As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We'll call it a new "I have a question" thread

Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Games and Technology
I hate to start a whole new thread for this, but I can't seem to find the "I have a question" thread.

I've been wanting a fun racing game to play, and the newer NFS Hot Persuit game looks pretty cool. I just need to know how it plays. Is it more simmy like Forza or GT? Or is it more arcadey like Burnout?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
Skull2185 on

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    It is extremely arcadey. There is nothing simmy about it. In fact it plays very much like Burnout because it was basically developed by the same team, to the point where I saw some NFS fans complain it was too Burnout-ish.

It's a fun game, but there are way too many time trial missions, especially on the police side. And I have no idea if there's any online community still.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Cool, does a lack of online community hurt it at all then? Or is there solid single player content?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Cool, does a lack of online community hurt it at all then? Or is there solid single player content?

There's a lot of single-player content. Like I said, sometimes it seems like half of it is time trials. If the online community is dead, you'll lose the fun of using autolog to try to beat your friends' times.

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I would strongly suggest the DiRT series. #'s two and three, specifically. Arcade vs. Sim debate aside, the pure fun factor of these is almost unmatched in modern racing games.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Is this the new question thread then?

If so, is there a RAGE thread? I can't seem to find one and I want to talk about it.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Has anyone spoken about NFS:Shift 2?
    I loved the original and thinking about picking up the new one, wondering how it compares.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Is this the new question thread then?

If so, is there a RAGE thread? I can't seem to find one and I want to talk about it.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/31410/rage-ids-newest-ip-and-engine-5

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain the differences between the pre-3DS DS hardware?

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.