As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Renaissance of Phalla (Tie Game)

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I have this strange suspicious feeling about !LaOs. It may be the "reasonable" post so soon after the start of the day, and the so-called approval of a villager being killed.

Well, since your reasoning for voting for me is vague and sort of gut-based, I can't really offer an argument to refut it except to say that I am simply a Villager. I got home around midnight or whatever last night and decided to catch up on the day and the votes, and then thought I'd get my feelings out there early to it wasn't lost in a sea of nonsense or people getting caught up in a bandwagon.

Clearly it worked... just not as I hoped. :P

Still, I remain suspicious of JaysonFour and will now vote for him in the interest of self-preservation.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    !LaOs is as good as any right now.

Serves you right for defending me. Jerk.

(Cesca and I are obviously in league)

Got that right, jerk.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Oh joy my first Phalla post! Who do I vote for...

!vote JaysonFour

Why? I dunno, seems like a good idea to me.

While I appreciate any vote at this point that isn't for me, and personally believe JaysonFour to be my most suspicious target... it's Day 3 and there are lots of reasons to come up with for voting for someone. Votes like this and Element Brian's are really strange...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Why are you just now getting suspicious of me? The hell.

I tend to agree. You were around yesterday, Wandering Hero--what makes you just now suspicious?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I would suggest looking at the people who have votes on them today and decide from the lot, Savant.

I would consider myself a waste at this point, but I am in the lot, so look at me as well.

I still like the LaOs option, personally. But I don't really have anything to back it up.

Because there's no backup to be had. :P

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment. Peas in a pod, you and I.

LaOs on
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Personally I don't see the J4 wagon, after having been masoned with him before I just think this is him being him.

And yeesh LaOs, enough posts! :P

Cythraul on
    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Personally I don't see the J4 wagon, after having been masoned with him before I just think this is him being him.

And yeesh LaOs, enough posts! :P

I was just catching up with the thread, responding as I came across posts.

Right now I'm going to go back through yesterday's votes--there was a count offered at one point that I think was wrong, so I need to double-check that anyway.

For now I'm voting for pablo_price so that he and I are no longer tied in Second Place.

LaOs on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    LaOs wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Oh joy my first Phalla post! Who do I vote for...

!vote JaysonFour

Why? I dunno, seems like a good idea to me.

While I appreciate any vote at this point that isn't for me, and personally believe JaysonFour to be my most suspicious target... it's Day 3 and there are lots of reasons to come up with for voting for someone. Votes like this and Element Brian's are really strange...

It's my first day actually following the Phalla, and I wasn't going to read back thru everything, so I just voted for who Simon voted for last time since he said he was going to take me under his wing.

That's my reasoning.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    you have to retract your old vote.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Jokerman wrote: »
    you have to retract your old vote.

Gah, that's so dumb. With the Magic Box, it's not necessary (and my spreadsheet doesn't require it either, so I forget about it)...

Anyway, I'll retract JaysonFour and vote anew for ]pablo_price in the interests of breaking the Second Place Tie we're in.

LaOs on
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm about to head to bed for work but I still haven't come to a satisfying conclusion as to where my vote should go. I think I'm going to have to go with JaysonFour, not because the logic is terribly compelling but it's the only call I can see with even faint logic behind it. We lynched someone else for tying the vote when it was Jason who caused the tie that actually ended up mattering, correct? This still makes me feel like I'm being predictable and probably playing right into the mafia's hands. Still anything else would be a stab in the dark, which I entrust to our fine vigilantes.

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Anyway, my look back found that Baidol had posted an incorrect post count at the top of one of the pages, before the swing for JaysonFour got going (kuhlmeye was around 12-11 votes and TehSpectre was around 5-6). It could have simply been a miscalculation, because I don't really see what he could have accomplished by fudging the numbers like he did at that stage. (I also could have messed up in my double-check, but am confident in my numbers.)

There wasn't a whole lot else that stuck out on my quick scan. There were a couple strange posts, either drive-by votes or posts with really odd reasonings, but some of that could likely be attributed to the posters simply being mistaken about some of what they were talking about (how the deaths went down on Day 1, for example). There were a few noticible low-lying strange-posting folk, though, and pablo_price is one of them (the other is Farangu). They really just make me want to pay closer attention to them is all. (I'm just lucky Savant voted for pablo_price, giving me someone else to vote for so I don't sit in second or a tie in second.)

I'm heading for some food now, though, so I'll catch the rest of you later.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So, looking at the magic box do you guys wanna get a decent 2nd place set up in case of shenanigans? Or are you on top of that savant?

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    As Jayson has more then enough votes

JaysonFour

pablo_price to shore up second place

101 on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't have the link to the magic box right now. Could someone give a vote tally?

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    JaysonFour: 13 (spool32, chamberlain, MyDcmbr, Elldren, Greeper, Honk, Jason Todd, Dread Pirate Arbuthnot, Thomamelas, simonwolf, evilbob, JebusUD, AngryPuppy)
    pablo_price: 4 (Lucedes, Savant, LaOs, 101)
    LaOs: 2 (BobCesca, TehSpectre)
    Witch Doctor, DBM: 1 (Teucrian)
    Farangu: 1 (FecklessRogue)
    Elldren: 1 (JaysonFour)
    TehSpectre: 1 (Wandering Hero)
    Zandracon: 1 (Drez)
    Lucedes: 1 (Arasaki)
    Oats: 1 (DasUberEdward)
    Drez: 1 (Void Slayer)
    Egos: 1 (Element Brian)

link

101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thank you.

Bunch of people have yet to vote. Time to go back and read by pablo is being pushed into second.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    LaOs did so out of self preservation - pushing it to 3-2.

I made it 4-2 pablo-LaOs to try and avoid tie shinnanigans.
    Though if the mafia killed pablo and LaOs they could take like 10 people out.

e: unless i'm not understanding the tie mechanics correctly?

101 on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    101 wrote: »
    LaOs did so out of self preservation - pushing it to 3-2.

I made it 4-2 pablo-LaOs to try and avoid tie shinnanigans.
    Though if the mafia killed pablo and LaOs they could take like 10 people out.

They'd have to kill Jaysonfour, pablo and Laos to do that. It's a little close for comfort, but they shouldn't be able to pull that off.

Savant on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    pablo_price
    to help make things a little less close.

Egos on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    If I'm alive tomorrow, I promise to give the thread a more thorough read. For now, I've done some skim-speed perusing. I can't believe we're still talking about ties and "cleaning up Day One shenanigans" on Day Three. God, my eyes. I'm not convinced JaysonFour has done anything that really suggests he is mafia, so I'll just avoid that bandwagon even though it doesn't seem to matter anyway at this point.

I do, however, find TehSpectre suspicious. He's smart enough to toe that line of seeming to be helpful while exploiting easy directions to point fingers in. I'm suspicious of three things: (a) the speed at which he jumped on kuhlmyeye after the results of Day Two came in, (b) his fervent appeal to "gut feeling" throughout Day Two which is certainly something I've done but not when I've been paying as much attention to the thread as TehSpectre was throughout Day Two, and (c) because he claims to have seen Horrible Bosses yesterday. Really, TehSpectre? Really? That's totally something a mafia would go see on a Saturday.

But he's hard to read. And I don't want to make the mistake of pointing my finger at someone just for being "too active," which may be all I'm doing. Some mafia definitely stay as active as possible, but just because someone is highly active doesn't mean anything.

So, for now, I'm going to !retract Zandracon and instead vote for !Cythraul who seems to be straddling inactivity despite being a new but smart player. I also missed why a guardian might have guarded him yesterday? Did I miss something?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I believe in having a healthily-tiered vote to avoid shenanigans.

pablo_price

(retracted my vote for Spectre in an earlier post)

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    yeah, that big list of people with one vote is scary.

In the interests of further tiering I'll retract !JaysonFour and vote for !Witch Doctor, DBM

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Vacation's over tomorrow so hopefully I should be able to be around more. Until then, I'm going to throw out a vote for jaysonfour and go back to spending time with the folks

Phyphor on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Voting for !JaysonFour.

Oats on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Pablo Price

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I haven't been skirting inactivity, check the magic box!

Anyway I realize I haven't voted yet tonight. Gonna support the network with pablo_price in the hopes they have more info than I do.

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    While I still like !LaOs as a vote target, Savant may know something I don't.

So, !pablo_price.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'll put JaysonFour farther ahead, the gap between 1 and 2 is closing in :/

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oh yeah

my placeholder vote starts a bandwagon

on a villager

i bet

Lucedes on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I don't think the reasoning for either target is very solid.

I'm voting Void Slayer for being quiet...too quiet. Unless his play style has changed, which it could have. Or he's on vacation.

daniant on
  • Options
    ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'll help out the second place with a vote for pablo_price

ShadowThomas on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    !JaysonFour, as I don't want to see another tie.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Uh, late, but !Pablo_price?

(Being filled in would be rad.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Congratulations. You've managed to waste another day chasing your tails. I'm village.

I doubt you'll learn anything from my death except that I'm a favorite bandwagon target of networks with no leads and mafia who want to kill a day and waste the vote.

I only hope that the vigs find a mafia, or you've wasted another night.

In any case, I guess I'll see you guys next phalla, where I'll try not to be such an obvious target.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Witch Doctor, to prevent possible shenanigans.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »

pablo_price was voted for by Lucedes as a placeholder/throwaway. Savant then came and voted for him, not trusting his voting record and believing him to be playing under the radar. At that point, I voted for pablo_price because he and I were then tied in Second with 2 votes each and I didn't like that--one, I was tied for second (too close for comfort!) and two, having ties within the first three vote-earners is dangerous. It was early in the day, but I took the first chance I had at self-preservation.

Since then, it's sort of been a bandwagon to keep pablo_price in second, I think largely due to growing momentum and maybe some people following Savant's instincts (since he may have extra information). JaysonFour is still well in the lead, there's a solid second (pablo_price), and Witch Doctor, DBM is in third but there are a bunch of us tied with one vote after that. I don't think it would come to that at least, since we're in 4th place, all us one-vote folk.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    LaOs wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

pablo_price was voted for by Lucedes as a placeholder/throwaway. Savant then came and voted for him, not trusting his voting record and believing him to be playing under the radar. At that point, I voted for pablo_price because he and I were then tied in Second with 2 votes each and I didn't like that--one, I was tied for second (too close for comfort!) and two, having ties within the first three vote-earners is dangerous. It was early in the day, but I took the first chance I had at self-preservation.

Since then, it's sort of been a bandwagon to keep pablo_price in second, I think largely due to growing momentum and maybe some people following Savant's instincts (since he may have extra information). JaysonFour is still well in the lead, there's a solid second (pablo_price), and Witch Doctor, DBM is in third but there are a bunch of us tied with one vote after that. I don't think it would come to that at least, since we're in 4th place, all us one-vote folk.

Personally, I voted for PP because

1. When I voted, there was a huge bandwagon on JaysonFour and not much vote distribution otherwise, and I wanted a solid second place to be established.

2. Savant is the only one that we know for a fact is trustworthy right now, so I figure voting with him is safe.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    And, since I'm not convinced I'm going to live through the night, I just want to say once again that I am in fact a Villager. I stand by my suspicion of JaysonFour when I started it yesterday and haven't come across anything that was more suspicious today. It's likely that he'll die a Villager, simply due to the numbers. I really hope not, because it'll have been another mostly wasted day, but also because then I'm a really good-looking target for tomorrow since JaysonFour is based mostly off me it seems.

daniant has been taking little potshot votes with suspicious reasoning--especially kuhlmeye on Day 2. Was a one line vote for kuhlmeye, the last vote for him of the day, taking him to 17 total votes (2nd place had 10) with less than an hour to vote close, reasoning that "ties are bad." Nevermind that a tie his vote could impact was nearly impossible.

And, again, I'll just mention that I find Farangu's activity level and posting record strange.

Anyway, just in case I die, this is what I've been thinking about.

LaOs on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    oh hey, a wagon started on me while I was at work. I don't have an elaborate defense except to point out that my posting/voting patterns are always relatively sparse.

I'm voting for !Witch Doctor, DBM to assure a solid 3rd place. there are 10 people with 1 vote on them and it would suck greatly for all of them to eat a tie for 3rd if the mafia pulled their day 1 stunt again.

SaraLuna on