As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 8-10-11: Holycrapmom

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited August 2011 in Graphic Violence
Batgirl #24, pick it up, won't you? The best mother daughter talk from comics in years:

img235-1.jpg

img236-1.jpg

img237.jpg

And Detective #881 was phenomenal as well, almost on this panel alone:

img231-1.jpg

img228.jpg

Babs stabs her brother in the eye, and then Jim shoots both of James legs out. And this great scene between Dick and Jim at the end:

img232.jpg

TexiKen on

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Preliminary MOTW:

My LCS was giving away free trades of the first 3 issues of Greg Pak's Vision Machine. I'm sure a bunch of places got these, but that's still bad ass. Can't wait to read it after work tonight.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Far as I know, Vision Machine is just three issues. It's a pretty complete story; I haven't heard of any plans to extend it. So, it's less "the fist three issues of Greg Pak's Vision Machine" and more "Greg Pak's Vision Machine".

(I got my free copy directly from the man himself at a signing he was doing a while ago. One of the perks of living in New York City.)

(You should all move to New York City.)

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I did not know that.

That is even more awesome. Super, super cool.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    What I really appreciate, also, is that the whole thing is Creative Commons. Do you want to make a collage of all the art in the book? Do you want to re-write all the text in the speech bubbles? Do you want to write a short story that uses only the words that appear in "Vision Machine"? You can make all of these derivative works without worrying about someone coming after your ass with lawyers.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Good Steph. Best Batgirl.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    MOTW was Detective Comics 881, of course. Also grabbed the Cloak and Dagger Spider-Island tie-in, and loved the choice of villain.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote:
    Far as I know, Vision Machine is just three issues. It's a pretty complete story; I haven't heard of any plans to extend it. So, it's less "the fist three issues of Greg Pak's Vision Machine" and more "Greg Pak's Vision Machine".

(I got my free copy directly from the man himself at a signing he was doing a while ago. One of the perks of living in New York City.)

Same I got it from Jim Hanley's I think.

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote:

Movin' to NY is the dream, man.

Also, what the heck is Vision Machine all about?

galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    animaleanimale Registered User regular
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    another Last Stand of the Wreckers pinup was revealed this week
    wrecknruleAAprint_1312955922.jpg

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    animale wrote:

Done deal, thanks.

Edit: God damn it Anti. I'm poor enough!

I had to read my old singles by candle light the other night cos in previous weeks I'd spent too much money on comics rather than electricity!

Stop reminding me there's TF comics I should be buying!

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    :3

that's right, the new ish of the Ongoing written by James Roberts came out

it owns owns owns

Antimatter on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    The last issue of batgirl was fucking bittersweet as shit

Oh, Stephanie brown, please be safe after flashpoint

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    She has been confirmed to still be around, probably as Spoiler.

She was also in the rumored JLAcademy/Young Justice book as well as Damian, Blue Beetle and a bunch of other awesome characters.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Young Justice could be like Teen Titans but done right

That would be nice

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    God I loved Peter David's YJ. I was just getting back into comics, and something about that book struck a chord. I'm sad that we never really got to see more of Slobo and Secret

But Batgirl was great. As good of an ending as we could hope to get I guess.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Last issue of Batgirl is the moment of the week hands down.

The bits Texi posted, the montage in the middle, Steph managing to win even while drugged out on space plant, the ending

Everything

• Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    The best was Hellboy: The Fury #3. But the best was ALWAYS going to be Hellboy: The Fury #3.

Apart from that, Batgirl was charming, but didn't exactly feel like a full story. Detective was an improvement over last issue, but I find James less and less interesting as a villain, even if the end of his confrontation with Gordon was perfect. ASM was more groundwork and needs to move forward now.

It was definitely a great week though.