As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 46 - Game of Champs #4 - Game Over! Khorne VP Victory!

1234568»

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Seductress to Norsca.

3/7 PP

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Round 5, Summoning Phase

game46state1j.png

OW Card Effects -
    Each Peasant token on the board raises the Resistance of the region it occupies by one.

In the end phase, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token.
    Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Spell Effects:
    Troll Country: Dazzle - One of each enemy cultists will not place corruption here
    Troll Country: Blood Frenzy - 2 early battle dice round
    Estalia: Battle Cry - No corruption placed here this round
    Estalia: Blood Frenzy - 2 early battle dice round
    The Border Princes: Field of Carnage - No enemy figures may be summoned away from here

Nurgle & Tzeentch are done.
    Khorne is active.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    ...Nurgle, I gotta ask: Why all the Warriors? And just 1 cultist? I don't get the plan there.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    Field of Carnage to The Badlands.

1/8 PP

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Seductress to Norsca.

2/7 PP

• Options
    Bloodsworn to The Border Princes.

0/8 PP, Slaanesh
    to finish it up.

• Options
    Daemonette to Troll Country.

0/7 PP

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Round 5, Battle Phase

game46state1.png

OW Card Effects -
    Each Peasant token on the board raises the Resistance of the region it occupies by one.

In the end phase, remove all cultists from every region containing at least one Event token.
    Then move all Event tokens in play to the region with the most corruption tokens.

Spell Effects:
    Troll Country: Dazzle - One of each enemy cultists will not place corruption here
    Troll Country: Blood Frenzy - 2 early battle dice round
    Estalia: Battle Cry - No corruption placed here this round
    Estalia: Blood Frenzy - 2 early battle dice round
    The Border Princes: Field of Carnage - No enemy figures may be summoned away from here

Norsca: 8 dice; 2 dice
    Troll Country: 2 early dice & 2 reg Bloodsworn dice & 2 more reg Bloodletter dice if KoS doesn't survive early dice;
    3 or 5 dice (depending on KoS survival)
    Estalia: 2 dice
    The Border Princes: 2 dice; 4 dice

Please roll in order.

stever777 on

• Options
    Once again, stealing a Bloodletter in Troll Country. We'll see if it survives to roll dice. :P

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Post fixed. Mmmm. Complicated.

stever777 on

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Should be:
    Troll Country: 2 early dice & 2 reg dice & 2 more reg dice if KoS dies early; up to 5 dice (depending on survival)

• Options
    Y'know, there's a legit chance the game doesn't end this turn. Huh.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Norsca: 7 hits, killing one Seductress and exterminating the Acolytes (one wasted hit)

EDIT: I have no idea why I keep typing "Estalia" for region randomly.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    :(

• Options
    susan wrote:

You know both Khorne and I have been setting that up on purpose, right? :P I had to delay because I wasn't going to double this round, so my only shot is next round, and if he doubles this round and next round, he'll definitely have more points than me on the tiebreaker. Very exciting, even though my chances are pretty low.

• Options
    Khorne, I think you can roll in Troll Country (if you haven't already); not all that important to endgame how many Bloodletters Slaanesh kills there.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Hey, everybody's rolling well this game. 2 hits in Norsca takes out two Bloodletters.

blahmcblah on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    blahmcblah wrote:
    susan wrote:

You know both Khorne and I have been setting that up on purpose, right? :P I had to delay because I wasn't going to double this round, so my only shot is next round, and if he doubles this round and next round, he'll definitely have more points than me on the tiebreaker. Very exciting, even though my chances are pretty low.

I thought you were gonna try a crazy endaround and steal one of Nurgle's cultists in Estalia to try and double this turn. *shrug* Oh well. My plans are all coming up for naught this game anyway. And of course, if Nurgle doesn't kill both of Khorne's cultists in Border Princes, it's all academic regardless.

susan on
  • Options
    Your Dazzle killed my shot at a double, which is why I was sorta pissed at you earlier. It probably wasn't going to happen anyway, but you dashed all hope. :P

I'm actually surprised you didn't summon an Acolyte to Badlands just to move the last Warpstone to Norsca. Then Norsca would ruin and you would've had a shot at winning on VP if Nurgle killed all the Bloodsworn in BP. Of course that chance went away when Khorne and Nurgle took away your domination in BP and Badlands, and if you had summoned an Acolyte to Badlands, Khorne may well have just played FoC early, but who knows?

Either way, it's all going to be up to Nurgle. If he rolls 2+ hits, does he spite Khorne for playing that Battle Cry, even though it means he plays all of Round 6 with no chance of winning? Or does he decide to just let it end with his bitter enemy winning? Maybe he whiffs and it's all moot. THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME

• Options
    Troll Country: One early hit ends...the controlled Bloodletter. :D
    Two hits take down the Daemonette.

• Options
    Oh snap. All that blather and the game ends in a Khorne VP win anyway, because I was too stupid to move one of my Seductresses out of Troll Country. EPIC FAIL :(:(:(

• Options
    Also too stupid to steal a Bloodsworn instead of the Bloodletter, lolol

• Options
    Good game all, and well done FWD! Khorne VP is kicking ass lately, huh?

• Options
    Noooooooooooooo!!! :)

GG Khorne! Now go defend our honor in Game 50!

• Options
    Estalia: Four (!) hits cleanse the region of Lepers.
    The Border Princes: Two hits hits take care of the Leper and a Plaguebearer.

• Options
    Thanks, guys!

My strategy pretty much hinged on my hope that you would all play as if I were going for the dial. Oh yeah, and also on being super ridiculously lucky.

• Options
    It'll make me feel much better if Nurgle whiffs now, haha.

• Options
    lodwilklodwilk Registered User regular
    Ya good game Khorne, just as a heads up I will bear a grudge against you until the end of time for that Battle Cry. Seriously though, you played very well this game and I'm curious to see how the final game of champs goes.

• Options
    Overall, I got 46 hits off 56 dice this game (including two rounds at a 1:1 ratio). That's just unreal.

• Options
    blahmcblah wrote:

3 hits killing two bloodsworn and 1 acolyte

• Options
    lodwilk wrote:
    blahmcblah wrote:

3 hits killing two bloodsworn and 1 acolyte

Bastard. :P

• Options
    The best part is that I had made that roll before reading your post and was about to submit it before doing a quick reread. I quickly made sure to quote you and then post.

• Options
    Man, I'm sure I'm analyzing it to death, but the more I think about it, the more I realize just how huge a blunder it was to put that second Seductress into Troll Country. If the game went one more round, I probably would've won. Why? Because Khorne would've needed to double-tick or stop me from ticking altogether. Either of those would've been difficult. He has all his figures left on the board in just two regions. I've got Field of Ecstasy, and he only has one Battle Cry left in his deck. To get a just a second DAC (by no means a guaranteed double-tick), he'd need to spend a minimum of 4 PP just to get to Border Princes, and if Tzeentch played Stasis or Teleport, it'd be even more difficult. I think the real reason I didn't move that Seductress out was because I thought I'd get 1 hit on 3 dice, but I should've learned by now to NEVER COUNT ON THE DICE.

Ok, that's off my chest now. Eventually I'll stop beating myself up over it, but for now I'm just stunned that I lost on such an obvious misplay. I really need to play my next game soon.

• Options
    ...You had a Field of Extacy...?

• Options
    Yes, but I couldn't play it this round without losing. FoE in Norsca or Troll Country guarantees someone else wins on VP.

• Options
    susan wrote:
    ...You had a Field of Extacy...?
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Yes, but I couldn't play it this round without losing. FoE in Norsca or Troll Country guarantees someone else wins on VP.

Yes, yes I know.

*drinks*

• Options
    Round 5, Corruption Phase

Board at the End of Battle Phase

game46state1.png

Domination Step
    Norsca: +3 VP
    Troll Country: +3 VP
    The Border Princes: +1 VP

Corruption Step
    Norsca: +3 DAC
    Troll Country: +1; +1
    The Border Princes: +3 DAC

Check for ruined regions:
    Troll Country ruined third: +4 VP; +4 VP
    The Border Princes ruined fourth: +5 VP

Updated VP's:
    Khorne: 43 + 4 = 47
    Nurgle: 30 + 1 = 31
    Tzeentch: 35 + 5 = 40
    Slaanesh: 18 + 10 = 28

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Round 5, End Phase

Board at the beginning of the End Phase

game46state1.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - No cards will remain.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - None.

3. Resolve Old World cards - 2 Seductresses & 2 Bloodsworn die in Troll Country.
    Teclis then returns to clean up Norsca, again.

4. Score Ruined Regions -
    Troll Country: +7 VP; +3 VP; +3 VP
    The Border Princes: +9 VP; +4 VP; +3 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne had 4 DAC's and two others had 1.
    Khorne ticks twice and Tzeentch & Slaanesh tick once.
    Khorne:
    28 - Upgrade card
    31 - Draw 2 Chaos cards

Tzeentch:
    21 - Place 2 Warpstones

Slaanesh:
    27 - Remove 2 Old World Tokens

Updated Victory Points:
    Khorne: 47 + 7 = 54
    Nurgle: 31 + 6 = 36
    Tzeentch: 40 + 9 = 49
    Slaanesh: 28 + 7 = 35

6. Check for Game end - The game does end.

Khorne wins a VP Victory!

Board at game end -

game46state1g.png

stever777 on

• Options
    GG all & nice win, FWD!