As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So some girl named Amy Winehouse is dead

1235»

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    thread is severely lacking Amy Winehouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojdbDYahiCQ

one of my favorite songs of hers, actually made a presentation in college about it (had to think of a song that ~spoke~ to us or something shallow like that)

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    I always liked the music videos they would talk over

I kinda hope that in one of the new episodes, they watch a music video of Justin Bieber

Their potential reactions to hearing him, then seeing him could be hilarious

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    I doubt it would stand up on TV today seeing as nobody actually shows videos anymore.

But they should do a youtube series like that

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Staleghoti wrote:
    I doubt it would stand up on TV today seeing as nobody actually shows videos anymore.

But they should do a youtube series like that

I read somewhere that they're gonna use technology like Youtube to watch music videos, seeing as how MTV rarely does

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Zonugal, I always figured you'd be a person who loved Beavis and Butthead.

I'm kinda surprised.

I'm not the biggest fan of really, crass humor. To give you a solid sense of my television habits I was one of four kids at my high school who regularly watched Frasier.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Staleghoti wrote:
    I always liked the music videos they would talk over

I kinda hope that in one of the new episodes, they watch a music video of Justin Bieber

Their potential reactions to hearing him, then seeing him could be hilarious

Them talking about the music videos was my favorite part of the show. If they cut everything else out and just left that, I would be happy.

Weird coincidence, I've had Beavis screaming about the great Bungholio as my text notification on my phone for awhile now.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I wish mike judge had stopped making movies after office space

and stopped making tv shows after king of the hill

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    really he should have skipped extract, idiocracy and the goode family or whatever that hippie cartoon was and just started immediately working on new beavis and butthead stuff

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    idiocracy had quotable parts

none of which I will be quoting right now for a completely unrelated reason....

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Literally the only good part about Idiocracy was that it had Terry Crews as the U.S. President

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    So hey, I don't think she was that good anyway!

Oh wow, classy. "I don't care about the death of this specific human being because she didn't do anything I was interested in. ALSO I'm really glad THIS person I do like is still very much alive! She's much better than that dead lady!"

That's pretty awful of you. Though it's more or less what I've come to expect of you.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    And with that the X family is severed.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote:
    And with that the Ecks family is Severed.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    At least Betty Ford showed up in heaven a few days early.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Spectre-x wrote:

Oh wow, classy. "I don't care about the death of this specific human being because she didn't do anything I was interested in. ALSO I'm really glad THIS person I do like is still very much alive! She's much better than that dead lady!"

That's pretty awful of you. Though it's more or less what I've come to expect of you.

My issue with the whole situation is that her death will cement her as some kind of music icon, when really she wasn't that good.

If she hadn't of died, she'd still be regarded as someone who wrote a few good songs but never followed up with more/better material as she couldn't kick her addictions

Karl on
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Karl wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:

My issue with the whole situation is that her death will cement her as some kind of music icon, when really she wasn't that good.

If she hadn't of died, she'd still be regarded as someone who wrote a few good songs but never followed up with more/better material as she couldn't kick her addictions

Dude, Back to Black was an awesome album!

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    jippeejippee Registered User regular
    And even when I don't like Frank as much as BtB, Karl's argument is kinda suggesting that Music Iconishness is or should be based on the quality of their work. Which would lead to a very tedious discussion about the amount of mediocre crap icons like Hendrix, Morrison, Lennon, Cobain et al have managed to produce along the way.

Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    me and mister jones is my favorite amy winehouse song because it is about nas