We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

Monitor death throes? - Cyan Fuzz on my Screen

CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all. So, I've had my 24 inch Westinghouse for awhile now, but our relationship has been running into problems as of late. A few days ago, I turned it on, only to see a ton of cyan/blue "fuzz" dominating the left-most portion of my screen. Here's a photo of it, for reference:


So, I went into troubleshooting mode. I hooked it up to my 360 and ran a few games, just to see if it wasn't a video card issue. The blue fuzz showed up in each of them, so it's not anything in the computer. Then, I tried swapping out different connection ports (I'm usually hooked up to my PC through HDMI, but I tried DVI in this case), which still produced the blue fuzz that you see above.

So, I'm going to assume that there's not much to do, aside from buying a new monitor. If you either know what it is or know how to fix it, that would be splendid. Thanks, all.

Crapfestival on


  • corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's the electronics on the LCD panel gone bad. Not much you can do except replace the monitor. You could replace just the LCD panel but it's so expensive it's not worth it.

    At least you can still use it as a secondary monitor. I had one that did something like that in the middle of the screen, making it totally unusable.

    Darmak wrote: »
    Something is wrong with me
  • CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User
    Well, poo. I figured as much.

    Guess I'll go searching for a replacement, in that case. Thanks for the diagnosis.

  • billwillbillwill Registered User regular
    Not to shamelessly plug but I just got a new 24 inch monitor three days ago and it's pretty great.

    You should consider this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004R5SLOG

    I hate you and you hate me.
Sign In or Register to comment.