As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eclipse Phase - Of Transhumanism Conspiracy and Horror - Free download!

124»

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is your smuggling going to take them between cities, into the outback so to speak? Or is done it in the back alleys of civilisation? Or a bit of both?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    So in a bout of boredom I started reading the rulebook and really like it. I do have a couple of problems with it that I wanted to get other peoples opinions on.
    1. Inconsistancy between wanting to roll low and high. Generally you want to roll low to get a high margin of success, but in a contested action you want to roll high. I think this is to give the lower skill person a better chance, but how much does changing it so that the person with the higher MoS wins a contested action? The problem with it would be that if someone is shooting at you for instance they could get a MoS larger then your fray roll and then you're just dead.
    2. Some of the morphs seem inconsistent. Why do uplifted apes in neohominids get 15 more stat points then a splicer? It seems odd flavourwise.
    3. Buying morphs with CP. My problem with this is you can spend 100 CP on a fury morph lets say, but then if it dies you're just out all those points. Wheras if you had put those points into skills and apptitudes you could just have a flat that you used your starting credit to buy the basic mods for and feel free to throw your body away.

All that said the game seems fun and even makes me want to do a PbP on the forum. I'd be up for GMing it if people were interested.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm reading through the core book now, and it seems pretty interesting. I'm not even to the mechanics stuff yet, still the setting information. It's different enough to cause trouble getting my head around it, but I imagine that's true for most folks.

• Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    If someone GM'd I would play. I tried to GM one a while ago here but real life got in the way.

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    OK. I have an idea for a campaign that I'm gonna write up. I might post the outline on RPG.net for criticism which might have some spoilers so no peeking. My screenname there is the same as here.

• Options
    edited August 2011
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Hello yes I have run this most excellent of games before

AGI's 4 lyfe

Solar on