Options

Forum Password and End Spaces

kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
I went back a ways and didn't see a post on this, but if it is a known thing please ignore.

Basically I typed too quickly and mistakenly added a space to the end of my password when logging in tonight and it still let me in. After retrying it a few times it looks like you can add any number of spaces after your password and still log in.

I'm not sure this is necessarily a problem since you still have to put in your normal password to get to that point, but I figured I would point it out.

tvsfrank.jpg
kdrudy on

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Initial spaces work too. Spaces in the middle appear to not.

jothki on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think there's options along the lines of they can have it trim empty characters like a space from the beginning and end of what you enter so that it doesn't matter if they're there or not. This might be what's going on, and if it's the case then it's surely intentional.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think the # is probably one of those, also. The amount of times I've accidentally hit both that and Enter at the same time and a site's still let me in would point to that.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If memory serves, Alpha set up some fancy Javascript to encrypt your password before it sends it to the server to prevent any man-in-the-middle attacks. My guess is that he set it up to trim excess whitespace before encrypting the password and that's what you're experiencing.

SeñorAmor on