As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage

1565758596062»

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

Why the fuck does Showdown at Shea have Cole/Foley announcing it?!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2011
    the cole/foley bits were hilarious

are you upset because they're doing commentary at all or do you not understand that they're apparently doing commentary for its broadcast on that wwe 24/7 thing

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Chuck Taylor is my favorite Indy wrestler for that very reason.

I wish I could find the video. Theres one of Chuck Taylor throwing a hand grenade into the crowd and a little girl starts crying and he turns around and you can hear him chuckle out a "And now I feel bad"

I know the one you're talking about...

...I've been looking forever for a clip where somebody at the ECW arena hands Chuck a tray of muffins and he replies by yelling "I HATE MUFFINS!" and punting the tray into the audience.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    the uh-gravy uh-bowla match

IT'S "WOMEN'S"!

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WWE Raw star and current Champion John Cena is said to be currently working through several injuries. The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Cena is battling neck and hip issues, as well as persistent and lingering elbow issues. While nothing has been mentioned in terms of him taking off any time in the ring, it's being said that Cena is more beat up then he is letting on. More on this developing story as it becomes available.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WWE Raw star and current Champion John Cena is said to be currently working through several injuries. The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Cena is battling neck and hip issues, as well as persistent and lingering elbow issues. While nothing has been mentioned in terms of him taking off any time in the ring, it's being said that Cena is more beat up then he is letting on. More on this developing story as it becomes available.

Oh wow, you mean a WWE star is working through their injuries? Top-notch fucking reporting there, TWO. Never would have guessed.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jesus, Kreutz, somebody kill your cat or something?

Goose! on
  • Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cena never takes time off, and when you think he's live via satellite, he's actually just backstage on a set. When you think he's out for surgery, he's actually backstage controlling the lights and music.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    CarbonRodCarbonRod Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is Cena trying to be Hulk Hogan's favorite wrestler?

"Work til you're crippled, then work some more BROTHER!"

CarbonRod on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey I saw that Best of Monday Night Nitro is out on DVD. Is it any good? '97-99 WCW is all I care about for wrestling.

you should care about all of wcw you jerk

also yes it is

Really? Even the part that has The Alliance To End Hulkamania clusterfuck match?

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey I saw that Best of Monday Night Nitro is out on DVD. Is it any good? '97-99 WCW is all I care about for wrestling.

also yes it is

Really? Even the part that has The Alliance To End Hulkamania clusterfuck match?

especially that

I mean, it's not hot

but you need to see it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011

also yes it is

especially that

I mean, it's not hot

but you need to see it

Nice subtle joke there. ALso I guess he needs to watch the mini movies that were used to hype PPVs.

SPIN THE WHEEL MAKE THE DEAL

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got the macho man dvd collection last night for 10 buck

good purchase or best purchase

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    best purchase

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I'm reading the ongoing results of TNA's 9th anniversary show, Slammiversary

It's absolutely hilarious
    Matt Morgan beat Scott Steiner
    Abyss kept the X Division title
    Crimson beat Samoa Joe. Again.
    Mickie James kept her belt after botching the everloving shit out of her finisher.
    AJ Styles lost a Last Man Standing match to Bully Ray after literally tripping and falling face first through the side of the stage. Yes, that is a thing that actually happened.
    Sting lost his World title to Mr. Anderson, and that wasn't even the main event. For some reason, Jarrett/Angle is, and that's happening right now.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I'm reading the ongoing results of TNA's 9th anniversary show, Slammiversary

It's absolutely hilarious
    AJ Styles lost a Last Man Standing match to Bully Ray after literally tripping and falling face first through the side of the stage. Yes, that is a thing that actually happened.

Like on purpose?

was there at least a banana peel?

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    sometimes I love TNA's idiocy

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No.

It was apparently supposed to be that he was so exhausted that that occurred.

So there is literally no way in hell that makes sense. No matter how you describe that, there is no way it will ever make sense.

I'm literally speechless after having read that. Typing it was even worse. There are people who actually thought that would be a great ending to a match. And those people got paid for that thought.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Probably not just paid, praised

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We're all in the wrong business.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    vincerusso.jpg

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I still say it is not russo who is the problem with tna

they were pretty neat with just him

hogan and bischoff are the thing making it.what it is

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think they three can share the blame

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It was best in that brief time frame that Russo was gone and we had that awesome Joe vs Angle feud when Angle went to TNA.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    the main event mafia and matt morgan's push happened with just russo

also the golden time of steiner not knowing the mem broke up

also heel don west

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just to let you guys know, AJ Styles jumped off this metal "column" gimmick, falling 20+ feet onto "Bully" Ray who was laid out on a table. Right before the 10 count was finished, "Bully" kicked him over, into the little wall thing, as he staggered up for a moment to win.

I can't say I like the finish, but it was an awesome match. More "hardcore" than any of the waste of time barbed wire light tube deathmatch nonsense matches I've seen in the past.

Also the reason Angle went last is because of the screwy finish for the Anderson/Sting match, sending the fans home happy instead of pissed.

As far as the Mickie James stuff, I dislike her, she botches constantly, and I have 0 clue how she still gets work.

edit: THERE'S 2 F's IN "MAFFIA"!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXXzMP693l4

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As far as the Mickie James stuff, I dislike her, she botches constantly, and I have 0 clue how she still gets work.

She's probably fucking Hogan.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jokes aside, Hogan's new wife is waaaaaaay hotter than Mickie James ever thought about being.

It could be an Arnie syndrome though.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nooo, Hogan's new wife just makes me think he wants to fuck his daughter. For really reals, Brooke in 15 years = new wife.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've always secretly wondered... Maybe Hogan still works for Vince and he was sent to destroy TNA from within.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I said that in the last thread - I managed to see 1 episode of Hogan knows best, in which he signed a 20 year contract with Vince...

Fuckin' double-agent or some shit.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bret hart had a 20 year deal with vince too

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    And Bret Hart is currently with the WWE, yes.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Somebody posted that match finish on youtube.

It looks like the intention was for Bully Ray to shove AJ into the side of the stage with his foot...

...which is no less stupid than AJ slipping in a puddle of his blood or whatever.

In fact, it's maybe more stupid since legally not Bubba is more or less no-selling the highspot.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.