As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wurm Online: Notch, creator of Minecraft, co-created this MMO. Now Free to Play!

2»

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So what's the latest haps on this game? Any big changes or plans coming up?

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Most changes recently have been centered around the wild server, like removing all champs and completely changing the champ system, but Rolf did buy three brand new servers recently. This removed finishing lag which had been awful for about a year. He also moved them to his backyard, which added a small amount of latency for non-Europeans, but not enough to complain about. He also made sleep bonus start frozen when you log in, which is something people have wanted for years.

He's still working on coding Epic, supposedly. I'm sure someone will post about it when that happens.

The graphics team continues to make much more progress than Rolf. Besides the spell effects that are cool but are almost never seen on Freedom, today they added models for new weapons like spears, halberds and staves, new weapon models for old weapons, and weapon racks:
    rack_Spear.jpg
    swords.jpg
    Rack_inEngine.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, those look pretty nice. How is Freedom? It's it overpopulated or are there still nice areas of solitude around?

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There are still areas of solitude, they are just further away from the roads.

We get very few visitors at our home base on the side of the mountain, and only two people have ever been spotted at our new outpost at the very top.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    So, I guess my tree farm is long gone.

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The spiders in this game freak me the hell out.

• Options
    A new Freedom Server:
    Due to congestion and the relative difficulty of finding virgin lands on the current Independence server, we’ve decided that it is time to release a new Freedom server. We shall call it Deliverance and it will be the new default server for newbies.

This historical land rush event – the first in several years – is scheduled next Tuesday at 18.00 hrs CET (the 6th of Sept).

We have yet to prepare a few things like linking the servers and making sure the operating system is up to date but most things are good to go.

The new lands will be located south of the existing Independence server and you will be able to sail there. The only portal that leads to it will be from the tutorial server.

All you have to in order to participate in this event is to create an account on the tutorial server and wait at the portal area, or hang on the southern border of Independence.

Most welcome everyone!

Regards,
    The Wurm Online Team.

Not sure if I'll be heading over there, or if I'll send an alt or my main account over if I do, but either way, this is undeniably the most exciting news in Wurm since the first Freedom server was created two years ago. (Note: this excitement scale ranges from dreadfully boring to marginally interesting.)

campionthorgotsig.jpg