As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Adding share buttons to a blog

GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, ProbablyWatertown, WIRegistered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm trying to get an AddThis app/button/footer/whatever the kids are calling it these days attached to the bottom of the posts on my blog. I'm using Blogger; just in case you have sigs blocked, the blog is here.

Go here, click 'customize' and then the 'Blogger' button and you'll see the code I'm being given.

One advice place told me to look for a piece of code saying <div class='post-footer'> and put the code below that. I plugged the code into the line directly below, and then when I previewed the change, Windows blocked it for security reasons.

What am I doing wrong?

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
Gosling on

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You already have share on the header on the blog in your post.

Were you trying to do something different then that or just have a graphical button?

useless4 on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    That's for sharing the blog. I'm trying to get it so individual posts can be shared, so i'm trying to get a button at the bottom of each post.

Specifically, what I get is the page replaced with a single pound sign and a note saying "Internet Explorer has modified this page to prevent cross-site scripting." Further explanation says it's for my security. Trying to reload the page gets a Blogger loading screen and no actual blog.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I put 'em up on a site at work, and this contained everything i needed:
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like/

The_Glad_Hatter on