give himself an ability on day one that makes him seem invaluable and give him a chance to 'lead'. I wouldn't put it past him to do something devious like that

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Here ya go Kuhl. I'm sorry about trying to have you voted out and all... but you kinda deserve it bud.

64IKP.jpg

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    you, stop drinking and read the post above you.

there is analysis.

do what I say

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't know whether to change to Ringo or not. On one hand, The Dragon Reborn doesn't like him, on the other hand, Ahava is somewhat eager to kill him and she's someone who I find pretty sketchy right now. Anyone else want to make a point?

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Too eager to kill him...

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I am always eager to kill Ringo.

he and I, we are like frienemies. my not-quite-mortal enemy the dingo is.

but hey, that's up to you

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    'Bout an hour and a half till vote close, get yo' votes in.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Compulsion is used to take away an individual's free will; mass compulsion I don't think is possible and in any case compulsion is permanent (which would likely be done as a conversion with the compulsor controlling the compulsee's votes and abilities).

Being ta'veren is what affects large groups, causing them to do things they wouldn't even expect, though it's not exactly a controlled ability.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    What gives ahava? I made a pretty good post earlier that got you off as the main bandwagon focus. And now you want me to stop drinking?!?! The nerve!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I love you Grundl.

just saying.

Phyphor does have a point. Although I seem to remember Graendal had been accused at one point of being able to do mass-compulsion. Towards the end of the War. Entire Armies at her fingertips. Between her and Sammael....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Man all this talk is really making me want to read the series... But I have so much in my backlog already!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    look at it this way, if you read the series now, you won't be going crazy like those of us that started when book 3 was brand new...

you'll have the first 13 books all at once.

and I will hate you for it.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've seen those books... Theyre huge! I'm finishing hitchhikers guide and asoiaf first. I have a lot of reading to do!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I should really get asoiaf again. go back through them all.

but, broke...

there are not enough people posting. for example, loserforhirex is being quiet and it's keeping me in the dark.

i hate that.

i hate when people do the bare minimum and i can't get a read on them

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I read all 13 over a month, it was interesting. I would have enjoyed it a lot less if I had to wait for each book, I would probably forget who half the people are.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    that's why there are the wikis out there.

also, there is this fantastic book, paperback, "The World of Wheel of Time" it was put out around like book 6 or so with background on the Chosen and the Countries and channeling.

I think there was also another one in that series for Shanarra.

edit::

This book, here.. AMAZIINNGGGGGGGG http://www.amazon.com/World-Robert-Jordans-Wheel-Time/dp/0312869363/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305082502&sr=8-1

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well. There are.
    What, 1800 characters in total?
    And, Jordan expected you to remember them all like they were old friends.
    I know one person who forgot who Padan Fain was between books, and he's a fairly major character.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I can pretty much keep track of them all.

at least from tertiary on up.

He did a decent job of separating groups though. There would be no way I would remember Setalle Anan, for example, if she weren't with Mat.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    By the by, anybody got a vote count?

or a handy link?

I want to see how close I am to Winning

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kulhmeye

Capfalcon on