Options

Severe slowdown on profile page

Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast,be kindRegistered User regular
I don't know if it's just a general site slowdown, but; lately, seems clicking my username up in the corner there? To check my notifications? Takes up to 30 seconds to load. Clicking around the forum though, that's plenty speedy.

What's the deal with some pages / threads having a long load time?

Aaand, is this thing in particular down to having a few thousand notifications now? Would a 'clear notifications' button sort it?

Cheers. <3

Oh brilliant
Dark Raven X on

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    The forum probably updates the count as posts come and only generates that page when you load it. That could take a while.

MKR on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Same issue, and it happens every single time I click on my name in the corner. I too am wondering if a 'clear all notifications' might help.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    happens to me as well. In a lot of cases it won't even load it.

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    Had a severe slowdown where I unintentionally quadruple posted in a thread. Did one of the servers go down again?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Uh. What?

EDIT: Oh, right.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant