Options

[CARMAGEDDON] Works in DOSbox on Win7 64-bit!

13»

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Please let it be better than that awful Carmaggedon 2000 game.

Because Carmaggedon 1 and 2 are perfect and so much fun.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I barely played any of TDR 2000, so...what was particularly bad about it? I remember it brought back the ass-ugly Eagle, but that isn't particularly grievous. Was it self-censored? Were the levels unfun by comparison?

Synthesis on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I only played it once, and barely because I remember it had steep system requirements, and looked really good for its time. But I think the main problem was that the staple-awesome-physics were pretty much gone. I think, I don't really remember.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Carmageddon is the best racing game I ever played

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh God please don't suck. I just....I just want to powerslide through a corner and take out 3 dozen pedestrians with a giant ball and chain again. That's all. Give me that, and you get money.

Also re: Zzulu I read that and though to myself "There was a race in Carmaggedon?".

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know, I know. It's just... when I play videogames there is no joy in killing innocent bystanders for me.

I always altered a settings file to make every hit give tons of time. Gave me plenty of time to explore without worrying about the clock. :)

MKR on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I always thought the car designs were cool; I liked how there was a liberal use of blades and sharp edges.

I also remember being able to shear cars in half if you hit them just right.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If anyone around here is playing Carma2, this guy here has a really really nice collection of custom cars: CRUD.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man dem memories....these were some of my fondest memories of early PC gaming. And echoing what someone earlier in the thread mentioned, Carma2 got me hardcore into Iron Maiden, the songs fit perfectly with so many of the levels it was joyous. Here's hoping they give it a proper revival!

Thegreatcow on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Soo...basically, we all remember that TDR 2000 sucked, but we can't say quite why, heh.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Something about it just doesn't seem right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EAiBYo4aMA

Can't see what though.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    World seems very bland and unpopulated. Something about the physics seems off and well another thing I do remember was that it needed a somewhat beefy machine to run back in the day.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I remember running my car on to the corner of a building, and it shredding in half lengthwise and still operating. I also remember primarily winning by destroying all my opponents, primarily so that I could use all their cars.

Elitistb on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My DOXbox keeps telling me it can't ding the Carmageddon CD D:D:

minirhyder on
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So the countdown on the carmageddon page ended.
    The Carmageddon brand has been reacquired by the team that developed the original PC titles Carmageddon and Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now. Stainless Games today announced that a new title is in early development, called ‘Carmageddon: Reincarnation’.

so uhhh...

Bitchin

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/