As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tabletop Forum - Mas Discussion?

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
I was flipping through the earlier discussion (terminated March 5th) on the possibility of a Tabletop Forum. The debate seemed to be focused, primarily, on whether or not such a subsection is even necessary.

I am here to hopefully, reopen discussion, and say resoundingly - it is necessary.

First, the nature of our current Warhammer threads is that they become gigantic 50+ page threads in a very short amount of time. This happens every time one is opened. Those 50 pages end up containing all the information for Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k. This involves army lists, rules questions and then the more craft oriented painting / conversions / tips et all. Simply put, this is far too much discussion to keep to one thread.

Second, as more of a relative problem - we've recently lost the search function on the forums for other reasons. This means that anyone wishing to engage in a discussion about tabletop gaming (specifically Warhammer and Warhammer 40k) must now manually sift through those 40-50 pages to find what they want to discuss about. Either that, or bookmark every thread in every discussion you are trying to follow.

Third, you have all of the other (mostly pen and paper) games that get lost in the shuffle. Recent attempts to get together Shadowrun / Star Wars / et all games are quickly shoved off of the first page and are rapidly lost. This, again with the loss of the search function, makes it very difficult to find that specific discussion.

So, in summation, I think that a Tabletop Forum would be an extreme boon to the community and provide as much - if not more - traffic than the WoW or CoH board currently does.

Thank you for your time in advance - and if this post has broken any rules I am not aware of, please summarily delete and remove it.

I am in the business of saving lives.
MegaMan001 on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    It won't see more traffic than the WoW section, I can tell you that right now. Also, I'm under the opinion that tabletop gaming can be contained within G&T.

Henroid on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    i think the idea is that it isn't worth setting up since this forum will be nuked once the new one is ready

that and I would assume that since the forums crash virtually every one to two days, its not the best idea to encourage even more posting.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Alpha implied that the Tabletop Gaming Subforum would be given a trial run in the new iteration of the forums. I saved the rules we came up with, just in case any of the admin staff care.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    Third, you have all of the other (mostly pen and paper) games that get lost in the shuffle. Recent attempts to get together Shadowrun / Star Wars / et all games are quickly shoved off of the first page and are rapidly lost. This, again with the loss of the search function, makes it very difficult to find that specific discussion.
    Somebody doesn't read stickies. My heart is broken.

Henroid on
This discussion has been closed.