As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Missing PC Tournaments

IceNineIceNine Registered User regular
edited June 2006 in PAX Archive
What games are being considered for the two TBD PC tournaments? May I suggest an RTS since we already have more than enough FPS action between the console and PC tournaments? I was thinking maybe the organizers could hold a vote to ensure there are enough participants. Starcraft may be a no-brainer but maybe something new like BFME2 or Rise of Legends would be cool. Let the people decide! :D

IceNine on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2006
    Its already being discussed in this thread:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073822461

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    IceNineIceNine Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    That's more of a discussion in what's going on in the BYOC room, I expect we'll be playing all kinds of stuff there. I was addressing the official tournaments open to all, not the games of the hour or mini-tourneys in the BYOC room.

IceNine on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited May 2006
    I'm pretty sure Day of Defeat: Source will be one of them, the other will very likely be a game that isn't yet released.

I've been hearing good things about Prey, that's a contender. If enough support for Rise of Legends takes off, I'm going to try and convince the Powers that Be that we should replace the Warcraft3 tournament with that.

Having multiple RTS tournaments makes me nervous as those games tend to take a while in order to play "right", and running our tournaments on schedule is exceptionally important.

That said, if The People demand it, The People will get it...even if it makes our lives difficult. So if you want a certain game Tournamentified, then it is your civic duty to announce it.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited May 2006
    I want a Halo 2 for PC tourney! :D

A few months too early on that note.

GeeCee on
  • Options
    FallFall Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Prey is a fun, but gimmicky game. I spent some time playing it at E3, and while it was neat, it never felt like the combat mechanics or movement really lent themselves to skilled play.

Fall on
  • Options
    AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Fall wrote:
    Prey is a fun, but gimmicky game. I spent some time playing it at E3, and while it was neat, it never felt like the combat mechanics or movement really lent themselves to skilled play.
    I kind of sauntered up to an open station at the Logitech booth and started playing that midway through the round, next thing I know I've won and they're giving me a gamepad. It was boss.

Anyways, it was kind of fun figuring out all the weapons, like how that acid launcher is the shotgun equivalent.

Azio on